Steeler fans here in pittsburgh hate...

robjgrif

Reaction score
The Panch;2456276 said:
Every team hates the Cowboys worse than any other team. Even teams that have no historic rivalry with us and only play us once every 4 years hate us more than any other team. We're the Boys. We turn heads.

This is the truth! Having lived all over the country, I have seen this first hand.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Panch;2456276 said:
Every team hates the Cowboys worse than any other team. Even teams that have no historic rivalry with us and only play us once every 4 years hate us more than any other team. We're the Boys. We turn heads.
We are.....America's Team.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Pukindog;2456354 said:
I have a disdain for the Steelers that isn't matched by any other teams, although the ones stated above are a close second.

The reasons are Super Bowls 10 and 13.

And, by the way, I do "get the game" and the spirit of it all. ;)

You got that right. Never forgiven them. Haven't forgiven GB for 66 and 67 either.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Hostile;2456271 said:
Personally I find that fact (if it's true) to be really stupid. They should hate the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens more than any other team. It is as stupid as Cowboys fans hating any team more than the Commanders, Eagles, or Giants. Some people just don't get the game at all.

Embrace the hate though.

:lmao2: ............................ the best icing ever.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
I would say this isn't true in the least bit. The Cowboys are still greatly disliked by Pittsburgh fans but they are certainly not our most hated team. Just about all Steelers fans will agree that the hatred is much more intense for the Browns, Ravens, Patriots, and even the Bungles.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2456673 said:
I would say this isn't true in the least bit. The Cowboys are still greatly disliked by Pittsburgh fans but they are certainly not our most hated team. Just about all Steelers fans will agree that the hatred is much more intense for the Browns, Ravens, Patriots, and even the Bungles.
yeah, living here in PA and visiting Pitt many times, I don't see the Cowboys hated any more by the Steeler fans then the aboved mention teams.

Boysboy

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2456673 said:

One of my cousins in Cleveland used to drive down to Pitt once a year to see the Browns play the Steelers. This was 20 some years ago, but yeah, when both teams are GOOD, that rivalry was something too.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2456328 said:
Dallas is the most hated team in the NFL, you guys should know that by now... America's team is loved by many and also despised by just as many.

I think the Patriots own that one...I mean come on dudes were selling Bernard Pollard fan club t-shirts.

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2456486 said:
We are.....America's Team.

I don't think we hate the team more than our closer rivals but a lot of us hate the hyper egotistical claim that the Cowboys are "America's team" so there is that aspect of it.

America generally doesn't like braggarts and the Cowboy fans, and their owner as well as few choice players through the years have worn that claim out. The hole in the dome so God can watch etc. etc.
It gets kind of old after a while.

America, if it were to pick a team, wouldn't go with bling bling, they would probably pick a Favre era GreenBay over the current Cowboys....
I don't know, maybe Landry era Cowboys deserved a shot at that title but any team that claims it disqualifies itself by doing so....so, no, you guys suck! Lol! :D

(although you managed to neuter TO's ego a bit so I guess you deserve some props for being big enough to put him in perspective.)

Patriots are worthy of the big hate though. Belicheat should resign.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
KC and Oakland are very bitter rivals and ranks up there as one of the best

I always though Steelers and Browns were hated enemies.

The Cowboy/Commander rivalry is really more one sided since Washington hates everything Dallas and many fans are consumed by the hatred.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2456744 said:
I don't think we hate the team more than our closer rivals but a lot of us hate the hyper egotistical claim that the Cowboys are "America's team" so there is that aspect of it.

America generally doesn't like braggarts and the Cowboy fans, and their owner as well as few choice players through the years have worn that claim out. The hole in the dome so God can watch etc. etc.

America, if it were to pick a team, wouldn't go with bling bling, they would probably pick a Favre era GreenBay over the current Cowboys....
I don't know, maybe Landry era Cowboys deserved a shot at that title but any team that claims it disqualifies itself by doing so....so, no, you guys suck! Lol! :D

(although you managed to neuter TO's ego a bit so I guess you deserve some props for being big enough to put him in perspective.)

Just curious-what do you and other Steelers fans think of your cross-state rivals Eagles? Some of us here, including myself, hate them more than the Skins largely b/c of their fans and big mouth McNabb.

rexrobinson

Reaction score

You speak on behalf of America?

StylisticS

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2456295 said:
I have to disagree. I think the Cowboys probably have the most enemies but I don't think every team hates the Cowboys more than their own rivals.

I know this is definately not the case for say Green Bay/Chicago and also, I know just about every team in the AFC East absolutely and positively hate the guts of the New England Patriots, especially the Miami Dolphins.

The message board Bears fans really hate us. But there are fans of teams that really hate the Cowboys and they are not even in our conference much less division. Saints fans really hate us for some reason.:laugh2:

But personally, I'm only 25 so I can't hate the Steelers like that even if I tried. I did not grow up in the era of the great Steeler-Cowboys matchups. I think Steeler fans my age probably have the same feeling towards the Cowboys.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score

we know people hate the "America'sTeam" thing, but TV Ratings and Merchandise sales bear it out and remember that was NFL films that give us that title.

Boysboy

Reaction score
rexrobinson;2456755 said:
KC and Oakland are very bitter rivals and ranks up there as one of the best

I always though Steelers and Browns were hated enemies.

The Cowboy/Commander rivalry is really more one sided since Washington hates everything Dallas and many fans are consumed by the hatred.

When Marty coached the Chiefs, they OWNED the Raiders-his record against them was near-perfect. The year after he stepped down, the Raiders under Gruden effectively played spoiler and knocked the Chiefs out of the playoffs in wk17. Gruden was dancing all over the field and Al Davis was all smiles.

juck

Reaction score
Boysboy;2456261 said:
You mean Steelers fans hate the Cowboys MORE than they hate the Ravens and Eagles?

Ravens are close,but They hate hate the cowboys from the heydey,i think.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Boysboy;2456761 said:
Just curious-what do you and other Steelers fans think of your cross-state rivals Eagles? Some of us here, including myself, hate them more than the Skins largely b/c of their fans and big mouth McNabb.

It's not much of a rivalry at all. The hockey rivalry is much more heated than the football rivalry. I think there is a slight dislike for each other but certainly nothing extreme.

juck

Reaction score
Hostile;2456271 said:
Personally I find that fact (if it's true) to be really stupid. They should hate the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens more than any other team. It is as stupid as Cowboys fans hating any team more than the Commanders, Eagles, or Giants. Some people just don't get the game at all.

Embrace the hate though.

Its true dude trust me.36 years here.A cowboys fan since the 1978 SB.U remember that one im sure.Staubach.;)

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
juckie;2456794 said:
Ravens are close,but They hate hate the cowboys from the heydey,i think.

That's just not true. Really, Steelers fans have a deeper hatred of the Browns, Ravens, Patriots, and Bungles. The Cowboys are certainly disliked in Pittsburgh but they are not even considered much of a rival at this point. Many older Steelers fans have a distant distaste for the Cowboys that has been passed on to the younger generations but as a whole it's just fairly mild now-a-days.

juck

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2456351 said:
If you're referring to the 1997 game against the Steelers in Pittsburgh, I remember that game well. Deion had some sort of neck injury and it was feared that it was serious (he was motionless for a minute), and the Steel town crowd cheered.

Irvin stood up for him after the game, and ripped the Steeler fans on national tv. It was classic!

We won that game by the way.
yes i was there.