Stephen A. Smith | Can leader McNabb hear sour notes?

AJM1613

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Maybe you should enjoy what came from 2 of your own in what Freddie Mitchell and T.O. had to say about McNabb.

Now the the one of our own that you should really listen to is when Aikman totally ripped McNabb apart in a game. Eagle fans couldnt deal with the truth Aikman said.

Are you illiterate? Seriously.

Owens always said he thought McNabb was a very good quarterback, Mitchell is an unemployed receiver who needed someone to blame for not being a future inductee to the Hall of Fame.

And you keep using what Aikman said about McNabb back in 2002 as your only arguement, all he said was that McNabb was terribly inaccurate durring a PRESEASON GAME AGAINST THE RAVENS' DEFENSE. :banghead:

AJM1613

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Oh, I don't know. Perhaps it's that you are constantly trying to convince everyone that there might be some kind of positive spin to this.

I want him traded, like I said, so there is a positive spin.

What I wrote about what Irvin said is negative.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Are you illiterate? Seriously.

Owens always said he thought McNabb was a very good quarterback, Mitchell is an unemployed receiver who needed someone to blame for not being a future inductee to the Hall of Fame.

And you keep using what Aikman said about McNabb back in 2002 as your only arguement, all he said was that McNabb was terribly inaccurate durring a PRESEASON GAME AGAINST THE RAVENS' DEFENSE. :banghead:

Yeah when Owens said - Im not the one who got tired in the Super Bowl. Yeah I guess if you take that as him thinkin McNabb is as good as you think he is then there is no hope for you.

Mitchell. Like it or not he played for the Eagles and so yes it does carry some weight to it. But go back to your Freddie is unemployed excuse. You seem to think that excuse is the word of God. What will be real funny is when Freddy finds a team if he has his best years ever.

Aikman said more then just his terrible accuracy. He also said he has never seen such terrible decisions either and how he can totally not see some of his WRs that are wide open.

Ravens D or not McNabb has thrown alota ground balls and shown terrible accuracy and decisions against other Ds to.

If McNabb had the mobilty of QBs like a Kerry Collins or someone like that. McNabb would not be a good QB. There are QBs like your Culpeppers Mannings Favres who can get by just on there arm. And alot of the pocket passers who dont have good mobility get by on their arm. McNabb is one of the QBs who if he had to get by on his arm like some of these other QBs would not be very good at all. Defenses fear McNabbs great athletic ability and his threat to run much more then his arm.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Yeah when Owens said - Im not the one who got tired in the Super Bowl. Yeah I guess if you take that as him thinkin McNabb is as good as you think he is then there is no hope for you.

Actually that has absolutely nothing to do with his ability, just his conditioning. This is the same player that begged to play with McNabb last season because he thought he was the best quarterback in the league.

Mitchell. Like it or not he played for the Eagles and so yes it does carry some weight to it. But go back to your Freddie is unemployed excuse. You seem to think that excuse is the word of God. What will be real funny is when Freddy finds a team if he has his best years ever.

Well right now Freddie can't find a team and when he does he will be lucky to make the team and probably won't be any higher on a depth chart than fourth without any injuries. Mitchell also said he has great hands and said that he had something for Rodney Harrison. He said the only reason Owens puts up better numbers than he does is because the quarterback doesn't throw him the ball.

Aikman said more then just his terrible accuracy. He also said he has never seen such terrible decisions either and how he can totally not see some of his WRs that are wide open.

Ravens D or not McNabb has thrown alota ground balls and shown terrible accuracy and decisions against other Ds to.

Actually that never happened and you're making things up. He said he was terribly inaccurate in a preseason game THREE YEARS AGO and right now it's your only arguement for why McNabb is overrated. Aikman said that he respects every other aspect of McNabb's game except for the short throws. Go Google it.

If McNabb had the mobilty of QBs like a Kerry Collins or someone like that. McNabb would not be a good QB.

Well the one time he had no mobility, a game against the Cardinals in 2002, he threw four touchdown passes on a broken ankle.

There are QBs like your Culpeppers Mannings Favres who can get by just on there arm. And alot of the pocket passers who dont have good mobility get by on their arm. McNabb is one of the QBs who if he had to get by on his arm like some of these other QBs would not be very good at all. Defenses fear McNabbs great athletic ability and his threat to run much more then his arm.

Actually Culpepper has pretty good mobility, Manning threw only nine more bad throws than McNabb last season (added on to has lack of mobility) and Favre is color blind (can't tell the Green jerseys from the white ones).

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Actually that has absolutely nothing to do with his ability, just his conditioning. This is the same player that begged to play with McNabb last season because he thought he was the best quarterback in the league.

You just said it yourself. LAST SEASON! Well this is no longer last season.

Well right now Freddie can't find a team and when he does he will be lucky to make the team and probably won't be any higher on a depth chart than fourth without any injuries. Mitchell also said he has great hands and said that he had something for Rodney Harrison. He said the only reason Owens puts up better numbers than he does is because the quarterback doesn't throw him the ball.

Downplay it all you want but Freddie still brought up some good and true stuff. Funny how Freddie brings up that McNabb never throws him the ball and how Aikman has mentioned how McNabb has not seen WRs that are wide open. Hmmmmmm.

Actually that never happened and you're making things up. He said he was terribly inaccurate in a preseason game THREE YEARS AGO and right now it's your only arguement for why McNabb is overrated. Aikman said that he respects every other aspect of McNabb's game except for the short throws. Go Google it.

Uhhm yeah Aikman also mentioned bad decisions and not seein open WRs.

Well the one time he had no mobility, a game against the Cardinals in 2002, he threw four touchdown passes on a broken ankle.

The Cards. Nuff said.

Actually Culpepper has pretty good mobility, Manning threw only nine more bad throws than McNabb last season (added on to has lack of mobility) and Favre is color blind (can't tell the Green jerseys from the white ones).

Uhhh yeah Culpepper does have good mobility but he also is a QB that doesnt need it to be good. I would take Culpepper over McNabb any day.

McNabb is not as good as alota people think. And thats exactly what Freddie Mitchell thinks to. McNabbs teammates......silent. I would think if his teammates so strongly disagreed with what T.O. and Freddie Mitchell said then they would come out and defend him.....but............silence.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
You just said it yourself. LAST SEASON! Well this is no longer last season.

Really? I thought it was. irrelevant point #1

[QUOTE}Downplay it all you want but Freddie still brought up some good and true stuff. Funny how Freddie brings up that McNabb never throws him the ball and how Aikman has mentioned how McNabb has not seen WRs that are wide open. Hmmmmmm.[/QUOTE]

In a preseason game three years ago. You know? Players can't improve.

The Cards. Nuff said.

And? irrelevant point #2

Uhhh yeah Culpepper does have good mobility but he also is a QB that doesnt need it to be good. I would take Culpepper over McNabb any day.

Really? Me too. irrelevant point #3

McNabb is not as good as alota people think. And thats exactly what Freddie Mitchell thinks to. McNabbs teammates......silent. I would think if his teammates so strongly disagreed with what T.O. and Freddie Mitchell said then they would come out and defend him.....but............silence.

But they couldn't have disagreed with TO because TO never said he was bad, he took one shot and said he was tired in one game. Ouch. "Hey Wolverine, you're tired" is not the same as "Hey Wolverine, you suck!". See?

No one said anything to discredit Mitchell because Mitchell isn't worth discrediting. No one came out and said Mitchell wasn't the best receiver in the league, that doesn't mean they all believe it.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Really? Me too. irrelevant point #3

You TOO!! Youd take Culpepper over McNabb. Argument over.

But they couldn't have disagreed with TO because TO never said he was bad, he took one shot and said he was tired in one game. Ouch. "Hey Wolverine, you're tired" is not the same as "Hey Wolverine, you suck!". See?

No one said anything to discredit Mitchell because Mitchell isn't worth discrediting. No one came out and said Mitchell wasn't the best receiver in the league, that doesn't mean they all believe it.

Weather alert....weather alert....tornado warning!!!! All kinds of spin!!!!

AJM1613

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
You TOO!! Youd take Culpepper over McNabb. Argument over.

I realized last season that Culpepper is the best quarterback in the NFL, so obviously I don't think McNabb is the best. Manning is also better than him.

Squiggly

Reaction score
Ask yourself this question.....how good would McNabb be if he had average wheels ?

Ask yourself another question.......is McNabb more likely to beat you with his feet or with his arm.

As a Boys fan....I can remember many times when McNabb beat us with his feet....I can remember few times when he beat us with his arm. And the few times he beat us with his arm it was because he gained extra time with his feet which allowed his WR's to get open. And the other few times were when Duce took a 5 yard dump for the distance.

I do not believe that McNabb is a great throwing QB. So I can see where his Wide Receivers could get a bit frustrated with him.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Squiggly said:
Ask yourself this question.....how good would McNabb be if he had average wheels ?

Ask yourself another question.......is McNabb more likely to beat you with his feet or with his arm.

As a Boys fan....I can remember many times when McNabb beat us with his feet....I can remember few times when he beat us with his arm. And the few times he beat us with his arm it was because he gained extra time with his feet which allowed his WR's to get open. And the other few times were when Duce took a 5 yard dump for the distance.

I do not believe that McNabb is a great throwing QB. So I can see where his Wide Receivers could get a bit frustrated with him.

Good post. This is what I think of McNabb. He is a great athlete. One of the best gifted athletes in the game. And that is what NFL Ds fear. His arm. Not that good. Every NFL D fears his athletic ability and his threat to run much more then his arm. Take away that great athletic ability and McNabb on his best day would be maybe a average QB.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Squiggly said:

He probably wouldn't have been the second pick in the draft because his arm is something that has improved.

Now? Definitely his arm. Before the fibula fracture? His feet.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He probably wouldn't have been the second pick in the draft because his arm is something that has improved.

Now? Definitely his arm. Before the fibula fracture? His feet.

If you were to have McNabb have Drew Bledsoes mobility but they both had the same arms they do. Who would you take.

I would take Bledsoe if they both had the same lack of mobility. Bledsoe has a stronger and more accurate arm. Bledsoe also has a big one over McNabb in long ball accuracy. McNabbs arm is just not that good.

He did break his ankle or whatever but he has also recovered from it. He is still one of the most gifted athletes in the game and you can bet every NFL DC plans around his great athletic ability and threat to run before they plan against his arm.

McNabbs big plus is he can still kill you with his feet.