State of the team: They’re just not good

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
last night was a disgrace.
Tbh only aldon Smith out of the whole organisation can hold his head up high.
Tge rest of these over rated players and coaches all graded as an F-
Utterly embarrassing

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A LOT. And I tried to levy that with how they didn't look all that impressive in their "wins", and I got blasted. But you could see the mediocrity building after 3 games, even in wins. Let's see where they are after 3 or 4 games this season. After game 1, with 2 big injuries, 8-8 is looking plausible, and it STILL may be enough to contend for this stinky division.

Its up to 4 big injuries now:

McCoy, LVE, Collins, Jarwin.

McCoy and LVE have all but destroyed any hope of stopping the run game this year. Ha has was supposed to help the safety spot and you can throw that out the window.

If the coaching doesn't improve, then 8-8 is a definite possibility.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Its up to 4 big injuries now:

McCoy, LVE, Collins, Jarwin.

McCoy and LVE have all but destroyed any hope of stopping the run game this year. Ha has was supposed to help the safety spot and you can throw that out the window.

If the coaching doesn't improve, then 8-8 is a definite possibility.

Oh no, McCoy and Collins too??? Hec, 8-8 is starting to look like a decent season with the roster they have left, because you KNOW the 'Boys don't have any depth at most of these positions. :confused: How did the Eagles wind up with 3 good, young TEs the last few years, and the Cowboys had a hard time finding one?

:facepalm:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Where was his master playcalling last year when we destroyed them when they still had playoff hopes? They just got lucky our defense sucked. I hope we play them again

Well.. We have a better roster than the Rams and they have beat us 2 of the 3.

cowboyec

Reaction score
With the current injuries, it’s not really debatable. Terrence Steele has been pushed into a role he wasn’t prepared to do based off health and lack of other options.

The team wasn’t prepared to lose 2 of its 3 starting LBs with both being the ones to best diagnose plays.

Then the TE was the only one who offered a different dimension that we haven’t already seen with Witten.
1 game does not define this entire season.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Well.. We have a better roster than the Rams and they have beat us 2 of the 3.
I dont care about a week 1 game as much as some. If we want the opposite of Garrett I want a team playing it's best to end the year. So like I said. I hope to see the rams again

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Some fans need to chill. They didn't do bad for no preseason games. Little rough around the edges which MM will make adjustments to. Not like Dallas was ahead by 17/Dak sacked 8x's & end up losing to a lousy team. :lmao:

kwcool619

Reaction score
What I find so discouraging is every year we get our hopes up that this will be "The Year". The press always pumps us up. every preseason we are the media darlings. It is without fail.

well watching this team last night tells me what I have known for several years now. The Dallas Cowboys are perpetually just another team who can't get over the hump. year after year they are chasing their tails. So many NFL teams fall into that category. Dallas is just another also ran.

The front office repeatedly makes boneheaded signings on feel good stories like Jaylon and other players who aren't worth half the money they sign them to. And then there's the quarterback. This guy plays like a backup. It's gotten to the point where if they get the ball for the final drive to win the game my whole body just gets numb and I just sit back and can see the inevitable mess play out.

I will always be a dallas fan. It's just a shame to see what's become of this organization.

100% with the last sentence.

The front office: Can't keep paying average players big money expecting them to magically produce. Why was Nolan hired? Has he won anything of significance? Another recycled coach...I am still wondering what the philosophy of this organization is. Hopefully, it isn't "We will hire the coach then meddle in his business".

Jaylon Smith? I am not that down on him as my fellow fans. He needs to be in a highly disciplined defensive scheme. Dallas just isn't it for him. Put him on the Ravens, or Seahawks, or the Bills in a blitzing package. He will be all right.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
100% with the last sentence.

The front office: Can't keep paying average players big money expecting them to magically produce. Why was Nolan hired? Has he won anything of significance? Another recycled coach...I am still wondering what the philosophy of this organization is. Hopefully, it isn't "We will hire the coach then meddle in his business".

Jaylon Smith? I am not that down on him as my fellow fans. He needs to be in a highly disciplined defensive scheme. Dallas just isn't it for him. Put him on the Ravens, or Seahawks, or the Bills in a blitzing package. He will be all right.

It’s one game but I’m not looking forward to A potential deep playoff run, I can tell you that. It definitely looked like more of the same last night. Still need some more time to flesh out the teams true potential but injuries matter when they occur at positions with little to no quality depth and we are getting pummeled with them.

kwcool619

Reaction score
It’s one game but I’m not looking forward to A potential deep playoff run, I can tell you that. It definitely looked like more of the same last night. Still need some more time to flesh out the teams true potential but injuries matter when they occur at positions with little to no quality depth and we are getting pummeled with them.

The Jarwin injury is colossal. LVE injury is bad also. Can someone correct his tackling technique? Just like at Boise State, he is a shoulder tackler and he still is too upright when tackling. Expect more collarbone, neck and shoulder injuries until someone corrects it. Otherwise, I like his speed and drive.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
All the media and fanboys want you to believe that you can win with 3 really good WRs and good DEs.

This is not a 7 on 7 league and it’s not madden.

Losing LVE and Jarwin combined with no Collins for now means if you go by position group and grade them:

QB - A-
RB - A
WR - A
TE - D
OL - C
DE - A-
DT - B
LB - D
CB - B
S - D

OL was a bad matchup for us. Strong DTs who abused Williams and Looney. They should look better going forward, and we'll get Collins back.

I think our DTs were worse than B. The Rams just walked through the middle of the dline all day. Review from Church, Holley, and Nate was that Poe was awful. I think Woods did nothing too. Hill did some, but two gap is not his strength.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The QB, RB, and WR will have to compensate for the OL. May be harder but need to make more plays than they did last night.

Donald and Brockers are a tough row to hoe for Looney and Williams. I expect they'll look better against other teams.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Coaching gets an F for the simple fact we had an UDFA RT out there on an island on his own with no adjustment to give some help. It was like ATL 2017 all over again.

First half defense-F
Second half defense-C

First half offense-A
Second half offense-F

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
All the media and fanboys want you to believe that you can win with 3 really good WRs and good DEs.

This is not a 7 on 7 league and it’s not madden.

Losing LVE and Jarwin combined with no Collins for now means if you go by position group and grade them:

QB - A-
RB - A
WR - A
TE - D
OL - C
DE - A-
DT - B
LB - D
CB - B
S - D

No team has all A’s across the board but the positions Dallas is bad at, they’re REALLY bad at. There are way too many holes on this team for it to be a contender right now. No Collins kills the offense and terrible LBs means teams can take the middle of the field all day.

When they got the Rams in 3rd and long the DEs had success. But when you don’t have good LBs it’s hard to get them in 3rd and long consistently.

Hopefully the team can stay around 500 til later in the year if LVE and Collins get fully healthy. Jaylon is not good for anything except 3rd and long when they can use him as a missile into the OL like they did on the sack to free up Thomas.

Yep, I keep seeing posts saying "with this roster" this and "with this roster" that, like it's the greatest thing ever assembled. Folks need to take an honest look, position by position, compared to the good teams in the NFL.

Offensive line is not special anymore. Fredbeard is gone, Collins is on IR, and it shows. The TE situation is a joke - probably the worst group in the NFL.

Defensive tackles are weak. Poe isn't what he used to be which is why he was available. The secondary is a bunch of question marks and a promising rookie.

Skill positions on offense compare favorably, but when you're getting whupped in the trenches on both sides of the ball it only means so much.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Expectations werent high for this season. Dallas is a top 12-15sh team. Its gonna take some time to get the ship right.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Yep, I keep seeing posts saying "with this roster" this and "with this roster" that, like it's the greatest thing ever assembled. Folks need to take an honest look, position by position, compared to the good teams in the NFL.

Offensive line is not special anymore. Fredbeard is gone, Collins is on IR, and it shows. The TE situation is a joke - probably the worst group in the NFL.

Defensive tackles are weak. Poe isn't what he used to be which is why he was available. The secondary is a bunch of question marks and a promising rookie.

Skill positions on offense compare favorably, but when you're getting whupped in the trenches on both sides of the ball it only means so much.
I’d go as far to say the only healthy PROVEN players to be afraid of on this roster are:

Dak
DLaw
Zeke
Cooper
Gallup
Martin
Tyron
Griffen

That’s far from the best roster in the league. The Chiefs and Ravens have probably double that.