Twitter: Steele to be swing tackle this year

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Treated like a 40 year old being left on an island? Silly trailer trash. Don't forget to put your name on the oj lil Matty
LOL trailer trash. Nice random insult.

I will repeat: Peters played in 10 games, started in 1. He was slowly being worked into the lineup. He was pretty much being used situationally. This is very different than being plopped in as a starter after missing most the season with an injury and being moved to a position you haven't played at in years.

Learn. The. Difference.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Pay attention to what's NOT being said people...........notice Eatman quoted Jerry didn't rule out addressing it "from within". This tells me as clear as day, our starting LG is likely NOT on the roster yet. In fact, I think it's safe to 26 or 58 will be Oline unless a top 15 falls in their lap....IMO

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Clarence Hill translating Jerry Jones is equivalent to kindergartners playing the telephone game.

I want to hear Jerry’s words myself before jumping to conclusions.

vlad

Reaction score
Clarence Hill translating Jerry Jones is equivalent to kindergartners playing the telephone game.

I want to hear Jerry’s words myself before jumping to conclusions.
You clearly haven’t heard kindergarteners in China playing the telephone game- by the end the last kid reminds you of stuff you forgot to say

starfan1

Reaction score
LOL.

Tyron is better. Ride him until he gets hurt then Steele slides in.
I understand everyone has differing views but the fact of the matter is Steele is the best run blocker on the line not name Martin . Tyron can’t stay on the line he’s a has been . I appreciate what he’s done for us but his replacement has been drafted. Tyler wasn’t drafted because of Steele .

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Nah. Healthy Tyron is still a better player
Agreed that Tyron is better, BUT:

This is probably his last year, maybe 2 more, but we need to find out if Steele is going to be the RT after that, if so we're set there, but if not, we can draft another one, let him learn behind Tyron for a year or two.

Besides, Tyron WILL get hurt and miss games this year, and the next, and the next (if he doesn't somehow retire by then), then you've got to put in Steele who hasn't gotten to play because of the injury, so he's farther behind in his development.

Tyron needs to be the swing tackle....

ESisback

Reaction score
Start the year…
Tyler, Avila, Badass, Martin, Tyron (once Tyron gets injured, Steele)

OR…

Tyron, Tyler, Badass, Martin, Steele

What would you choose?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Pay attention to what's NOT being said people...........notice Eatman quoted Jerry didn't rule out addressing it "from within". This tells me as clear as day, our starting LG is likely NOT on the roster yet. In fact, I think it's safe to 26 or 58 will be Oline unless a top 15 falls in their lap....IMO
I agree that if this is the plan, then we're going to draft guard earlier than I thought. I figured it would be the third or fourth round because the plan was to start Tyron, Tyler, Biadasz, Martin and Steele. We still needed to draft a guard because Tyron can't stay healthy for a season, but first or second needed to be used on someone we planned to play a lot this year (and that wouldn't have been the plan).

However, if what Jerry says is true, then getting an immediate starter becomes necessary, so we need to use a first- or second-round pick.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I agree that if this is the plan, then we're going to draft guard earlier than I thought. I figured it would be the third or fourth round because the plan was to start Tyron, Tyler, Biadasz, Martin and Steele. We still needed to draft a guard because Tyron can't stay healthy for a season, but first or second needed to be used on someone we planned to play a lot this year (and that wouldn't have been the plan).

However, if what Jerry says is true, then getting an immediate starter becomes necessary, so we need to use a first- or second-round pick.
You have to plan for only a half-season or less from Tyron. The fact they have not signed a starting-level FA, tells me they feel pretty good about getting one in the draft........this is why I'm guessing 26 or 58.

BTW........we know how they like their Oline players flexing. My guess is they would target a G who can also play center.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You have to plan for only a half-season or less from Tyron. The fact they have not signed a starting-level FA, tells me they feel pretty good about getting one in the draft........this is why I'm guessing 26 or 58.

BTW........we know how they like their Oline players flexing. My guess is they would target a G who can also play center.
True. But if Tyron, Tyler and Steele were the planned starters, I know right now I need a starting NT and I might need a starting RB considering that ours is hurt and his backup is a bargain signing. Guard was either third or fourth on my list depending on how you feel about tight end. If Steele is viewed as a swing tackle with Tyron and Tyler starting at tackle, then guard rises to the top of the needs list.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
True. But if Tyron, Tyler and Steele were the planned starters, I know right now I need a starting NT and I might need a starting RB considering that ours is hurt and his backup is a bargain signing. Guard was either third or fourth on my list depending on how you feel about tight end. If Steele is viewed as a swing tackle with Tyron and Tyler starting at tackle, then guard rises to the top of the needs list.
Who's your starting LG?

gimmesix

Reaction score
Who's your starting LG?
It was Tyler, with Tyron and Steele at the tackles. Then, when Tyron got hurt, Tyler would move out to LT and whoever is the best among Farniok, Edoga and a third- or fourth-round rookie would step in at LG. Starting NT and two-man rotation running back to me superseded the need at guard in that scenario.