Steelers biggest weakness...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
bigE79;2459445 said:
Great point,nobody seems to be talking about that but to me this is where we have a big advantage...:star:

Plenty here know they're weak on the OL. We aren't worried about their OL. We've worried about their defense. They are 24th in O and number one in pass, rush and overall defense.

It's our OL that concerns the most of us. They protect Romo he'll pick them apart and should win the game for us.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone;2459989 said:
It's our OL that concerns the most of us. They protect Romo he'll pick them apart and should win the game for us.
Think short passing game. Dink and dunk. Quick outs. MBIII/Bennett/Witten in the flats. Slants. Romo stays clean. Red picks his shots 25-30 yards downfield with 5 step drops. Not exciting but effective.

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
We really just need to control their blitzes and hope our O-Line can hold up and give Romo enough time to get some big plays going
and we always need to run the ball to open up more plays
it's going to an interesting games my friends

Reaction score
41gy#;2459930 said:
The 49ers and Seahawks thought they were the ultimates and tried to rush four guys based on watching a couple of bad games. It didn't work out so well for them. Adams was playing with one arm in the Cardinals game. I'm sure that was their blue-print.

I watched the Steelers play the Patriots, and I saw all the four man rushes. That is pretty much what they did. They rushed four guys and dropped 7.

You better hope it snows and the wind is blowing 30 mph if your Steelers try the same thing.

One thing you might want to factor into your analogy...just how good are the Seahawk and 49er defenses compared to the Steelers?!?

If/when the Steelers do rush 4 and drop 7 they will not be Seahawks or 49ers in those black and gold uniforms!
And which 4 are really rushing and which 7 are really dropping back?
Labeau will be sending Romo visitors from all angles and they are a damn sight better than the guys you were watching in the Seahawks and 49er games! Hopefully Romo will be wondering where the hell they were coming from and TO will be flapping his lips stalking him on the sidelines like he used to do to McNabb lol! :D

Bizwah

Reaction score
I hardly know anything about Pittsburgh.

I think, position by position, we have more talent....but that goes for just about every team we face. I think they're tougher...player for player.

They will be playing at home....in an environment they're comfortable in.

Our OL struggle to protect against exotic blitzes....well, since Kosier's been out. I honestly think he's the one that helped Gurode make the line calls.

Our biggest weakness is our mental toughness. I think that matches poorly vs what the Steelers do.

Heck, even the Rams saw this weakness......now, I know we're a different team now....but we really haven't had a challenge like this one in a while.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2460149 said:
One thing you might want to factor into your analogy...just how good are the Seahawk and 49er defenses compared to the Steelers?!?

If/when the Steelers do rush 4 and drop 7 they will not be Seahawks or 49ers in those black and gold uniforms!
And which 4 are really rushing and which 7 are really dropping back?
Labeau will be sending Romo visitors from all angles and they are a damn sight better than the guys you were watching in the Seahawks and 49er games! Hopefully Romo will be wondering where the hell they were coming from and TO will be flapping his lips stalking him on the sidelines like he used to do to McNabb lol! :D

Tony Romo has played in more games than the two you reference. The Cowboys are 26-11 with him as the starter. Plus, Romo is 15-4 on the road. He's seen plenty of heat over the last three years. He will not be in awe.

As far as rushing four guys, Flozell Adams is one of the best LTs in the NFL. He has the skins on the wall to prove it. Columbo has blocked Strahan and Julius Peppers and shut them down. If your team rushes four guys the way they did against N.E., your Steelers are going to get lit up like a Christmas tree. Romo will have time to survey the field and find big plays. He has too many weapons, and he will shred your zone. Again, we'll see about the wind and field. I see a low scoring game. We'll see.

Furthermore, Romo plays the Giants and Eagles twice a year. He's not affraid of your defense. Those teams blitz him heavily, because they know what will happen if they rush four guys. The Giants' defensive coordinator is one of the top guys in the league, and his personnel is just as good as the Steelers and probably better in the secondary.

If we are going to negate wins due to opponents, let's take a look at some of the Steelers. The Eagles sacked Big Ben so many times that I would have to look it up. Ware and company are coming to town, and they are white hot. They are 2 sacks behind your Steelers.

The Cowboys can bring as much heat as any team in he NFL, and your offensive line hasn't handled heat. Also, Romo hung 41 on the Eagles and beat them this year. Plus, he hung 38 on them in Philly last year. Romo beat a Giants team with better personnel last year, twice. This year's version beat the Steelers at home. Our offensive line has proven it can handle heat.

Finally, you play the Bengals and the Browns twice. Plus, you play in the AFC. If you have not noticed, the balance of power has shifted to the NFC.

Unless you join a stronger division, don't talk to us on strength of schedule or who the Cowboys play.

Bengals 2 times
Browns 2 times

You have 4 automatic wins built into your win total.

Bizwah

Reaction score
41gy#;2460230 said:
Tony Romo has played in more games than the two you reference. The Cowboys are 26-11 with him as the starter. Plus, Romo is 15-4 on the road. He's seen plenty of heat over the last three years. He will not be in awe.

As far as rushing four guys, Flozell Adams is one of the best LTs in the NFL. He has the skins on the wall to prove it. Columbo has blocked Strahan and Julius Peppers and shut them down. If your team rushes four guys the way they did against N.E., your Steelers are going to get lit up like a Christmas tree. Romo will have time to survey the field and find big plays. He has too many weapons, and he will shred your zone. Again, we'll see about the wind and field. I see a low scoring game. We'll see.

Furthermore, Romo plays the Giants and Eagles twice a year. He's not affraid of your defense. Those teams blitz him heavily, because they know what will happen if they rush four guys. The Giants' defensive coordinator is one of the top guys in the league, and his personnel is just as good as the Steelers and probably better in the secondary.

If we are going to negate wins due to opponents, let's take a look at some of the Steelers. The Eagles sacked Big Ben so many times that I would have to look it up. Ware and company are coming to town, and they are white hot. They are 2 sacks behind your Steelers.

The Cowboys can bring as much heat as any team in he NFL, and your offensive line hasn't handled heat. Also, Romo hung 41 on the Eagles and beat them this year. Plus, he hung 38 on them in Philly last year. Romo beat a Giants team with better personnel last year, twice. This year's version beat the Steelers at home. Our offensive line has proven it can handle heat.

Finally, you play the Bengals and the Browns twice. Plus, you play in the AFC. If you have not noticed, the balance of power has shifted to the NFC.

Unless you join a stronger division, don't talk to us on strength of schedule or who the Cowboys play.

Bengals 2 times
Browns 2 times

You have 4 automatic wins built into your win total.

Nice post.....

But this year's Flo is not the Flo from last year.

And historically, Flo has had some difficulty with SPEED rushers. Guys like Peppers and Strahan he could eat up.

Harrison is another animal....small, quick, low-center of gravity. Plus, Pitt will be a very hostile environment...and we all know how Flo's hearing impairment lends itself to false-starts on the road.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Bizwah;2460240 said:
Nice post.....

But this year's Flo is not the Flo from last year.

And historically, Flo has had some difficulty with SPEED rushers. Guys like Peppers and Strahan he could eat up.

Harrison is another animal....small, quick, low-center of gravity. Plus, Pitt will be a very hostile environment...and we all know how Flo's hearing impairment lends itself to false-starts on the road.

You have to consider the guy was playing with one arm. He was hurt. Last year, he dominated Trent Cole and Osi Umenyoira, twice.

He has played better and better with each passing game. He'll get the job done.

I so hope they rush four guys. Romo will shred them if the weather allows it. They can't cover us.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Omar Epps has turned into a pretty good coach huh? I only see a few weaknesses on the Steelers.....the biggest and most glaring is their OL. Of course, watch those fat turds decide to remember how to block this week. The other weakness I see is at RB, and that is only cause they all keep getting hurt. I don't know if it is a product of the poor OL or just bad fortune with the injury bug. They have a nice group of RBs when healthy, but they can't keep em on the field.

Those are the two biggest weaknesses I see in the Steelers.

Reaction score
The Steelers were banged up early in the season they played some games with as many as 6 offensive team starters out! So I'm not expecting the same results now that they are almost 100% and the O line is starting to protect Ben much better.
I'm not saying Ware won't get a sack or two, he's a great player but he's not the whole team just like Romo isn't the whole team...the Cowboys have weaknesses just like the Steelers do. December is something the Steelers look forward to whereas the Cowboys are still haunted by some of their recent end of season performances...

The big picture for this game looks just slightly optimistic to me.
I am willing to predict with at least a modicum of confidence that the Steelers will win with a score something like: Steelers 27 - Cowboys 21 and have a +2 in the takeaway department. Obviously I'm a fan so my take is biased, I realize it could go the other way but if I was a betting man I sure wouldn't bet against the Steelers in this game! I like their odds based on the way they have been progressing lately.

khiladi

Reaction score
41gy#;2460252 said:
You have to consider the guy was playing with one arm. He was hurt. Last year, he dominated Trent Cole and Osi Umenyoira, twice.

He has played better and better with each passing game. He'll get the job done.

I so hope they rush four guys. Romo will shred them if the weather allows it. They can't cover us.

He isn't compensating for Proctor, now that Holland has gotten the nod...

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
juckie;2459198 said:
Steelers biggest weakness...
similar to ours in games that matter...

Porous OL

QB doesn't protect the ball enough

Poor Head Coach

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I tell you guys why the steelers Defense is no 1 in the league. Because they haven't played teams like Dallas.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
juckie;2459198 said:
is the middle of the field,a good TE eats them up.I think Witten and Bennett are gonna be huge.

Also, Witten has to be considered the best TE in the game at this juncture, and he ought to have a career afternoon.

Pittsburgh's losses have come at the hands of the Giants, the Eagles, and the Colts. They have struggled against other teams also, among them Cincinnati.

Rothlisberger can be hurried into mistakes, and he has been hit a lot.

While winning on the road is usually hard to do, Romo seems to excel at it.

There are a lot of pluses for the cowboys going into this week's game, and while I respect their defense, their offense hasn't been that impressive.

This may be my first "homer" post.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2460008 said:
Think short passing game. Dink and dunk. Quick outs. MBIII/Bennett/Witten in the flats. Slants. Romo stays clean. Red picks his shots 25-30 yards downfield with 5 step drops. Not exciting but effective.

I agree. At first. Slow the D down with draws. Make them play honest.

What worries me is to fall behind. We can be quick strike as well as anyone. But I don't want them to turn the dogs loose.

FLcowboy;2460708 said:
Also, Witten has to be considered the best TE in the game at this juncture, and he ought to have a career afternoon.

Pittsburgh's losses have come at the hands of the Giants, the Eagles, and the Colts. They have struggled against other teams also, among them Cincinnati.

Rothlisberger can be hurried into mistakes, and he has been hit a lot.

While winning on the road is usually hard to do, Romo seems to excel at it.

There are a lot of pluses for the cowboys going into this week's game, and while I respect their defense, their offense hasn't been that impressive.

This may be my first "homer" post.

Wasn't too homer. We just need to outscore them.