Starting O-Line for 2019

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think that it's 50/50 that Connor Williams ends up being considered a bust when all is said and done.
He does not seem like a bust to me. If he was, he would have went into a shell being shuffled in and out of the line up this year.

He handled it well and even played well at times.

He did not act like a fool. See Taco Charlton if you want a definition of exactly what that looks like.

He needs to pack on the bulk to anchor.

His conditioning this offseason will be critical to his success.

Verdict

Reaction score
He does not seem like a bust to me. If he was, he would have went into a shell being shuffled in and out of the line up this year.

He handled it well and even played well at times.

He did not act like a fool. See Taco Charlton if you want a definition of exactly what that looks like.

He needs to pack on the bulk to anchor.

His conditioning this offseason will be critical to his success.

Maybe. He's a little but to light to play guard in the way that the Cowboys use them. He would have probably played well for a team like the Colts when Manning was there.

Ironically his build may make him more suitable to LT. We may end up finding out how well he can play the position if Tyron doesn't get healthy.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The line will be what most expect, Tyron Smith and Collins at tackle, Martin and C. Williams at guard. and Frederick at center. Looney's greatest asset is his versatility. Su'a-Filo is back at an affordable contract, and is great insurance, as well as a nice presence to push Connor. I would try to re-sign Fleming but it would all depend on his contract demands.

Two players that the staff was raving about before injuries were Marcus Martin and Parker Ehinger. Martin, would need to be re-signed, but can start at center or guard. Ehinger is under contract, and can play guard or tackle. O Line should not be a major concern this off-season.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
i think the team has to be worried about TREX
assuming Fredrick is back to 100%
we more questions on oline than i like
sign and draft i bet

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is the starting oline I like to see this up coming season. Tyrone Smith at LT. With Fredrick coming back healthy I would like Looney at LG. After this season he deserve a starting spot. Martin at RG and the biggest surprise I would like the team to move on from Collins and save some cap space since we have so many to sign in the next 2-3 years. Conner Williams at RT he has the athleticism to play there and not have to worry about getting overpowered by other teams Guards......Thoughts?

Martin at LT, Collins G, Frederick, Williams G, Smith RT

Looney the backup at center and guard.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Collins needs to move back to guard. I really feel the reason they wanted him to play tackle was because of the retirement of Doug Free. Collins is a guard. Hes not as good as Martin but I feel he can be as good as Ron Leary.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Collins at LG, Looney has more value as a back-up.

I so agree. Isn't Collins a lefty? I think that's why he'd be stronger when playing on the left side, especially when players take him wide. They better at least try it with Conner at RT and Collins at LG at training camp!