Stats: QBs down 1 score - 7 mins remaining

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Dak notoriously doesn't do well in these situations, especially against winning/great teams. He lays a turd, then next week will put up a 50 burger against the Deadskins and everyone acts like he's "all-pro". The one that comes to mind recently was the Eagles game last year where he mordaciously got us to like the 5 yard line then we got backed up to like the 30 lol. It's a typical Cowboy move.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Every scenario is different. 7 minutes? What about 8 minutes? What about 9 minutes?

How is this counted? How many times a QB has brought team back being down one score?

Or is it how many times relative to the total amount of times the team has been down 1 score with 7 minutes to go. Because the team has to be down with one score to go 7 minutes left a lot for it even count.

Dak isn't down one score with 7 minutes to go a lot. The team doesn't usually play close games. In 2018, Dak was clutch because the team played all those close games.

One would also say Lamar is the antithesis of clutch given the late Interception in the Chiefs game. One would say Matt Ryan is not clutch given the result of the 28-3 game. If Jimmy Garoppolo is clutch, how did he lose his job twice in 2 years? It determined Jordan Love was clutch based on 8 games? That's all we have to go by....and it apparently didn't count the 49ers game where the game was lost in the last 2 drives. A game ending INT and and a failed 3rd and 2 pass.

Now, I do think Dak is considered unclutch in general, but who really is clutch besides Mahomes? Stafford?

Last edited:

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Such an odd stat. What determines clutch? Serious question. Does it mean the QB drove for the go ahead score regardless of outcome or the QB has to win the game meaning potentially the QB drove for the go ahead score but the defense gave the lead back up because there was too much time left on the clock?

Last edited:

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
grapolo above mahomes...really!!! would anybody take Jimmy over Mahomes!!!! seriously people. something wrong with these stats.
Of course. The stat tells you it's Jimmy over Pat all day at the 7 min. mark. But...what does it say for under 5 mins?

The #1 outcome of this post is that it's forcing the Dakistans to mobilize and scour the internet for stats to contradict this one. You know there's about 5 of them pounding their keyboards as you read this.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Of course. The stat tells you it's Jimmy over Pat all day at the 7 min. mark. But...what does it say for under 5 mins?

The #1 outcome of this post is that it's forcing the Dakistans to mobilize and scour the internet for stats to contradict this one. You know there's about 5 of them pounding their keyboards as you read this.
One questions a list with Lamar at #1. 2-4 Lamar is #1 and Dak is #24?

One would say there's much not different between the playoff performances of the 2 except Dak has crossed 17 points in a playoff loss 3 times while Lamar has crossed it 0 times.

Now Lamars defense isn't as awful

starfan1

Reaction score
dont know about the list but even as a Dak fan i wouldnt have him very high on this list in this scenario. But the list is big question mark in terms of order.

Adreme

Reaction score

Here is why I question this Twitter post. I have seen a similar timeframe done. Down 8 or less with 7 minutes to go and the metric was, what percentage of the time does your team score? It was the graphic that made me realize Mahomes is broken (note that I saw it before last season so it probably has slight changes now). Tom Brady was 2nd all time at a little over 40% of the time scoring. Mahomes was first at around 55% and everyone else of note was in the mid to upper 30s. I remember Lamar being around 35%. So I question a metric that suddenly flips that entire narrative without actually telling me where it is getting its premise from.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
They did use some advanced stats mumbo jumbo to quantify each QB's performance so it's just not just someone's opinion. "*highest EPA/dropback since 2019 in the 4th down 1 score getting the ball back with under 7 minutes"

Whether you want to put any stock in the advanced stats mumbo jumbo is your call.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How about down one score with two minutes left? THAT is a much more telling stat
How about the stat during the GB game when a poster or two says after GB scored 7 right out the gate the game was already lost. That one always cracks me up. Who gave them that 7 points anyway, I forgot.