Twitter: Steele told he will remain starter at RT

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Starting this backup quality player over Collins going forward is insane.

That’s a little harsh isn’t it? The guy has shown that can play tackle in this league. As a matter of fact he has shown he can start. Maybe not long term for the Dallas Cowboys but I would imagine that he’s playing grades this year is at least middle of the pack. Which means he could start for half the teams in the league.

It’s not the first time an undrafted lineman has shined. As a matter of fact there are a few HOF worthy.

quickccc

Reaction score
The only way this makes sense is if Collin's conditioning is not there yet.

Or as a few on the media side have already suggested ... Cowboys are going this because they think Cowboys are made at Collins.

Doing this to make a statement and point with him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So much for that competition thing, eh?

Who knows, it may just be a one week thing. I doubt the Cowboys promised Steele anything long term.

It has also crossed my mind that the Cowboys could use the situation as a way to slide Collins back to LG. That may be a bigger concern than Steele at RT.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score

1.Collins let the team down. 2. He hasn't played much in the last year. 3. No guarantee that he plays at the same level as before

fivetwos

Reaction score

As I try to figure out where I stand on this, I realize I actually now trust the staff.

Having Collins and McGovern as OL depth is a beautiful thing, and I'd wager we need them both before it's over.

One thing.....I would think this causes Farinok to not dress, and he was probably the best snapper of all the potential backups. Something to keep an eye on maybe.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Don't agree with you often, but I do on this one.....unless they are going to move him to LG

fivetwos

Reaction score
That means Collins playing Guard soon or getting traded.

Both could be a huge positive.
I figure that Collins actually does have a trade value, but probably not as high as a third....and only a contending team would do it so it'll be at the bottom of the round.

I'd rather have the insurance against an injury bug than draft more mid round DBs that can't get on the field.

You don't agree?

RonWashington

Reaction score

Could have fooled me. Steele has “ competed his fingers to the bone “ helping Dallas offense while Collins has now missed the better part of a yr and and a half ….hard to “ compete “ when your either hurt or suspended. Collins might be filling in for 52 soon .

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I figure that Collins actually does have a trade value, but probably not as high as a third....and only a contending team would do it so it'll be at the bottom of the round.

I'd rather have the insurance against an injury bug than draft more mid round DBs that can't get on the field.

You don't agree?

Oh you don’t trade him for anything less than a first.

Teams are desperate for quality offensive lineman. Especially a Tackle. You can’t find them. The Giants would do back flips to have La’el Collins.

He’s getting a big haul if he is moved. For either a stud on a rookie deal or a 1.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Oh you don’t trade him for anything less than a first.

Teams are desperate for quality offensive lineman. Especially a Tackle. You can’t find them. The Giants would do back flips to have La’el Collins.

He’s getting a big haul if he is moved. For either a stud on a rookie deal or a 1.

No one is trading a # 1 for Tyrone Smith let alone Collins . The over inflated value people have of these beloved Cowboys.