Twitter: Steele told he will remain starter at RT

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No one is trading a # 1 for Tyrone Smith let alone Collins . The over inflated value people have of these beloved Cowboys.

Then he isn’t leaving.

It’s not a over inflated price. If he was a Stud Left Tackle he’d get multiple first rounders plus probably other compensation.

Tyron Smith doesn’t have value because of age and wear and tear. Dallas would never part with him anyways.

La’el Collins has 4 seasons at least left in him and teams are desperate for lineman.

So it’s a situation of pay up or not get him. Dallas would laugh and hang up the phone if someone offered a 3rd unless the guy had become so toxic that they just have to get him away from the team at all costs.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
The only way this makes sense is if Collin's conditioning is not there yet.

It makes sense to me because Steele has shown he's up for the job, and we know Connor Williams is a FA and has the most penalties, so La'el will be our new LG next year and will replace Connor THIS year if Connor doesn't get it together.

Beaker42

Reaction score
No, it’s not - he started against the Bucs. He ***** up by allowing his agent to buck the 2-game suspension.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Collins has now missed the better part of 18 months of action. I say keep him around this year to go for the Schlitz gusto why trade him this yr. Again no one is calling Dallas and handing over # 1 picks for this guy . Not even the Jets who surrender draft picks for old bus driving back up QB’s

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The OL has been together for 5 games. All wins. You don't mess with that.

Eh, we’ll see how long it lasts. You don’t bench La’el Collins for “continuity” reasons or whatever.

Something else is at play.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Eh, we’ll see how long it lasts. You don’t bench La’el Collins for “continuity” reasons or whatever.

Passive-aggressive disciplining.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Wasn't it Collins who ultimately benched himself? Even if he is better than Steele, and I don't think he is at this point in his career, Collins became unavailable to the team because of willful ignorance. You can't depend on that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wasn't it Collins who ultimately benched himself? Even if he is better than Steele, and I don't think he is at this point in his career, Collins became unavailable to the team because of willful ignorance. You can't depend on that.

He looked great in week 1.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Could very well be.

I think what makes the most sense is he is going to guard.

It makes the entire unit better.
I'll welcome seeing how it goes, should such a thing happen.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Oh you don’t trade him for anything less than a first.

Teams are desperate for quality offensive lineman. Especially a Tackle. You can’t find them. The Giants would do back flips to have La’el Collins.

He’s getting a big haul if he is moved. For either a stud on a rookie deal or a 1.
I'll personally drive him to the airport for a first.

Can't see it but I suppose dumber trades have been made in the past.

I think I'd do it for a second actually.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'll personally drive him to the airport for a first.

Can't see it but I suppose dumber trades have been made in the past.

I think I'd do it for a second actually.

Unless he is just a toxic guy for the franchise I’d rather keep him then trade him for anything less than a 1 or a pro bowl level guy on a rookie deal.

He’s cheap and a way above average player.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is likely more about La'el having played incredibly little over the past year and a half than about sending a message.

That's what I'm thinking as well. It's more about Collins probably not being the player he was than anything else.