Twitter: Steele told he will remain starter at RT

reddyuta

Reaction score
i am a very few who think this can so sideways quick,Collins is a way better player than Steele .

AKATheRake

Reaction score
The team has 0% win percentage with Collins this year and a 100% win percentage with Steele.

No surprise they are sticking with Steele, the math proves it.

/s

I think its a wake up call to Collins and waiting for Steele to slip up before potentially starting Collins again

Laél Collins started 11 games his rookie year in 2015 at LG and our record for the season was 4-12.

I still like that we're going to make him compete at LG. We may also be ready to trade him for something since the trade deadline is November 2 and we play on the 31st.

Both possibilities are good for us I believe.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
So D-LAW, Gallimore, & Gallup should sit?

Hell naw...I want to see what they can make this defense into. I'm excited for D-Law to play for the first time in a long time. If they stink it up, then yeah, sit them. But at least they were dealing with injuries and not suspensions.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Plugging La'el Collins at Left Guard would be much better for this Offense.

La'el is definitely stronger, more athletic and more aggressive than Connor Williams, plus La'el is known for being a mauler. Let's not forget how well he played Guard his rookie year (2015).

2 years ago, ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** made an excellent effort explaining on tape why La'el Collins needed to move back from Right Tackle to Left Guard. Watch this video. Go to the 1:30 minute mark and watch from there. Enjoy!

After watching this tape, who here still wants to keep La'el at Right Tackle? Not me. He's a better Left Guard. He's a mauling beast who is playing out of position but needs to be starting back where he truly belongs at Left Guard!

Cowboys, you need to bench Connor Williams and instead start La'el Collins at Left Guard.

The starting Oline (Left to Right) should be:

Tyron Smith
La'el Collins
Tyler Biadasz
Zack Martin
Terence Steele

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So much for that competition thing, eh?

Starting this backup quality player over Collins going forward is insane.
Jimmy benched Mike Irvin for a half after Jimmy told the pilot to take off as Mike was running to the plane after showing up late. Mike had to buy a ticket and get himself to the game.

Jimmy literally never made a bad decision as the Cowboys HC.

If Mike Irvin can get benched for half a game then who cares about La^el Collins...As an NFL player La'el does not even qualify to carry Mike Irvin's jock to the laundry room...

2021 Cowboys Record
With Steele 5-0
With La'el 0-1

quickccc

Reaction score
Jimmy benched Mike Irvin for a half after Jimmy told the pilot to take off as Mike was running to the plane after showing up late. Mike had to buy a ticket and get himself to the game.

Jimmy literally never made a bad decision as the Cowboys HC.

If Mike Irvin can get benched for half a game then who cares about La^el Collins...As an NFL player La'el does not even qualify to carry Mike Irvin's jock to the laundry room...

2021 Cowboys Record
With Steele 5-0
With La'el 0-1

i believe i heard Jimmy benched Irvin for one series ..not a half. (vs Detroit Lions)
That much was told by Troy Aikman during one of the " America's Game " segments

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
nothing in any statements said "Going forward" just this one game..
What message does it send to players like Steele that have worked hard, stayed out of trouble and stepped up to the task of a starting role only to be replaced when a suspended "Collins", in this case, is eligible to return?
Having said that, either Steele has to fail or Collins has to re-establish himself and prove that he is superior, and Collins could be starting again by the 2nd half sunday night.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i believe i heard Jimmy benched Irvin for one series ..not a half. (vs Detroit Lions)
That much was told by Troy Aikman during one of the " America's Game " segments
Mike Irvin being benched for 1 snap is more significant than benching La'el for a season.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Because he's an infinitely better player than Terence Steele.
Talent or dedication to the franchise.
Most would side on talent alone, but good coaching and front office have to weigh both sides.

quickccc

Reaction score
Mike Irvin being benched for 1 snap is more significant than benching La'el for a season.

What's the connection ?

Jimmie also wanted to send a message that he can be tough on even his star players, but as Aikman said in that segment, Jimmie also knew what players can help him win, so Irving only missed one series and he was back in.

So are we toying with Collins and benching him because we want to send a message alert to him ?