Video: Stephen A and crew on the McCarthy hire

robbieruff

Reaction score
I agree with everything said here..

Very lackluster and a complete retread hire.

Rex says this is a bridge to them naming Jason Witten the Head Coach in a few years.

What a joke.

Been following your comments throughout this thread and you couldn't be more spot on...how ANYONE justifies this move as a positive is beyond anything I could possibly fathom...we are a laughingstock AGAIN.

garyo1954

Reaction score
or just 1 player

If that one player had followed the game plan McCarthy might still be in Green Bay.
We just don't what the outcome could have been if that one player had done what he was asked to do, do we?

visionary

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of McCarthy but I’m on board with giving him a decent chance to see what happens

I wanted an experienced HC with some skins on the wall to direct things and he checks those boxes. Would I have wanted someone who would want more control? Definitely, but I’ll take this for now

Mike Nolan was a very good DC so if we’re targeting him that might be a good sign. Haven’t heard his name recently

JayFord

Reaction score
Were still listening to him in 2020?

it doesn’t matter who we hire hes paid to crap on dallas

foofighters

Reaction score

Rex says this is a bridge to them naming Jason Witten the Head Coach in a few years.

What a joke.

Nah, the joke is SAS. No matter what comes out of his mouth, it's been spoon fed to him by a writer. All he is, is an actor who dances to whatever his boss puts on.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Brother...let me ask you another question...what has been the pattern of success in recent years in taking franchises to the next level (note - I cite the Rams and Niners as primary examples)? Do you think that's the path we followed in this decision making? And to you earlier post, I was NOT calling MM a scrub...I referred to the DECISION as a SCRUB MOVE, because that's what it is from the FO. We should have been going after the whale but we took home the striped bass. Yeah, we can make a nice meal out of it, but that's what SCRUB franchises do (like the Browns) to satisfy a fan base steeped in mediocrity. We're the mother lovin' Dallas Cowboys and a retread, "safe" hire is the best we can do??! PUUUUUHHHHHHLLLLLLLLEEEEEZZZZZEEE. Oh, and for the record, MM wasn't my 10th choice.

We have become some low expectation havin' mofo's if we think this is in ANY WAY a good decision...

I think you are missing a big, big example of a "recent success" in your analysis.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Sean Payton: 131-77 record, .630 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 8-7 playoff record, 3 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring

Mike McCarthy: 125-77-2 record, .618 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 10-8 playoff record, 4 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring
McCarthy certainly had a better day than Payton yesterday.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He doesn't go for flashy. Flashy would not be normal for Jerry.

He did what he normally does. Hired a yes man coach that will accept the coaches he doesn't want to get rid of.

McCarthy is far from a yes man. He is the complete opposite of Garrett.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
As opposed to you on a message board spouting your opinions for free? Are you any more credible? No.

But I get it. Attacking SAS gets people likes and props and easy to do. It's safe. Funny thing is, the people saying he knows nothing and no credibility have zero credibility themselves.
That’s like 300 million people. :lmao::lmao2:

robbieruff

Reaction score
Mahomes had a massive regression this year, was injured, and Reid still won 12 games.
Look at the division in which they played...c'mon, man!?!

Raiders twice, Chargers twice, Broncos twice...dude, now you're flirting with absurdity. He had 6 wins BAKED into the schedule!

Let's face it, MM was a panic move, because we couldn't lure the next versions of McVay and Shanahan to come here due to our dysfunction, and his 80/20 pass-to-run ratio (which has been MM's track record his ENTIRE CAREER) will fair about as well as our pre-2014 offenses did under Romo. Remember those pass happy times when your boy was setting records on the road to 8-8? Well...you're about to see them again.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Not only that but this. Every single guy on that show is a blowhard who were saying all kinds of trash before Garrett was fired. That show is a joke. All of them are FOS. It's not a sexy hire but honestly, Lincoln Riley wasn't turning this around in a year or two. Same with some others.

I'd take one ring.

dfense

Reaction score

What a joke.

Lol, well if Rex says so....

Rex should stick to evaluating feet.

Loso86

Reaction score
They could have hired Bill Belichick as HC and Sean Payton as OC and they would fund a way to shoot it down. This is a good hire not great but better than JG.