News: Staubach and Aikman back Dak

Bigdog

Reaction score
The love for Lawrence is easy to understand. He has been a top QB at every level that he has competed in. For Dallas fans, he would be much cheaper with a higher ceiling than Dak. Dak’s salary cap hit would be higher next year than the next four years of Lawrence’s cap hit.
I agree with you on this and if we get a chance to draft him then it is no brainer for me and I like Dak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If those 2 old farts, one removed from the game 20-plus years and the other 45 years, told you dinucci was the IT QB for 2021, you'd believe it?
Bloke, I GUESS YOU FEEL VINDICATED?
YOU FEEL AS IF YOU SLEPT IN A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS?
YOU FEEL LIKE THE SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM BASED ON THOSE 2 SHILLS HAD TO SAY?
$45 MIL FOR AN AWKWARD, AVERAGE QB WHO THROWS BEHIND RECEIVERS AND AT THEIR SHOELACES?
LISTEN TO THE EXPERTS???? LEARN TO THINK FOR YOURSELF, LAD!
Btw: The experts SAY YOU ARE CLUELESS WHEN IT COMES TO THIS AVERAGE QB WHO DEMANDS $45 MIL TO WEAR THE STAR. THINK ABOUT THAT!
Neither one ever said Dinucci was IT. And please show me where Dak “demanded 45 million”

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The love for Lawrence is easy to understand. He has been a top QB at every level that he has competed in. For Dallas fans, he would be much cheaper with a higher ceiling than Dak. Dak’s salary cap hit would be higher next year than the next four years of Lawrence’s cap hit.

Die with the lie right.. If Dak signs a 5 year deal I can all but guarantee you his cap hit will be less than 15 million next year.. Because they will take whatever is signing bonus is and spread it out over the life of the contract. His base salary will be basically 1 million and the cap hit will be that plus 1/5 of the bonus. It has been done a thousand times in the NFL so I really don't get people acting like for Dak's contract it won't be possible all of a sudden. Go look up the cap hits for Wentz, Russ, Goff and Watson in the first year or two of their deals. They were tiny and escalate as they move forward. This was done in anticipation of the cap growing and the new TV deal approaching in 2024 at which point the Cap is expected to jump like 40-50%. And these QBs making 30-40 million a years will be a much smaller chunk of it. Dak's camp was trying to keep his contract under that 2024 wire as well. They wanted to be back on the market that year.. Jerry and the Cowboys wanted to stay out of that bidding war year. Understandably so.. In the end it sounds like they both came to their senses.. Jerry offered a mega salary (reportedly 45-50 million) in year 5 as well as bumping up the guaranteed money significantly, and Dak accepted the 5 year deal. The two just waited too long to come to the table which is why Dak now has a new agent. The agent screwed up that deal by playing hardball with Jerry.. Generally speaking the guy with the 10 billion in assets is going to win any stare down over money. Unless the guy on the other side of the table has 20 billion in assets.. ;-)

garyo1954

Reaction score
If those 2 old farts, one removed from the game 20-plus years and the other 45 years, told you dinucci was the IT QB for 2021, you'd believe it?
Bloke, I GUESS YOU FEEL VINDICATED?
YOU FEEL AS IF YOU SLEPT IN A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS?
YOU FEEL LIKE THE SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM BASED ON THOSE 2 SHILLS HAD TO SAY?
$45 MIL FOR AN AWKWARD, AVERAGE QB WHO THROWS BEHIND RECEIVERS AND AT THEIR SHOELACES?
LISTEN TO THE EXPERTS???? LEARN TO THINK FOR YOURSELF, LAD!
Btw: The experts SAY YOU ARE CLUELESS WHEN IT COMES TO THIS AVERAGE QB WHO DEMANDS $45 MIL TO WEAR THE STAR. THINK ABOUT THAT!

Who you calling old farts?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
like your claims of Dak's greatness this is another claim.
Show me what Dak wants a year.
I won’t be waiting because he never demanded 45 million or even 40 million in fact we have no idea what he “demanded” of anything.

Daillest88

Reaction score
they should.
he's improved warp speed over these last 2 seasons.
has improved every year he's been in the league.
has given us no reason for embarassment off the field.
has given us no reason on the field to NOT re-sign him.
we have our franchise QB.
build around him thru the draft.
ipso-fatso...solved.
Lol and the haters don’t wanna believe it. Don’t get me wrong tho. His cap number is gonna be huge. BUT he’s worth it. If we get a early
Pick with one of the qbs available . I’d fleece them for pics and build rhis defense up.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I won’t be waiting because he never demanded 45 million or even 40 million in fact we have no idea what he “demanded” of anything.
So Dak did not demand $45 mil or $40 mil.
You have great sources, old chap!
How much does hw want? I am waiting while I practice my dance moves,

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Aw guys... Gimme is my friend! Now I have to protect him like a feral mother who likes her other children more!

Sorry Gimme. I'm feral.
I said that more for the joke than to bust his balls.......I think I saw something he wrote that made sense.........once. :muttley:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Troy is probably right, it's something you develop over time through practice. But I never understood that criticism. Of the things you could criticize Dak for, I never noticed an accuracy issue. That is unless you're looking for perfection, Dak's accuracy never stood out as anything noticeably bad.

There have been certain routes he has struggled with at different points (same as many quarterbacks), but most of the time he's gotten better on them over time.

Johnny23

Reaction score
It's not so much the hate for Dak it's the man love for the next Carson Wince, Trevor Lawrence that is so puzzling.
Now who is hating? Let Sunshine, Jr. start his career before dooming him to failure or misfortune.