Steelers' Ryan Clark says he'd lay out T.O. if given chance

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I will smile, and dance around, if TO catches a TD pass right in front of, or over the top of, Clark. That would just be beautiful.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Vertigo_17;2462300 said:
I have not issues with this statement, it's his job to hit/tackle him. I expect there will be some head hunting across the middle this week (on both sides).

What I don't get though with this hit last week and no fine...this is basically the same hit that Woodson made on that poor guy from Seattle a few years back. And I recall the reasoning for the 75K fine was that he left his feet and hit a defenseless receiver.

Was that correct, or am I remembering it wrong?

You are wrong. When Woodson hit the Seattle receiver the receiver actually was trying to catch the ball and Woodson was trying to break up the pass. The ball was not close to Welker when this guy hit him. I am surprised it was not fined. To me that play was the example of a hit on a defenseless player. There are so many other hits where the defenders are actually trying to do their job of breaking up the pass that have been fined, but not this one.

I don't necessarily agree that there should be fines or so many fines levied on defenders. This is a league of collisions, but if they are going to fine them then they need to be consistent. That hit is worse than most I have seen because the ball was already on the ground.

Last year the league threatened Newman with a fine for saying he was going to hit Kitna. Are they going to warn this guy for talking about hitting T.O. in this manner? And I do specify in this manner because it was outside the rules. That is why it was flagged. If he can get a clean it and be physical with T.O. Go for it. This is football and it is part of the game. The part that I love, but if it is a cheap shot that is something different.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2462594 said:
I'm sure Ware has the same plans for the statue that plays QB for pittsburgh.
Statue? Ben gets sacked alot, but he is far from being a statue. He knows how to move around to buy time.

The Steelers o-line has played like crap this year and that has alot to do with all the sacks on Ben. This is a glaring weakness for Pittsburgh that will cost the Steelers dearly this Sunday:star:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
joseephuss;2462751 said:
You are wrong. When Woodson hit the Seattle receiver the receiver actually was trying to catch the ball and Woodson was trying to break up the pass. The ball was not close to Welker when this guy hit him. I am surprised it was not fined. To me that play was the example of a hit on a defenseless player. There are so many other hits where the defenders are actually trying to do their job of breaking up the pass that have been fined, but not this one.

And yet, I still laugh every time I see that hit. I remember the Woodson play and although I also laugh when I see that hit, Woodson WAS head-hunting on the play. Ryan Clark did not lead with his head, which is probably why Welker was able to get up. Darrell Jackson? Not so much.

random Cs

Reaction score
theebs;2462639 said:
He is a good player, He was a Commander and played well there for them. For some reason they didnt resign him.

A very foolish reason.

PH2006122801594.jpg

MONT17

Reaction score
Clark is a good player but i would be worried about heinz ward takin guys out! I know ward will be looking for Ware on a crack back opportunity!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
MONT17;2463145 said:
Clark is a good player but i would be worried about heinz ward takin guys out! I know ward will be looking for Ware on a crack back opportunity!

How is that possible? Is Ward planning on blocking Ware? If so, Ware will push him out the window like a rag doll.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2463152 said:
How is that possible? Is Ward planning on blocking Ware? If so, Ware will push him out the window like a rag doll.

He mentioned a crack back hit -- like he did when he broke the Cinci LB's jaw...

Hines Ward will only hit you if you aren't looking at him.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2462346 said:
This guy sucks. He can't cover, just like the rest of their slow secondary.

Jason Witten will light this guy up.

Randy Moss torched this guy last year after he ran his yap. Isn't this the big mouth that Moss torched.

He's really brave, just like that coward Hines Ward. That little troll just runs around trying to sucker punch people.

that was then-rookie Anthony Smith

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says...

That hit was baller and it would have put the hurt on any WR...

And BTW, the guy said nothing wrong... He also said he would tackle TO by a shoe-string if it brings him down...

Media trying to make something out of nothing,,

Big D

Reaction score
Idgit;2462717 said:
When your defense is #1 in everything 12 games during the season, you get to act like you're the best, because you are. If that means crowing about Ryan Clark, so be it.

Good news is, they might not be good enough. We'll also get to toss their offense's salad for 4 quarters, so, that should be fun.

Whoa! :eek:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This would be a great time for TO to score a 60 yarder in his face, and run to the middle of the steeler field and celebrate on their logo.

That's only if the game is in the bag for us of course. :D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If any of you really know me, then you know how much I hate the Steelers. But I will defend Ward. He gives a great deal not only to the city of Pittsburg but to children. He's been awarded for it. I love this guys spirit on and off the field. If he's taking cheap shots then I'll not think highly of him anymore. Is that true?