Twitter: Stephen A. on Micah's podcast: Dak is a choir boy, needs to be more like Aikman

plymkr

Reaction score
You cant “be more like Aikman” if youre a big part of the problem. Dak is and always has been a talker and a company man. Aikman was neither, he was a leader, Dak is not
I remember when Jerry signed his Pepsi deal Troy was interviewed by ESPN and he was drinking a Coke. That’s all that needs to be said about Troy and Troy’s demeanor.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
When Dak threw the ball out of bounds on third down to stop the clock in the game against the Lions when the Lions had no time outs left - someone should have JUMPED DAK'S ASH on the sideline right there on national TV. There should have been 5 or 6 players ALL OVER DAK on the sideline saying WHAT THE HELL?!

Crickets...... Soft team. Soft owner. Soft coaches...

bigE79

Reaction score
On YouTube, search for Tony Romo miked up,or Tony Romo yells a Dez.. great video, about 20 minutes long..he gets on Doug free also.
I'll try to post it,never did it before..lol..https://youtu.be/-DVQy7NodEc?si=bHem1XJAlH6U8lhB

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Said this already...he should be a Battlefield Commander not a culture warrior/leader.

This is why I wanted Belichick here...

LysleE

Reaction score
Dak collects the stats, but on the big stage when a big play needs to be made he doesn’t come through. He is not a leader on this team like Aikman was…a leader put his money where is mouth is…how many years did Dak stand in front of the press and promise to do better and work harder…yet years later he is still doing the same things. To say Dak is a leader like Aikman is a slight to Troy…Dak is not a leader in any way, shape or form.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh yes we have, on live TV, when Dez was still a newb and didn't run his route and Romo talked to him very vocally on the field. I don't remember Dak doing that in any game, but I could be wrong.
What Romo did is nothing like what Aikman is doing here. That wasn’t even Romo to do something like this lol.

morat1959

Reaction score
You can fit Dak’s leadership skills under Troy’s little finger nail.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Aikman had Emmitt... Check out the numbers. Emmitt I'd dare say won the last 2 Super Bowls not withstanding Brown at cornerback. And if we had a close game. Jimmy gave it to the line and Emmitt. Not Troy.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Aikman had Emmitt... Check out the numbers. Emmitt I'd dare say won the last 2 Super Bowls not withstanding Brown at cornerback. And if we had a close game. Jimmy gave it to the line and Emmitt. Not Troy.

Yes but if the pass was needed Troy and Mike was on the same page. That’s why he could release the ball before Mike made his break.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Poise in pressure situations is a big one too, among others.

I still can't let Demarcus Ware off the hook either for lack of leadership. He's a high paid team veteran that just wants to blend in and cash checks
I think he didn't have words for what happened. What he said was some bs to cover for his buddies. I don't care one way or the other but I have a feeling he was confused and didn't know what to say. I don't even like the guy. shrugs..or any of them.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
That is what I was talking about, what is on the field leadership. I just don't see any from Dak, and then we have some people on here saying, "oh that's the 90's way and doesn't work in todays NFL. Players are motivated differently." I'm like how are players motivated differently? You send them to time out?
It's complete B.S. too. You can definitely coach players that way today, and you get rid of the ones that can't handle it.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Saying a QB needs to be more like Aikman is like saying a QB needs to be more like Staubach or Montana or Brady or Maholmes.
And if you don't have a QB like that then you need to keep looking, not making a lesser QB the highest paid player ever.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Here's what concerns me: People voicing their opinion in the media is nothing new and the player's probably don't even care that much anymore. But people voicing their opinion on a fellow player's media "outlet"? Talking with a fellow player about you with everybody invited in? How can that be beneficial for morale and team spirit?

I don't know what Micah answered since I will not listen to this crap (and I don't read their X feeds either), but I hope he shut SAS up right there. Anything else would be embaressing.

Man this team sucks so much right now, I hate them all lol. (hate as in the casual dislike you feel about people in sports, nothing serious ;) ) Can't they all just shut up and not talk to the media for a while? Or worse, be be the media? What is wrong with these guys. This team will never win anything serious with this clown show on board. And this is not about Micah only. All of these bigmouths, don't care how good their stats padding regular season was. Show up in the play offs you guys. That goes for you too CD.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
When is Dak appearing on the podcast? They could take calls from the fans. Fans from any generation.

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
He didn't say anything that wasn't true. Maybe Dak needs to fist bump harder in the huddle? Troy was awesome, he would have ripped dak a new one too. "the babysitting is over" same as in here.
He was, but what he was doing in the video wasn't getting through. Hence his frustration. The Jerry rot had well and truly set in Dallas by that time. No individual can make that much of a difference in such a bad environment.