Steelers biggest weakness...

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
their weakness is their O-Line. i would blitz the crap out of them and play plenty of press coverage. Ware will have a field day!

khiladi

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2459291 said:
Again, however, who blocks Harrison and Woodley all game long? If you leave the edges covered only with a tacke Romo will be under distress all game long.

I am not concerned when Dallas faces them straight-up. What concerns me is the exotic blitzing that the Steelers do. Our lineman don't seem to be the smartest tools in the shed, so we may have times where line-backers come through unblocked.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2459423 said:
I am not concerned when Dallas faces them straight-up. What concerns me is the exotic blitzing that the Steelers do. Our lineman don't seem to be the smartest tools in the shed, so we may have times where line-backers come through unblocked.

IDK i think that's not going to be a problem with Proctor not in the line up he could handle a stunt....

bigE79

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2459387 said:
The real question is, how do we beat the unbeaten, incomparable Steelers?

Because from reading what their fans post, they must be 12-0, right?
There front 7 is good but on the small side,their biggest linemen is 325 and i would just pound on them all game imo:star:

bigE79

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2459407 said:
their weakness is their O-Line. i would blitz the crap out of them and play plenty of press coverage. Ware will have a field day!
Great point,nobody seems to be talking about that but to me this is where we have a big advantage...:star:

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Again, however, who blocks Harrison and Woodley all game long? If you leave the edges covered only with a tacke Romo will be under distress all game long.

Romo can scramble out of that and make Pitt pay. There is no better QB in the NFL at scrambling away from the rush, while still keeping his eyes downfiled, and making the highlight-reel play. Even Pitt's head coach admited that (read the media transcript).

And since we're on rhetorcal questions....who from Pitt's putrid OL will block Ware, Ratliff, Ellis and Spencer all game long? No-one? Yeah, that's what I thought! Dallas' defensive pressure will have Big-Ben throwing big ducks up there, allowing our secondary to go "Larry Brown" on his arse.

bigE79

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2459491 said:
Romo can scramble out of that and make Pitt pay. There is no better QB in the NFL at scrambling away from the rush, while still keeping his eyes downfiled, and making the highlight-reel play. Even Pitt's head coach admited that (read the media transcript).

And since we're on rhetorcal questions....who from Pitt's putrid OL will block Ware, Ratliff, Ellis and Spencer all game long? No-one? Yeah, that's what I thought! Dallas' defensive pressure will have Big-Ben throwing big ducks up there, allowing our secondary to go "Larry Brown" on his arse.

:lmao2:

ethiostar

Reaction score
Witten probably will stay to help with protection, he is more dependable there compared with Bennett. Bennett probably will have to have his best game catching the ball vs. steelers.

juck

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2459387 said:
The real question is, how do we beat the unbeaten, incomparable Steelers?

Because from reading what their fans post, they must be 12-0, right?
They are really really talked up its unreal,the fans here this week are like "theres no chance" very pompous fans cause they beat NE i think.weird.

juck

Reaction score
U spread them 5 wide and short dink them to death like Brady.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
juckie;2459534 said:
They are really really talked up its unreal,the fans here this week are like "theres no chance" very pompous fans cause they beat NE i think.weird.

I've been one of the only Steelers fans around these boards. I'd say I've been pretty objective, while obviously slightly biased, during my stay.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2459544 said:
I've been one of the only Steelers fans around these boards. I'd say I've been pretty objective, while obviously slightly biased, during my stay.

How has Woodley fared in coverage?

Also... how is Timmons doing this season?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
LearningToFly;2459216 said:
Really? I haven't really noticed that this year. Just checking some numbers real quick of how they did this year against some of the leagues top tight ends...

Kellen Winslow - 7 catches for 55 yards, 0 TDs
Antonio Gates - 2 catches for 10 yards, 0 TDs
Dallas Clark - 3 catches for 24 yards, 1 TD
Chris Cooley - 8 catches for 78 yards, 0 TDs
Owen Daniels - 3 catches for 33 yards, 0 TDs

That averages out to about 4.5 catches and 40 yards a game. Not to mention, in that Monday nighter against the Commanders most of Cooley's catches came in the 4th quarter in garbage time. Through three quarters he had 4 catches for 24 yards. I don't think tight ends have been a huge problem for the Steelers. Lawrence Timmons is a very solid LB in coverage and Polamalu will do some shadowing here and there. But Witten is the best tight end they have gone up against and I expect him to get his. I don't think he'll be giving another performance like what he had against the Seahawks though.

Funny tho, the most effective TE is one not in your conference.

How many times a season and or overall do you defend Winslow? Gates, Clark?

Seems your stats have some skew to 'em. Most do..........

bigE79

Reaction score
juckie;2459534 said:
Sounds like the REDSTINKS to me...they can be happy they beat NE all they want but even they know they wouldnt have had a chance if BRADY was playing no matter how they deny it:star:

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Vintage;2459557 said:
How has Woodley fared in coverage?

Also... how is Timmons doing this season?

Woodley is alright in coverage. He was a DE at Michigan so it was a pretty big transition for him. He's also a pretty big guy with decent speed at best. He gets burnt a few times and certainly isn't capable of keeping up with a WR. He had a really nice INT in the first game of the season. He's also made a few nice break-ups throughout the season. Still, coverage is not his forte.

Timmons is doing pretty well. He had a nice INT last week against the Patriots. He plays most in our nickel package - he has an interesting role in which he plays like a linebacker, safety, or even a nickel corner from time to time. Great on special teams. Great speed. Smart player. I think he's still a little to small and not quite strong enough at the point of attack (yet) to supplant Larry Foote as the starter inside, but it's only a matter of time.

Dcz84

Reaction score

Pretty simple bro, we have several options ya see we are nothing of the likes your team has seen before.You wanna match up your corners with our WR's? Remember we don't just have 1 or 2 threats or maybe 3 we got 7 guys in the passing game that at any given moment can go off and shread a defense.

Your gonna see a heavy dose of 4 wide single back shotgun on first and second down.There is none better in the game today in the shotgun then Romo with his pocket awareness, and if your not careful he will rip off some runs on ya too.
All the teams you guys have lost to this year have been to teams that can spread you out and get miss matches.

Reaction score
Those of you that are looking at the Steeler defense as your answer are smoking some good ****!
Their weakness by far is their offense, specifically the line! The D isn't perfect but the offense settling for 3 points a few times in this game will be a few times too many.
The good news for us Steeler fans is the O line is starting to get their head out of their *** and rise to the occasion.
I think when this game is over, if the Steelers have won the game, it will be the O line that everyone is talking about...
They will be saying things like: ""Well they sure did handle Ware a lot better than we thought they would..."
or
"They sure found a way to open the holes for Fast Willie didn't they?"

Reaction score
Dcz84;2459666 said:
Pretty simple bro, we have several options ya see we are nothing of the likes your team has seen before.You wanna match up your corners with our WR's? Remember we don't just have 1 or 2 threats or maybe 3 we got 7 guys in the passing game that at any given moment can go off and shread a defense.....
Wow, to borrow the logic from one of your forum mates...You would think the Cowboys are undefeated with that kind of firepower on board! Instead you had to get Romo back to work with those 7 magicians in your passing game to take on the SeaHawks and the 49ers...big threats that they are...or be a 6 and 6 team right now! ;)

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2459214 said:
According to whom?

Chris Cooley had the best performance from a TE this season against the Steelers with 8 catches for 78 yards. The Commanders still took a beating. Other than that, Kellen Winslow had 7 catches for 55 yards. Dallas Clark had a mediocre game against the Steelers. Antonio Gates took a beating. Kevin Boss had a mediocre game.

Look who's throwing to Cooley, Winslow, Boss, and even Gates this year. And Peyton Manning is not mobile.

Come on don't sell us out!:star:

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2459786 said:
Wow, to borrow the logic from one of your forum mates...You would think the Cowboys are undefeated with that kind of firepower on board! Instead you had to get Romo back to work with those 7 magicians in your passing game to take on the SeaHawks and the 49ers...big threats that they are...or be a 6 and 6 team right now! ;)

The 49ers and Seahawks thought they were the ultimates and tried to rush four guys based on watching a couple of bad games. It didn't work out so well for them. Adams was playing with one arm in the Cardinals game. I'm sure that was their blue-print.

I watched the Steelers play the Patriots, and I saw all the four man rushes. That is pretty much what they did. They rushed four guys and dropped 7.

You better hope it snows and the wind is blowing 30 mph if your Steelers try the same thing.