Starting LT and LG Tomorrow?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We'll know for sure just before kickoff who plays and who doesn't.

It's the most reliable point in time to learn who plays and who doesn't.

In any case, for one, I'm reasonably confident that our backups are reliable.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I am so glad that Asim Richards and TJ Bass have shown significant potential beyond what was expected for a late round pick and an undrafted free agent. Imagine the panic if Dallas hadn't acquired them. Steele will also figure in on this equation, probably letting Richards take a few snaps, but not all of them.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Even it Smith x 2 are capable of starting, it would be useful for Asim Richards, TJ Bass and Edoga to get playing time.

LT and LG by committee.... only kidding

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I don't expect the Smiths to play much if at all....even if they do start, won't get past the 1st quarter. Dallas will see it is too early and sit them down. So Edoga at LT with some Richards....and Bass at LG, which is a gamble because he played mostly RG in the PS. I do believe in Richards and Bass, but they will still have some growing pains, can't expect them to play like All Pros from the get go.

Motorola

Reaction score
Who wills play left guard and left tackle Sunday?
Tyron LT and Tyler LG. They participated in the mock scrimmage yesterday.
Where did you see this news?
The thread that talks about MM updating the injury status of Wilson, Tyron, and Tyler. People seemed to ignore it once the new injury report came out.
We'll know for sure just before kickoff who plays and who doesn't.

It's the most reliable point in time to learn who plays and who doesn't.

In any case, for one, I'm reasonably confident that our backups are reliable.
Conflicting updates and timelines from the reporters covering the team.
Maybe an update on the Smiths' statuses comes out later today and/or tomorrow morning.
Or go with Bullflop's comment...wait until just before kickoff.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Conflicting updates and timelines from the reporters covering the team.
Maybe an update on the Smiths' statuses comes out later today and/or tomorrow morning.
Or go with Bullflop's comment...wait until just before kickoff.
Based upon what McCarthy has said, today is decision day.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
If Tyler Smith isn’t available to play left guard, I hope (and think) it’s Sea Bass.

Unlike some others, his play in the preseason has given some reason for confidence.
I'd rather Bass who has showed his value, I'm not confident in Hoffman starting

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
LT is a hobbled Tyron. LG is supposedly Bass or a hobbled Chuma.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who wills play left guard and left tackle Sunday?
How about you not ask fans who are clueless to who's gonna play and wait till the active list comes out.. A lot of these late injury ads for these very very minor injuries for all teams I think is a little sportsmanship and gamesmanship going on.. They're wanting teams to be doing exactly what fans are doing but I don't think teams are falling for it they're just going to practice as if the best players are gonna be there then who cares about lower end player ends up subbing in because you've already prepared for the best now your job's going to be easier..

So again that's why I'm not even predicting the outcome of the game until I find out who's active we'll find out around what 10 AM tomorrow noon I don't know when our active list comes out then we'll know..

Until then this is all a bunch of assumptions.. I think the better wording for your post would have been who will play if the starters are out we don't know that they're out... But for me at left tackle I'm going with the Asim Richards and left guard I'm going with possibly Edoga due to experience I think to start Richard would be shaky, but I think he would get better each snap in the game.. He has that reach and body size that you want at left tackle..

But I will add if we have to play with those two dudes or any backups on our whole left side this is gonna be a long game and possibly a loss let's hope it's only one of the two or none of them.. We are going against a hungry hungry team getting tired of losing to the Dallas Cowboys at home for game one which nobody can predict what happens after a long off season.. If you look what happened to the chiefs that could easily happen to us..