Twitter: Statement from Vegas Police regarding Zeke's incident

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not really a bump though was it? It was deliberate, unwanted contact, that resulted in the victim being pushed down. Although discretion is often applied by the police (as a previous poster mentioned), there is no question this meets the legal definition of assault. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Not predicting it, but It would not be a surprise to see a 1-2 game suspension result from this- especially given history.

Regardless, it's mindbogglingly stupid- especially after serving a 6 game suspension already.
Most folks can manage to attend a concert without ending up in handcuffs.
I don't disagree with the stupidity

stiletto

Reaction score
At the end of the day, Jerruh and Family bet on Stupidity... it hasn't worked out in like, what 25+ years? LOL

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I don’t see how you can invest big time money in him. #1 a running back is easy to find see what happened with the Steelers and Chiefs recently. I know Zeke is a talented back that you get tempted to break the mold and give him the money but add in the fact the guy seems to party a little too much and seems to be on the edge of getting arrested every off season I would pass. Yes he is young but so are other players and they don’t seem to be on the verge of getting arrested every off season. Just don’t trust this guy after getting a big pay day.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well he didn’t just bump into him like a guy walking down a busy street.

He approached the guy and purposely got in his face trying to intimidate him. Maybe not “assault” but to say it’s like some random bump on the street or in a crowded place is not even close to accurate.

The excuse making for Elliott is hilarious.
Happens ten thousand times at two am in every single city in the US, every weekend. It's nothing but a waste of everybody's time.

stiletto

Reaction score
I don’t see how you can invest big time money in him. #1 a running back is easy to find see what happened with the Steelers and Chiefs recently. I know Zeke is a talented back that you get tempted to break the mold and give him the money but add in the fact the guy seems to party a little too much and seems to be on the edge of getting arrested every off season I would pass. Yes he is young but so are other players and they don’t seem to be on the verge of getting arrested every off season. Just don’t trust this guy after getting a big pay day.

Agreed... especially at that position. I agree with others that believe Zeke lost a lot of money with his continued buffoonery.

Sydla

Reaction score
Happens ten thousand times at two am in every single city in the US, every weekend. It's nothing but a waste of everybody's time.

Zeke Elliott isn’t your run of the mill every day pedestrian.

Again, why do people struggle with this especially in light of the fact he’s had other issues off the field.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He hasn't really done anything here yet..
4bae53cdbf924589ae15cf0b1263322f.jpg

Little Jr

Reaction score
Even though contact is not generally necessary for an assault offense, a conviction for assault still requires a criminal "act". The types of acts that fall into the category of assaults can vary widely, but typically an assault requires an overt or direct act that would put the reasonable person in fear for their safety. Spoken words alone will not be enough of an act to constitute an assault unless the offender backs them up with an act or actions that put the victim in reasonable fear of imminent harm.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/assault-and-battery-overview.html

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Zeke Elliott isn’t your run of the mill every day pedestrian.

Again, why do people struggle with this especially in light of the fact he’s had other issues off the field.

Part of taking his career serious means he shouldn’t be at a rave party at 3am giving security people problems. Especially when he has already been suspended for off the field issues.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I think some of you are getting worked up over nothing........the only reason it's getting this much attention is he's a Cowboys player....if it was an eagles or Texans player it would get very little attention.

Birdgang

Reaction score
can you elaborate?

They saw Zeke push over the guy. The guy didn't want to press charges. So what the cops thought was an assault really was not. So by law no complaint in this matter no crime. If cops used there opinions all the time ..... we would all be in jail.
Granted they might of been able to get him on a lesser charge , but would the media S storm be worth it?

People get hit harder than that just getting to their poker table.

The guy was just unlucky to have tripped over the fallen gate. But would he have if Zeke didnt do what he did ? Zeke is lucky the guy didnt get hurt over something so stupid.