State of the team: They’re just not good

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All the media and fanboys want you to believe that you can win with 3 really good WRs and good DEs.

This is not a 7 on 7 league and it’s not madden.

Losing LVE and Jarwin combined with no Collins for now means if you go by position group and grade them:

QB - A-
RB - A
WR - A
TE - D
OL - C
DE - A-
DT - B
LB - D
CB - B
S - D

No team has all A’s across the board but the positions Dallas is bad at, they’re REALLY bad at. There are way too many holes on this team for it to be a contender right now. No Collins kills the offense and terrible LBs means teams can take the middle of the field all day.

When they got the Rams in 3rd and long the DEs had success. But when you don’t have good LBs it’s hard to get them in 3rd and long consistently.

Hopefully the team can stay around 500 til later in the year if LVE and Collins get fully healthy. Jaylon is not good for anything except 3rd and long when they can use him as a missile into the OL like they did on the sack to free up Thomas.

How good can you really be with a defense like that?

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Few grades you gave were much higher than they should be. DT should be D. Also DE should be D+. The DTs were being run over and couldn't tackle worth a dang. DEs got very little pressure, and the reason why it is a D+ (emphasis on plus) is cuz Aldon Smith looks promising and had a good game considering.
QB should be C+ due to lack of vision downfield and was slow at getting ball out of his hand.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Bucs are the best example of the media looking at names and thinking the NFL is a video game. Everyone knows Brady is on the decline and Gronks body has been shot for awhile.

If you expected Brady to come out on the same page after 3 weeks and no preseason and be world beater you were just stupid. Not to mention they were playing one of the best teams in football.

Kinda like these morons talking about how great Cam Newton is after he beat the Dolphins.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If you expected Brady to come out on the same page after 3 weeks and no preseason and be world beater you were just stupid. Not to mention they were playing one of the best teams in football.

Kinda like these morons talking about how great Cam Newton is after he beat the Dolphins.

Yeah, weren't a lot of our fans talking about how great Dak/Cowboys were after beating the Dolphins last season?:laugh:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You can’t judge an entire season on one game. Yes, we played poorly in several areas. Especially on defense. When you give up 6 yards per play, you’re going to lose.

If anyone is shocked that our defense isn’t great, they were drinking some strong blue koolaide.

Hey, it’s one game. Let’s see what happens over more than one game before slamming down the panic button.
I will give them 2 more games, atl and sea, see how it goes in those.
The defense although not real good, did hold the rams to 20 points, and that is good.
The problem was the 2nd half, where the offense only put up 3 points. you cant win doing that unless your way ahead.

btcutter

Reaction score
All the media and fanboys want you to believe that you can win with 3 really good WRs and good DEs.

This is not a 7 on 7 league and it’s not madden.

Losing LVE and Jarwin combined with no Collins for now means if you go by position group and grade them:

QB - A-
RB - A
WR - A
TE - D
OL - C
DE - A-
DT - B
LB - D
CB - B
S - D

No team has all A’s across the board but the positions Dallas is bad at, they’re REALLY bad at. There are way too many holes on this team for it to be a contender right now. No Collins kills the offense and terrible LBs means teams can take the middle of the field all day.

When they got the Rams in 3rd and long the DEs had success. But when you don’t have good LBs it’s hard to get them in 3rd and long consistently.

Hopefully the team can stay around 500 til later in the year if LVE and Collins get fully healthy. Jaylon is not good for anything except 3rd and long when they can use him as a missile into the OL like they did on the sack to free up Thomas.

You are way too generous with your grading.

The game was lost by OL and DL. OL was a C- and DL was a D. DL allowed Ram's OL to get to 2nd level and clean up the LB and DBs so I put more faults on DL.

I actually though we would get blown out after 1st quarter by the way we were being pushed around.

You forgot Coaching grade which was also a D for going for it instead of tying the game and lack of adjustment to Ram's offensive scheme.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
You are way too generous with your grading.

The game was lost by OL and DL. OL was a C- and DL was a D. DL allowed Ram's OL to get to 2nd level and clean up the LB and DBs so I put more faults on DL.

I actually though we would get blown out after 1st quarter by the way we were being pushed around.

You forgot Coaching grade which was also a D for going for it instead of tying the game and lack of adjustment to Ram's offensive scheme.
That was not a grade based off this game it’s for their overall talent level.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
We can’t compare the Goat who is on his way out out to a kid in his prime age wise. Compare Up to the same age and years played.

Capture.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
1 game.
very disappointed in their performances on 3rd down on both sides of the ball.
but im not ready to say they are not a good team.
i believe they are.
we'll find out.
but not after 1 game.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
1 game.
very disappointed in their performances on 3rd down on both sides of the ball.
but im not ready to say they are not a good team.
i believe they are.
we'll find out.
but not after 1 game.
With the current injuries, it’s not really debatable. Terrence Steele has been pushed into a role he wasn’t prepared to do based off health and lack of other options.

The team wasn’t prepared to lose 2 of its 3 starting LBs with both being the ones to best diagnose plays.

Then the TE was the only one who offered a different dimension that we haven’t already seen with Witten.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Do we win that game with Mcvay?
Where was his master playcalling last year when we destroyed them when they still had playoff hopes? They just got lucky our defense sucked. I hope we play them again

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
No. I recall a lot of excitement after going 3-0.

A LOT. And I tried to levy that with how they didn't look all that impressive in their "wins", and I got blasted. But you could see the mediocrity building after 3 games, even in wins. Let's see where they are after 3 or 4 games this season. After game 1, with 2 big injuries, 8-8 is looking plausible, and it STILL may be enough to contend for this stinky division.