Stephen A. Smith: Dak is worth $40 mil/season

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I applaud your invitation to do better. So true, I MUST do better. We ALL should do better, although I must point out that “jealous” doesn’t quite fit. Resigned displeasure in the current value system that embraces rewarding athletes on a much higher scale than truly more valuable pastimes, MIGHT be more accurate. Also, I reiterate my earlier assertation that most reasonable, “average Joes” STILL roll their eyes at SAS, and believe athletes are grossly overpaid. Peace.✌
Jealous definitely fits here. If they were truly valuable and not easily done they would be paid more period. I reiterate most "reasonable "average joes" still roll their eyes because their broke and underpaid. That breeds jealousy esp when you think because you can do what they do at a way lower level that they're overpaid. Peace

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Seriously? Congrats! Score one for the little guys! How do you like them goofballs I’ve been jawing with? Anyone that dares to acknowledge that athletes are grossly overpaid is just a jealous loser making poor life decisions! I never knew! I’m so disappointed with myself!
You should be disappointed with yourself for being a pocket counter that isn't a cpa. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and make better decisions smh.

ESisback

Reaction score
You should be disappointed with yourself for being a pocket counter that isn't a cpa. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and make better decisions smh.

Are you related to a player or did you inherit? No other explanation for such misinformed and condescending admonishments. A lot of working Joes out there that are no doubt better than you that aren’t passing judgement, but whatever makes you feel better about yourself...

ESisback

Reaction score
Jealous definitely fits here. If they were truly valuable and not easily done they would be paid more period. I reiterate most "reasonable "average joes" still roll their eyes because their broke and underpaid. That breeds jealousy esp when you think because you can do what they do at a way lower level that they're overpaid. Peace

Surely you can’t be implying that running fast with a ball has more value than people who teach our children, police our streets, put out fires, protect our country, or work their ***** off every day in the trenches, because that’s what you sound like.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
FOwZ77O.gif

DBOY3141

Reaction score
no, I do have a beagle but this is a painting a friend of mine had done of his. We're all beagle buddies.
very cool. we lost our beagle a couple of months ago to cancer. trying to get another one, but my son is having a hard time with it. they are awesome dogs.

pansophy

Reaction score
Stephan A isn’t a blinded Cowboy fan who (for some reason) forgot young QBs have bumps in the road sometimes before they fully develop. Not all young QBs play like prime Romo in their second year (first with roster adversity).
Stephan A is a die hard Giants fan who is trying to sabotage the Cowboys by publicly setting the price for Dak way higher than it should be.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the amount. I don’t care if dak makes 100 million a year, my concern is how much of the cap space he takes up. So it’s really about a percentage not the amount. Nothing to do with thinking athletes are over paid. I just don’t want bad contracts holding the team back.

Number1

Reaction score
Dak may very well be a $25M + QB ... two years from now. His performance is very team oriented by virtue of the system, this rebuilt O has to gel.

That's not all on Dak, frankly our OC ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. His adjustments to last years issues made things worse during the season.

I like the offseason so far: Williams and Flemming at solid editions to the OL, I need to see more of the TEs to feel good but, go Rico!
Austin, Gallop, Olawale, Thompson, and Hurns adds a lot of playmaking ability.

I'd note, everyone of those guys makes blitzing and or spying Dak more difficult. That ain't by accident.

Don't under estimate Dak with faster targets and time to throw. The few times he had time to look deep last year he hit big. This team has the talent to destroy Ds with play-action. If they keep it simple and execute this could be a very productive by midseason.