Starting LT and LG Tomorrow?

Nexx

Reaction score
not losing any sleep over this. hopefully they both start if not next man up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If Tyler Smith isn’t available to play left guard, I hope (and think) it’s Sea Bass.

Unlike some others, his play in the preseason has given some reason for confidence.
I agree. Put Bass in there if we have an issue.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't expect the Smiths to play much if at all....even if they do start, won't get past the 1st quarter. Dallas will see it is too early and sit them down. So Edoga at LT with some Richards....and Bass at LG, which is a gamble because he played mostly RG in the PS. I do believe in Richards and Bass, but they will still have some growing pains, can't expect them to play like All Pros from the get go.
Richards will have the most problems against speed rushers out there. I really cant believe that Tyron is going to be out for the first game. LOL

Bluefin

Reaction score
If you believe Jerry its Edoga and Richards as next men up
Coach McCarthy from the Mothership.

With the offensive line injuries being especially worrisome with the lack of depth behind the starting five, McCarthy said that having Chuma Edoga and rookie Asim Richards step in would be an option if one or both of the Smiths cannot go on Sunday night.
"That's an option," he said. "That's the first combination we've been working."

Carson

Reaction score
Left Tackle Asim Richards

Left Guard- TJ Bass
If Edoga and Tyron can go this will be it.

0% chance they start a 5th rounder and an UDFA opening night if they can avoid it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
MM said Chuma Edoga would replace Tyron and Asim Richards would replace Tyler if both were out. Not Bass since he worked on the right side all summer.

The Cowboys only called up one lineman (Brock Hoffman) for tomorrow so that's a sign Tyron will be ready to go at LT. Edoga will back him up and it will be Richards at guard assuming Tyler is out. Hoffman joins Bass as the interior backups.

McMicah

Reaction score
I think I love how cagey McCarthy is. I would not be surprised if Tyler was feeling great and Mike was like “let’s put ‘doubtful’ on the injury report mwahahahaha”

Praxit

Reaction score
.well, the both made the NY trip. Usually, that's very good indication they will play. Or why waste roster spot?

Carson

Reaction score
.well, the both made the NY trip. Usually, that's very good indication they will play. Or why waste roster spot?
It’s not wasting a roster spot. They will try to go but can be deemed inactive.

Hoffman being called up does bode well as he does not play tackle.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
if Tyler Smith can't play, I hope its one of the rooks over Edoga.
I'll be surprised if it is. We signed Edoga specifically for this reason. The only reason it might be in doubt if because of the hyperextended knee Edoga suffered in early August. If he's still having trouble with that, then I'd assume we'd go with Richards.

gimmesix

Reaction score
It’s not wasting a roster spot. They will try to go but can be deemed inactive.

Hoffman being called up does bode well as he does not play tackle.
Hoffman was going to be called up no matter what since he's the center backup. Richards would be next in line as the tackle backup.

gimmesix

Reaction score
They will probably get out on the field and try to go through some warmups to see how they feel before deciding whether they are active or inactive.