*** Steelers / Ravens Game Thread ***

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2297702 said:
I still feel bad for the Steelers, they spent a 1st on Lawrence Timmons, but Woodley is doing it

I liked Woodely alot when he came out FYI

I was all over him, obviously. 99.9% of this board wanted Spencer.

Woodley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spencer/Ellis

Faerluna;2297753 said:
Polamalu is whiffing all over the place. If he didn't have that hair, people wouldn't be distracted into forgetting how crappy his play can be.

That what I was getting at at the end of my OP.

CanadianCowboysFan;2297771 said:
and the greatest safety in NFL history, the hippie Polamalu would never be beaten for a TD by a TE

Thats why I wish more people would watch games other than the Cowboys (especially back) during the RW wars. Most of the Cowboy fans have these delusional thoughts that guys like Polamalu and Bob Sanders NEVER mess up and RW should NEVER mess up. If they turn on other games they would see the actual norms in the league.

Yakuza Rich;2297783 said:
They are 10 yards off at times.

YAKUZA

Its called changing levels. You start learning to do so at the end of pop-warner into High School football when kids are old enough to start passing effectively. Its just used to mix up QBs and prevent them from calling an audible to go deep or short depending on how tight or loose a CB is playing the WR. The Cowboy corners however are apparently coached to show the QB what depth they will play at - most of the time we are giving huge cushions which is my beef.

Rustinpeace21

Reaction score
smarta5150;2297893 said:
I was all over him, obviously. 99.9% of this board wanted Spencer.

Woodley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spencer/Ellis

That what I was getting at at the end of my OP.

Thats why I wish more people would watch games other than the Cowboys (especially back) during the RW wars. Most of the Cowboy fans have these delusional thoughts that guys like Polamalu and Bob Sanders NEVER mess up and RW should NEVER mess up. If they turn on other games they would see the actual norms in the league.

Its called changing levels. You start learning to do so at the end of pop-warner into High School football when kids are old enough to start passing effectively. Its just used to mix up QBs and prevent them from calling an audible to go deep or short depending on how tight or loose a CB is playing the WR. The Cowboy corners however are apparently coached to show the QB what depth they will play at - most of the time we are giving huge cushions which is my beef.

but atleast they have been making big plays, Roy is solid i dont have any gripes about him, but hes not as spectacular as he used to be, and as sanders and troy can be

mmohican29

Reaction score
and realize that Bradie James is the "leader" of our D. And we wonder why playoff victories are hard to come by.

I think Bradie James is about as average a player as has ever been a central figure of a championship caliber football team. And I hope he reads this post, but I doubt it would improve his play any. Please help me in naming a mlb/ilb that Bradie is better than.

.... I'm out of answers. No you cant use Bobby Carpenter as an answer who is as bad a football player as I've ever seen. Starters only.

Boysboy

Reaction score
mmohican29;2297934 said:
and realize that Bradie James is the "leader" of our D. And we wonder why playoff victories are hard to come by.

I think Bradie James is about as average a player as has ever been a central figure of a championship caliber football team. And I hope he reads this post, but I doubt it would improve his play any. Please help me in naming a mlb/ilb that Bradie is better than.

.... I'm out of answers.

Bradie is a very good player, and has been a very good fit in our 3-4. However-he isn't even 1/2 the leader Lewis is.

I remember last year when he started responding to Kitna by talking trash to the media before the Lions game. Leaders do NOT do this. If anything, he could have easily used Kitna's comments as BB material to fire up his teammates and went on his business.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I was like I wish we had a Ray Lewis on our team then I remembered we had Zach Thomas made me feel better,

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2297923 said:
this game sucks.

Are we watching the same game? This is a great game. Maybe I missed sarcasm?

Rustinpeace21;2297930 said:
but atleast they have been making big plays, Roy is solid i dont have any gripes about him, but hes not as spectacular as he used to be, and as sanders and troy can be

I understand RW has fallen off from his earlier days but by no means is he bad. He is still an above average SS in this league. Pass coverage lacks but he still helps greatly in the run game. We saw yesterday that our current safeties aren't improving the defense while RW is off the field.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I like Zach as well, but has he made a difference this year so far? Be honest. He made one play in coverage that was difference making against Philly. Stops behind the line? Stops on 3rd down? Yeah.... not really.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
mmohican29;2297934 said:

.... I'm out of answers. No you cant use Bobby Carpenter as an answer who is as bad a football player as I've ever seen. Starters only.
:laugh2:

davey999

Reaction score
mmohican29;2297934 said:

I couldn't agree with you more. Sometimes I only watch him on defense and he consistently gets blown up. He's below average, IMO.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mmohican29;2297954 said:
I like Zach as well, but has he made a difference this year so far? Be honest. He made one play in coverage that was difference making against Philly. Stops behind the line? Stops on 3rd down? Yeah.... not really.

I can tell you that just from memory(I wasnt even looking for him) he HAS made a difference.

Come on man.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
mmohican29;2297954 said:

noone's protecting him