Steelers' Ryan Clark says he'd lay out T.O. if given chance

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2462292 said:
Good for him. He should feel that way. The question is, can he do it? We have guys who can lay him out too.

Hos, I know one who cannot......#31 Mike Jenkins cannot hit my Grandma!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2462463 said:
Hos, I know one who cannot......#31 Mike Jenkins cannot hit my Grandma!

....why would he hit your grandma? did she steal his cookie?....

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
What do you expect him to say? Part of his job involves hitting receivers. Do you guys think he'll plan on letting TO run free?

And yeah, that was Anthony Smith that 'guaranteed' a victory against the Patriots last season. Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu were both out in that game.

Ryan Clark is actually one of the best stories in the NFL this season. He almost died last year from a spleen condition (he has a trace of sickle cell) after a game in high-altitude Denver. He missed the rest of the entire season and lost a great amount of weight. Doctors initially thought he'd never be able to play football again but he battled back to full strength and is having an excellent season.

He's a very quick, hard-hitting, smart FS - he rarely gets caught out of position. He's not a big-play, ball-hawking type of safety but rather is just very disciplined. He played with Sean Taylor in Washington and Taylor was extremely upset when they let Clark leave. He's a perfect compliment to Troy in this defense.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
The Steelers are talking way too much. You might say what they are talking about is irrelevant but the fact that the Cowboys are on their mind is worrisome for them. Notice the Cowboy players have said little to nothing about the Steelers and their players. That tells me that they are focused on winning the game no matter who they are playing at this point. Let's hope it shows on Sunday.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2462523 said:
What do you expect him to say? Part of his job involves hitting receivers. Do you guys think he'll plan on letting TO run free?

And yeah, that was Anthony Smith that 'guaranteed' a victory against the Patriots last season. Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu were both out in that game.

Ryan Clark is actually one of the best stories in the NFL this season. He almost died last year from a spleen condition (he has a trace of sickle cell) after a game in high-altitude Denver. He missed the rest of the entire season and lost a great amount of weight. Doctors initially thought he'd never be able to play football again but he battled back to full strength and is having an excellent season.

He's a very quick, hard-hitting, smart FS - he rarely gets caught out of position. He's not a big-play, ball-hawking type of safety but rather is just very disciplined. He played with Sean Taylor in Washington and Taylor was extremely upset when they let Clark leave. He's a perfect compliment to Troy in this defense.
Awww that's a great story. But you know what WHO CARES. This guy is a no name looking for the first open mic.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
I'm sure Ware has the same plans for the statue that plays QB for pittsburgh.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Paniolo22;2462347 said:
I thought the rule was you couldn't kill the receivers if they were defenseless. Welker sure looked defenseless on that hit. The inconsistency within the league office is a huge bunch of bull crap.

What inconsistency are you talking about? The NFL is always consistent. If it is anyone other than the Cowboys they let them off. How much more consistent do you want them to be? Sheesh!

RoadRunner

Reaction score
THUMPER;2462597 said:
What inconsistency are you talking about? The NFL is always consistent. If it is anyone other than the Cowboys they let them off. How much more consistent do you want them to be? Sheesh!

Yep, just look into intentional grounding calls to confirm this.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2462307 said:
Who's Ryan Clark?

x2 I've never even heard of the guy. I hadn't heard of James Harrison or Lamar Woodley either before this week.

bigE79

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2462632 said:
x2 I've never even heard of the guy. I hadn't heard of James Harrison or Lamar Woodley either before this week.
same for me:star:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2462632 said:

He is a good player, He was a Commander and played well there for them. For some reason they didnt resign him.

superpunk

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2462523 said:
Wow, what an entertaining story. Tell me about the time he passed a kidney stone and bounced back from a hangnail.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
RoadRunner;2462594 said:
I'm sure Ware has the same plans for the statue that plays QB for pittsburgh.

Ware has a bum knee, but so does Ben, and Ware is pretty quick anyways. This could get ugly for Ben.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
theebs;2462639 said:
He is a good player, He was a Commander and played well there for them. For some reason they didnt resign him.

Well, as Mickey used to say, "If he's so good, why was he available?"

:lmao2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Harrison was a scrub, too, apparently. It takes some time to get it. Even the coaches don't always see a player.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
jobberone;2462662 said:
Harrison was a scrub, too, apparently. It takes some time to get it. Even the coaches don't always see a player.

They cut harrison twice.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
this guy lays 1 big hit on a 150 pound wr and now he thinks he's Ronnie Lott. these guys are talking too much and it's gonna come back to bite them in the ***.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When your defense is #1 in everything 12 games during the season, you get to act like you're the best, because you are. If that means crowing about Ryan Clark, so be it.

Good news is, they might not be good enough. We'll also get to toss their offense's salad for 4 quarters, so, that should be fun.