Staubach: There’s accuracy issues but Dak’s gonna continue to be a great quarterback **merged**

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
He was definitely the backup in 2005... didn’t they only have 2 QBs on the roster for the season? 2003 he was not active for any games and 2004 I believe it was either never clear or always changing who was the backup between him and Henson.

They had Drew Henson on the roster too but i think you may be right and he was the backup for at least most of 2005 and 2006 before he got his 1st start

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Romo did not sit because he wasn’t good enough, he sat because he played under an old school coach who would rather shoot himself than not play one of his veterans. By your brain dead logic, if two QBs hadn’t got hurt in the preseason then Dak to this day might not even be good enough to play in the NFL when we know that is false.

Dak has a far lower ceiling than Romo did, and has an even lower potential. You’re running out of time with your lame “sitting and learning” excuse now that Dak has 3 full seasons under his belt. Try another excuse, crybaby troll.
Dak reached romos ceiling his rookie year at 23.

Dak is far more talented than romo even romo would admit that.

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Our current starting QB only goes as far as Zeke can continue to carry him. Everybody should realize that. The last piece to the Cowboys puzzle is to bring in an NFL tier 1 QB (field general) to get us to the big dance.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Our current starting QB only goes as far as Zeke can continue to carry him. Everybody should realize that. The last piece to the Cowboys puzzle is to bring in an NFL tier 1 QB (field general) to get us to the big dance.
Dak has a winning record when zeke is out.

4-3 or 5-3 I believe

7TDs 3INT

90+ passer rating

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I think Dak could have benefited from sitting behind Romo for a year or two. It didn't happen though and right now I'm ok with where Dak is in his development. I think that week 17 was a huge boost to his confidence and he will carry that over to this year.

Well I hope you right. Nothing to do now but be optimistic about his off season development and that 2019 is a blank slate

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, if you include his rookie season where he attempted 3 passes and the 2008 season
where he suffered a season ending knee injury in the first half of the season opener in KC,
he averages 27 tds a year. Otherwise, it's 30 tds a year in 17 seasons.

He's had 12 seasons with 28 or more tds.

If we can gerrymander stats then I can make Dek look like one of the best QBs ever.

RoboQB

Reaction score
If we can gerrymander stats then I can make Dek look like one of the best QBs ever.

Who's Dek?

So, do we count the 3 years Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench?
How 'bout Staubach's 4 years of service as well. I mean, hey, he was on the roster.
Seems a bit ridiculous to not take note of years in which they weren't on the field.
I believe you're the one gerrymandering stats. But no worries. I'm sure on of us
thinks you're right... lol.