Starting O-Line for 2019

cowboyfan4lyfe

Reaction score
This is the starting oline I like to see this up coming season. Tyrone Smith at LT. With Fredrick coming back healthy I would like Looney at LG. After this season he deserve a starting spot. Martin at RG and the biggest surprise I would like the team to move on from Collins and save some cap space since we have so many to sign in the next 2-3 years. Conner Williams at RT he has the athleticism to play there and not have to worry about getting overpowered by other teams Guards......Thoughts?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the starting oline I like to see this up coming season. Tyrone Smith at LT. With Fredrick coming back healthy I would like Looney at LG. After this season he deserve a starting spot. Martin at RG and the biggest surprise I would like the team to move on from Collins and save some cap space since we have so many to sign in the next 2-3 years. Conner Williams at RT he has the athleticism to play there and not have to worry about getting overpowered by other teams Guards......Thoughts?

I’ve been curious all along why Williams hasn’t been considered as an OT. I’ve heard his arm length isn’t ideal, but he’s got the athleticism and adequate size and I believe he only gave up one sack in college despite being a multi year starter.

GenoT

Reaction score
Check back @ the end of August.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I think Connor wins LG next year. He should definitely compete with Looney for it though.

I think the problem with Connor at RT this early in his career is how theres a trend of teams putting their best pass rushers over the RT when he hasn't played on the right side.

Optimally, he could be very good at LG once he gets some big boy weight and can anchor, his feet are an asset on the 2nd level, and he'd be better used at LG than T for that scenario, if we have an OC that takes advantage of it anyway.

I think he's going to be pretty good. He's just turning 22 in May. He's got a high ceiling in between Tyron and Frederick.

RichmondFan

Reaction score
La'El is a bust as a RT in the NFL, he either needs to be moved to LG or released.

Holy analysis, Batman! Agreed. Move Collins back to Left Guard where he was very good. Seams like these multi-million dollar offensive coaches would've figured that out. When asked Garret said "we see him as a tackle." I don't. Pickup Darryl Williams from the Panthers and put him at RT. That would be the best OL in the league, hands down!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy analysis, Batman! Agreed. Move Collins back to Left Guard where he was very good. Seams like these multi-million dollar offensive coaches would've figured that out. When asked Garret said "we see him as a tackle." I don't. Pickup Darryl Williams from the Panthers and put him at RT. That would be the best OL in the league, hands down!
Maybe!