Steeler fans here in pittsburgh hate...

juck

Reaction score
the Cowboys worse then any other team.Besides the field we will have to deal with a crowd with more hatred for us then Philly.Last time Cowboys played here I was just baffled by the hatred,i think I was 1 of maybe 100 fans,lol.philly is bad but not like these people.we win this, this team has taken the next step.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
The last time we played Pittsburgh it was in Dallas and regretfully their fans took over Texas Stadium.

We should have beaten them that year, but we had the fluke play with Ritchie Andersen knocking the ball out of Vinny Testeverde's hand with his helmet.

Im 30, so I really never experienced the rivalry games in the 70s outside of NFL Films, so it is hard for me to work up hate for the Steelers.

Also, I love how they run their 3-4 Defense and I like quite a few of their players on Defense.

Boysboy

Reaction score
juckie;2456239 said:
the Cowboys worse then any other team.Besides the field we will have to deal with a crowd with more hatred for us then Philly.Last time Cowboys played here I was just baffled by the hatred,i think I was 1 of maybe 100 fans,lol.philly is bad but not like these people.we win this, this team has taken the next step.

You mean Steelers fans hate the Cowboys MORE than they hate the Ravens and Eagles?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2456249 said:
The last time we played Pittsburgh it was in Dallas and regretfully their fans took over Texas Stadium.

We should have beaten them that year, but we had the fluke play with Ritchie Andersen knocking the ball out of Vinny Testeverde's hand with his helmet.

Im 30, so I really never experienced the rivalry games in the 70s outside of NFL Films, so it is hard for me to work up hate for the Steelers.

Also, I love how they run their 3-4 Defense and I like quite a few of their players on Defense.

And Keyshawn was wide open for a game-ending first down if it weren't for that fluke play.

It was also by far our best defensive effort, especially by our pass rush all year. Despite playing with a patchwork secondary, this team just came out with so much fire and heart. It seemed like this loss just deflated them for the remainder of the year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Personally I find that fact (if it's true) to be really stupid. They should hate the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens more than any other team. It is as stupid as Cowboys fans hating any team more than the Commanders, Eagles, or Giants. Some people just don't get the game at all.

Embrace the hate though.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Boysboy;2456266 said:
And Keyshawn was wide open for a game-ending first down if it weren't for that fluke play.

It was also by far our best defensive effort, especially by our pass rush all year. Despite playing with a patchwork secondary, this team just came out with so much fire and heart. It seemed like this loss just deflated them for the remainder of the year.

Yeah, I got that game on DVD I think, I may go back and watch some of it.

Man, the Cowboys were absolutely horrible that year.

The Panch

Reaction score
Every team hates the Cowboys worse than any other team. Even teams that have no historic rivalry with us and only play us once every 4 years hate us more than any other team. We're the Boys. We turn heads.

Hoov

Reaction score
juckie;2456239 said:
Uh Oh, i didnt know that. Im going to the game with my 2 younger brothers who are both steelers fans and we have seats pretty high up, and will most likely have had quite a few beers while tailgating.....Lets get ready to Rumble!!!!!!!!!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I have to disagree. I think the Cowboys probably have the most enemies but I don't think every team hates the Cowboys more than their own rivals.

I know this is definately not the case for say Green Bay/Chicago and also, I know just about every team in the AFC East absolutely and positively hate the guts of the New England Patriots, especially the Miami Dolphins.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2456295 said:
I have to disagree. I think the Cowboys probably have the most enemies but I don't think every team hates the Cowboys more than their own rivals.

I know this is definately not the case for say Green Bay/Chicago and also, I know just about every team in the AFC East absolutely and positively hate the guts of the New England Patriots, especially the Miami Dolphins.

Jets fans don't hate us, or even care for us b/c they're too busy hating the Pats and their inner-town Giants.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
I watched Lynn Swann and Bradshaw et al. back in the day and I can tell you that I hate them (Pittsburgh) too.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Boysboy;2456303 said:
Jets fans don't hate us, or even care for us b/c they're too busy hating the Pats and their inner-town Giants.

Im pretty sure that is what I said.

Reaction score
Dallas is the most hated team in the NFL, you guys should know that by now... America's team is loved by many and also despised by just as many.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I hate GB, Pitts, 49s as much as the rest of the East.

We hates them.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
juckie;2456239 said:

If you're referring to the 1997 game against the Steelers in Pittsburgh, I remember that game well. Deion had some sort of neck injury and it was feared that it was serious (he was motionless for a minute), and the Steel town crowd cheered.

Irvin stood up for him after the game, and ripped the Steeler fans on national tv. It was classic!

We won that game by the way.

Pukindog

Reaction score
Hostile;2456271 said:
It is as stupid as Cowboys fans hating any team more than the Commanders, Eagles, or Giants. Some people just don't get the game at all.

I have a disdain for the Steelers that isn't matched by any other teams, although the ones stated above are a close second.

The reasons are Super Bowls 10 and 13.

And, by the way, I do "get the game" and the spirit of it all. ;)

rangers71

Reaction score
:hammer:
Pukindog;2456354 said:
I have a disdain for the Steelers that isn't matched by any other teams, although the ones stated above are a close second.

The reasons are Super Bowls 10 and 13.

And, by the way, I do "get the game" and the spirit of it all. ;)

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
*yawn*, another team's fans "hate the cow(girls, pies, patties, turds, -insert witty cattle comparison here-, etc.)".

And to piggyback what Hos said: shouldn't the Steelers "hate" the ravens and browns more?