News: Staubach and Aikman back Dak

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Out of all the problems with the team Dak is way, way down on the list. I don't understand the hate for him.

Its pretty simple actually. Most of them started out as Romo lovers that were so upset he didnt get his job back that they turned on Dak. They have never forgiven Dak for legitimately kicking Romo into retirement. From that point on they have used every ridiculous excuse why they think Dak doesnt cut it. Of course they have all been proven dead wrong multiple times over. Its sooo bad for them now that they will do anything to see him gone so they dont have to live with the shame.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Its pretty simple actually. Most of them started out as Romo lovers that were so upset he didnt get his job back that they turned on Dak. They have never forgiven Dak for legitimately kicking Romo into retirement. From that point on they have used every ridiculous excuse why they think Dak doesnt cut it. Of course they have all been proven dead wrong multiple times over. Its sooo bad for them now that they will do anything to see him gone so they dont have to live with the shame.

Its crazy too, why is it so far fetched to see Romo had given everything for the team....why in the world any Cowboys fan didn't realize the next time you could see him carted off and not walk again. At some point I'm glad he listened to his wife and family and hung them up....he gave up alot to a GM that couldn't get him the right coach, there was no need to see him paralysed to prove anything..Number 9 did his job too bad this GM wasted him on Garrett

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Its crazy too, why is it so far fetched to see Romo had given everything for the team....why in the world any Cowboys fan didn't realize the next time you could see him carted off and not walk again. At some point I'm glad he listened to his wife and family and hung them up....he gave up alot to a GM that couldn't get him the right coach, there was no need to see him paralysed to prove anything..Number 9 did his job too bad this GM wasted him on Garrett

I liked Romo and like Dak. Both great QB's whos careers thus far have been spoiled by a horrible GM and terrible coaching.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I liked Romo and like Dak. Both great QB's whos careers thus far have been spoiled by a horrible GM and terrible coaching.

Both guys are easy to like.. Good dudes, great players. Mind you I hated Romo after the dropped FG attempt. I felt like it was a curse he would spend the rest of his career trying to live down. Which he kinda did. It was always something .. the back injuries.. the once a year visit from Mr. 3-4 INT game. EVen what should have been his shining moment in Green Bay we often forget that he had a receiver, Street? wide open for an easy first down but he went for it all with the throw to Dez. And it was a dime.. but the smarter play with Aaron Rodgers on the other sideline would have been to move the chains, and keep the ball. Green Bay hadn't really stopped DeMarco all day so we were GOING to score a TD.. The only question was how much time we were gonna leave. My preference would have been none. But that was Romo.. he couldn't help himself in that moment.. Once a gunslinger right.. All that said.. no one will ever convince me that he would not have been the better man to pilot the 2016 team in the playoffs. Not that Dak wasn't great, because he was, but I think the veteran would always be the way to go in the playoffs. Maybe with Romo they never dig the big hole.. or maybe they do dig the hole but when they come back they leave Rodgers no time, having learned from 2014 how great that dude is late in games. Maybe Romo doesn't get caught up in the excitement after Zeke's big run and doesn't throw the silly interception on first down right after. I think Garrett and Co blew it by not at least starting Romo the last two games to see what if anything he had left. If he played like crap the decision is easy. If he got hurt, the decision is easy.. If he balls out you start him in the playoffs. The only way to screw it up would be to never see if Romo could still play and play at an even higher level than Dak was that year. Which of course is exactly what Garrett did..

FVSTONE

Reaction score
If they were the GM's they would...I'm pretty sure thats what they are saying.....which makes me worried for some of the people on this forum as per your objection to it, you must be on the hook for a portion of paying for it.
I am, you should see all my Cowboy Gear!!!!!!!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Both guys are easy to like.. Good dudes, great players. Mind you I hated Romo after the dropped FG attempt. I felt like it was a curse he would spend the rest of his career trying to live down. Which he kinda did. It was always something .. the back injuries.. the once a year visit from Mr. 3-4 INT game. EVen what should have been his shining moment in Green Bay we often forget that he had a receiver, Street? wide open for an easy first down but he went for it all with the throw to Dez. And it was a dime.. but the smarter play with Aaron Rodgers on the other sideline would have been to move the chains, and keep the ball. Green Bay hadn't really stopped DeMarco all day so we were GOING to score a TD.. The only question was how much time we were gonna leave. My preference would have been none. But that was Romo.. he couldn't help himself in that moment.. Once a gunslinger right.. All that said.. no one will ever convince me that he would not have been the better man to pilot the 2016 team in the playoffs. Not that Dak wasn't great, because he was, but I think the veteran would always be the way to go in the playoffs. Maybe with Romo they never dig the big hole.. or maybe they do dig the hole but when they come back they leave Rodgers no time, having learned from 2014 how great that dude is late in games. Maybe Romo doesn't get caught up in the excitement after Zeke's big run and doesn't throw the silly interception on first down right after. I think Garrett and Co blew it by not at least starting Romo the last two games to see what if anything he had left. If he played like crap the decision is easy. If he got hurt, the decision is easy.. If he balls out you start him in the playoffs. The only way to screw it up would be to never see if Romo could still play and play at an even higher level than Dak was that year. Which of course is exactly what Garrett did..

We will never know.....I don't think we will ever hear the truth on how his health was either....But Jerry loved him, its hard for me to believe if he thought he wasn't in danger Romo would have been on the field.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We will never know.....I don't think we will ever hear the truth on how his health was either....But Jerry loved him, its hard for me to believe if he thought he wasn't in danger Romo would have been on the field.

Romo kinda screwed himself with the whole concession speech nonsense. Frankly it was a loser move IMHO. A competitor should want to fight for his position. If he felt he was the better player he should have said "I'll be ready whenever the coaches call on me.." Not, "Dak's playing well I'm gonna fade into the background now." Basically it says the same thing but conveys a completely different message. In Romo's last full season he was playing at a level that Dak only just now got to this year. He was probably still better than Dak in 2016 and should have been given the opportunity to show it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Romo kinda screwed himself with the whole concession speech nonsense. Frankly it was a loser move IMHO. A competitor should want to fight for his position. If he felt he was the better player he should have said "I'll be ready whenever the coaches call on me.." Not, "Dak's playing well I'm gonna fade into the background now." Basically it says the same thing but conveys a completely different message. In Romo's last full season he was playing at a level that Dak only just now got to this year. He was probably still better than Dak in 2016 and should have been given the opportunity to show it.

I agree it was strange and thats why i question how scared the FO was about reinjury..they were pretty close with Romo and his family, it just seemd like something else was there...like they promised him they wouldn't say anything in case he didn't hang them up at the end of the season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw his concession speech as his decision to retire, not a "loser move". They'd already stated outright that there would be no competition for the starting position, IIRC, so fighting for his job when they wouldn't allow him to would be futile, and would only serve to drive a wedge through the team. I believe a big part of the reason he did that was to publicly show support for Dak and the rest of the team, which I find to be as gracious and team loyal as one can get.