Twitter: Statement from Vegas Police regarding Zeke's incident

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Get used to this word..... REASONABLE. I hated it, I still hate it, but tit is the best standard we have. Last summer a guy drove his car into me on purpose. We had a pretty heated exchange. I didnt like where this was headed so I got back into my car, seat belt was on, im in a convertible miata, down low, and very much defenseless. The guy threatened to beat my arse, and walked about 10 ft very fast up to my car and opened my car door. Did I have reason to believe his threat? Prosecutors and juries are asked a simple question. Under the circumstances, would a reasonable person believe this person's threat and give you reason to fear for your safety? If so, assault just took place, whether he actually touched you or not.

By the way, the guy that opened my door could have been shot and killed if I wasnt cool under pressure. My gun was six inches from his chest, and he did what I wanted, he backed up, we both drove away and he lived for another day.
Nope that standard is stupid. It might be the actual law but it’s stupid to me. In that situation you described with your car I can see that and agree. The one before where it was just I’ll hit you and I’m big that’s assault hell no. That is my point it has to be actual real threat not I’m bigger than you and said I’ll hit you in a heated moment so I “assaulted” you. It’s okay if we disagree though but that’s just how I see that definition of “assault”

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So I guess when you’re not carrying you’re done eh “nerd”? Sounds like you’re a legal concealed carry because you can’t fight to me. Not saying it’s required because how often do adults really get into fights but I don’t feel the need to have a gun everywhere I go either. Some people just seem more scary than others.

lol... I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps. I had scud missile alarms waking us up in the middle of the night... IM pretty sure I dealt with **** that nobody in the streets has dealt with. That being said, im not "Fighting," with anyone. If you want to call me a nerd, go ahead. What I wont be is someone like the Giants fan that is now a vegetable because he was beat the hell out of after a game. Im no tough guy, but if you think Im throwing down... nah. Fights are not fair... ever. You think our military wants our fights to be fair? Watch the you tube videos of the tough guys... they are talking smack, and as soon as some MMA dude gets him on the ground and starts kicking his butt... his buddies are like... ah, stand him up, stand him up...lol.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Nope that standard is stupid. It might be the actual law but it’s stupid to me. In that situation you described with your car I can see that and agree. The one before where it was just I’ll hit you and I’m big that’s assault hell no. That is my point it has to be actual real threat not I’m bigger than you and said I’ll hit you in a heated moment so I “assaulted” you. It’s okay if we disagree though but that’s just how I see that definition of “assault”
You are correct...... you just said it... the threat has to be PERCEIVED as REAL. If it is, than that is assault. And what you or I think means nothing. The law is what the law is.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I didnt say he was charged, I said he very likely committed assault. Pay attention to the words. And I know you are a tough guy from your posts, but someone can pretty much talk smack to you all day and as soon as YOU get violent, you would be going to jail, and would deserve to, as you said.
If you have a concealed weapon it is your duty to de escalate the situation and just leave because you know you have the upper hand. My father conceal carries and that is what they constantly preach when you carry.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
lol... I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps. I had scud missile alarms waking us up in the middle of the night... IM pretty sure I dealt with **** that nobody in the streets has dealt with. That being said, im not "Fighting," with anyone. If you want to call me a nerd, go ahead. What I wont be is someone like the Giants fan that is now a vegetable because he was beat the hell out of after a game. Im no tough guy, but if you think Im throwing down... nah. Fights are not fair... ever. You think our military wants our fights to be fair? Watch the you tube videos of the tough guys... they are talking smack, and as soon as some MMA dude gets him on the ground and starts kicking his butt... his buddies are like... ah, stand him up, stand him up...lol.
I don’t want to call you a “nerd” you called yourself one hence why I said “nerd” like I did. You seem too scaredy imo. The Giants fan isn’t indicative of most fan interactions sorry. I makes you look scary if you can’t go places that you can’t have your gun because I didn’t know you could goto sports games with guns. Learn something new all the time. No I don’t think the military wants fights to be fair but this is out in the streets with mostly regular people with no training. You being in the Marines should give you an advantage just like me training in boxing and martial arts for most of my life against the avg person on the streets. I’m no tough guy and there really isn’t a need to be because ime as long as you mind your business trouble rarely finds you but if it does I’m always ready.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If you have a concealed weapon it is your duty to de escalate the situation and just leave because you know you have the upper hand. My father conceal carries and that is what they constantly preach when you carry.
Hennesy, please do not take this the wrong way, im not looking to start some crap here. Anyone that carries should always try to deescalate. Anyone that carries should not be a hot head looking to start crap. Remember that guy that was a carrier and he walked up to that lady and was yelling at her about being parked in that handicapped space? Her boyfriend then came out of the little store and pushed that guy to the ground, then he pulled out his gun and shot and killed the guy. IMO, he was looking for something. That being said, there is absolutely no law that requires someone that is a concealed carrier to leave any situation where an idiot is making threats. I am not required to deescalate anything. The law is a very compicated mess when it comes to anyone getting shot. I wont go into a bunch of legal crap here, and I am talking about it in this Cowboys forum because we are discussing a legal situation with a Cowboys player... but there is little that is black and white when it comes to the law.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don’t want to call you a “nerd” you called yourself one hence why I said “nerd” like I did. You seem too scaredy imo. The Giants fan isn’t indicative of most fan interactions sorry. I makes you look scary if you can’t go places that you can’t have your gun because I didn’t know you could goto sports games with guns. Learn something new all the time. No I don’t think the military wants fights to be fair but this is out in the streets with mostly regular people with no training. You being in the Marines should give you an advantage just like me training in boxing and martial arts for most of my life against the avg person on the streets. I’m no tough guy and there really isn’t a need to be because ime as long as you mind your business trouble rarely finds you but if it does I’m always ready.
You can not take gun sinto sporting events..... well, certain ones that is. Try an dtake one into a pro game and you would never get in. Same with concerts and some other venues.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You are correct...... you just said it... the threat has to be PERCEIVED as REAL. If it is, than that is assault. And what you or I think means nothing. The law is what the law is.
Yeah no stuff it don’t matter what we said but that’s not the point. We are discussing on here so in that context is the one I’m telling you it’s stupid. I’m not saying it on some I’m going to work to get it changed stuff.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got laid after a fight before.

Probably pretty uncommon unless it's with a girl you already had a relationship with and didn't have to go out partying to get, or a drunk girl just looking for anyone to spread her legs for.

kskboys

Reaction score
True story: I was charged w/ assault because I waved my hand at a clerk w/ my wallet in it. One of my credit cards flew out toward the clerk.

I don't believe the threat has to be perceived as real.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
True story: I was charged w/ assault because I waved my hand at a clerk w/ my wallet in it. One of my credit cards flew out toward the clerk.

I don't believe the threat has to be perceived as real.
KSK... trust me, the threat has to be perceived as real and would have to pass the reasonable person standard. You were CHARGED??? were you convicted?

Birdgang

Reaction score
There's a chance it can change, but not everyone "grows up". Especially when you have millions in the bank account from family money(Manziel) or from your career and are treated like a celeb most places you go.

Still, I don't see this as a big deal, outside of that language Goodell put in Zeke's suspension. Very vague set of rules Zeke had to follow.

on top of warning to Zeke .... this little part can do him in.

From the code of conduct policy:

Prohibited conduct includes but is not limited to the following:

 Actual or threatened physical violence against another person;
 Violent or threatening behavior toward another employee or a third party in any workplace setting;
 Stalking, harassment, or similar forms of intimidation;

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
there doesnt have to be any actual harm for an asault to take place.

If I threaten to beat your arse and surrounding events make you believe that threat(im huge, im drunk, you just watched me knock someone out), then an assault has taken place. If I actually punch you in the face, that is battery.
If I threaten to beat your arse and I am confined to a wheelchair, then obviously my threat can not be carried out. Thus the person in the wheelchair making the exact same threat is not guilty of any assault because no reasonable person would believe the threat could be followed by acts to carry it out.
That is the exact opposite of what you said before..... your first post about "internet lawyers" is very confusing

The guy you were mocking said it was classic Assault and that is what it appears to be and what you just described

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That is the exact opposite of what you said before..... your first post about "internet lawyers" is very confusing

The guy you were mocking said it was classic Assault and that is what it appears to be and what you just described
Ill go back and look... but I think he said BATTERY.
My response was in regards to several posts that were discussing what happened, including the knocking down of the security guy(which would be BATTERY, not ASSAULT)... this led to a deeper discussion on the difference of the two. The use of the term "Assault," was incorrect and why I mentioned it. No biggie, but most people think an assault is when you physically hit someone.... it is not.

Last edited:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
There are plenty of 23 year old players who have figured it out, so age is no excuse. He’s an adult.
We all mature at different rates...………….there are plenty of people whom are not serial killers, either. 23 or otherwise.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
LOL.......

BTW......those saying it Zeke appears to be drunk are wrong. Think about it, no way in hell police releases him if they felt he was impaired. At a min, they'd lock him overnight and release him the next morning.

We all know the haters have to hate on something or some combination of somethings. I have no idea why they are fans of the Cowboys other than to complain and moan. If it isn't one thing it's another. JJ, JG, DP, ZE or the flavor of the day. Oh well, nothin I can do about that

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Misdemeanor battery........All they needed to say for Roger.

I’m thinking 2 games minimum.
to say the security guy was a victim of misdemeanor battery is wrong. He could be detained for suspicion of that, or arrested for that... but unless someone is convicted in court, no such victim exists.

nobody

Reaction score
Hennesy, please do not take this the wrong way, im not looking to start some crap here. Anyone that carries should always try to deescalate. Anyone that carries should not be a hot head looking to start crap. Remember that guy that was a carrier and he walked up to that lady and was yelling at her about being parked in that handicapped space? Her boyfriend then came out of the little store and pushed that guy to the ground, then he pulled out his gun and shot and killed the guy. IMO, he was looking for something. That being said, there is absolutely no law that requires someone that is a concealed carrier to leave any situation where an idiot is making threats. I am not required to deescalate anything. The law is a very compicated mess when it comes to anyone getting shot. I wont go into a bunch of legal crap here, and I am talking about it in this Cowboys forum because we are discussing a legal situation with a Cowboys player... but there is little that is black and white when it comes to the law.

I think you misread what he said. He said that they always teach you to deescalate when carrying.

(In before the thread gets locked for discussing firearms.)

Qcard

Reaction score
Im not a hypocrite in any way. Ive been consistent on this my entire life. If the guy aint in jail and can work at Kmart, then Im ok with him playing for my team on Sunday. If OJ could carry the rock today like an mvp back, Id sign him to a deal today! These guys arent my friends, arent my kids role models, aint coming to my house for dinner. Do all the crack and hookers you can during the week... just stay sober on Saturday and Sunday and I am all good.
Wow ..I like the conviction :laugh: