Stephen A. Smith: Dak is worth $40 mil/season

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It has EVERYTHING to do with it! He’s throwing out misinformation to A)incite for ratings, and B)plant a seed that has the potential (he hopes) to wreck the Cowboys’ cap down the road. For Jerry and the Cowboys to make nice with SAS and his ilk kinda reminds me of our government making nice with countries that hate us like Iraq and Iran. But that’s another story for another time!
How is someone's opinion misinformation? Also at the going rate Dak getting 40million isn't too far fetched so how can it mess up the cap anymore than what he might get anyway would? I think you hate SAS and he has you saying some strange things my fellow Boys fan

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I guess if Betty White came out and said Dak was worth 52k, then that would be the truth too.. 700k is what he's worth right now. if that's his salary.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be hard to find working Joe’s who think athletes or actors are overpaid. I know plenty of guys who are hardworking and highly intelligent that have always done it the right way, and STILL make less than 75k per year. Most of them roll their eyes and chuckle when they hear someone like SAS defending guys covered in tats with a seventh grade reading level who hold out for 15 million because they were “disrespected” with an offer of 14.5. After all, they have to prepare for life after football...

As to the Grand Poobah of Conspiracy and all that garbage you spouted...yeah it IS entertaining to read your “reasoning”. The conspiracy stuff is certainly real, and it goes far beyond the Dallas Cowboys, but I try to keep it on the Cowboys because they’re the centerpiece of this forum. There are exceptions, and even though most of us (myself included) are guilty of it, the object is to keep politics out of it.

In closing, the fact that you haven’t changed my opinion one iota MUST bother you, otherwise you wouldn’t spend so much time responding to my opinions. Unless of course you derive entertainment from reading then refuting...
Look at all this crying sounding like the stereotypical nice guy that deserves a super idle just because they are nice smh. Of course broke people relatively speaking would be jealous about someone doing better than them even when they aren't as good at their jobs as the person they are speaking on. If these Joes are so hardworking and smart they should be smart enough to get in a profession and or start a business where they can make more than 75k a year. I know I am and because of that I'm not crying about how player x has more money than me and how they have tattoos and seventh grade reading levels lol. Heck if anything who is more "smart" the person making less than 75k with all this knowledge or,the person with a 7th grade education making millions?

Lastly all people would like top pay relative to what the top of their specific profession is. I'm pretty sure you'd be upset if someone was making 30k more a year than you doing the same job or worse yet less than you. That is the same thing with these athletes just on a bigger scale. Stop being jealous and make better life decisions so you won't have to be upset at random people making more money than you.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be hard to find working Joe’s who think athletes or actors are overpaid. I know plenty of guys who are hardworking and highly intelligent that have always done it the right way, and STILL make less than 75k per year. Most of them roll their eyes and chuckle when they hear someone like SAS defending guys covered in tats with a seventh grade reading level who hold out for 15 million because they were “disrespected” with an offer of 14.5. After all, they have to prepare for life after football...

They can think others are overpaid, roll their eyes, look down on players, etc. but they need to make sure they pay their damn light and gas bill. Players can sleep with the lights on and A/C blasting non-stop if they want and not worry. So if I were giving advice, I'd say to pay attention to your own back yard and quit minding the greener grass on the other side of town. It would probably help them in attempting to scrape together more resources for themselves and be better on the blood pressure as well. At least you admit to being a jealous tool unlike most.

As to the Grand Poobah of Conspiracy and all that garbage you spouted...yeah it IS entertaining to read your “reasoning”. The conspiracy stuff is certainly real, and it goes far beyond the Dallas Cowboys, but I try to keep it on the Cowboys because they’re the centerpiece of this forum. There are exceptions, and even though most of us (myself included) are guilty of it, the object is to keep politics out of it.

In closing, the fact that you haven’t changed my opinion one iota MUST bother you, otherwise you wouldn’t spend so much time responding to my opinions. Unless of course you derive entertainment from reading then refuting...

LOL. Responding to your opinions? 9 times out of 10 it's you getting triggered at what I post just like in this thread. On the old DC boards, you'd mention my name in threads I hadn't even posted and wasn't planning on posting in. It's not me who's bothered, trust me.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
They can think others are overpaid, roll their eyes, look down on players, etc. but they need to make sure they pay their damn light and gas bill. Players can sleep with the lights on and A/C blasting non-stop if they want and not worry. So if I were giving advice, I'd say to pay attention to your own back yard and quit minding the greener grass on the other side of town. It would probably help them in attempting to scrape together more resources for themselves and be better on the blood pressure as well. At least you admit to being a jealous tool unlike most.

LOL

visionary

Reaction score
You guys are complete buffoons
SAS is a huge cowboy hater
He's just saying this stuff to put it in Daks head to cause trouble for cowboys
He doesn't believe for a second that Dak is worth 40 mill

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The market is high for QB's right now; especially good ones. You dont have to be great to get 28 mil a year for 3 years guaranteed for example.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
XLJJe.gif

ESisback

Reaction score
How is someone's opinion misinformation? Also at the going rate Dak getting 40million isn't too far fetched so how can it mess up the cap anymore than what he might get anyway would? I think you hate SAS and he has you saying some strange things my fellow Boys fan
You’re right about one thing. I hate SAS.

ESisback

Reaction score
Look at all this crying sounding like the stereotypical nice guy that deserves a super idle just because they are nice smh. Of course broke people relatively speaking would be jealous about someone doing better than them even when they aren't as good at their jobs as the person they are speaking on. If these Joes are so hardworking and smart they should be smart enough to get in a profession and or start a business where they can make more than 75k a year. I know I am and because of that I'm not crying about how player x has more money than me and how they have tattoos and seventh grade reading levels lol. Heck if anything who is more "smart" the person making less than 75k with all this knowledge or,the person with a 7th grade education making millions?

Lastly all people would like top pay relative to what the top of their specific profession is. I'm pretty sure you'd be upset if someone was making 30k more a year than you doing the same job or worse yet less than you. That is the same thing with these athletes just on a bigger scale. Stop being jealous and make better life decisions so you won't have to be upset at random people making more money than you.

My “life decisions” are perfectly fine, thank you. I’d wager every bit as good as yours. Most of these athletes were simply born with the ability to run faster/harder/longer/whatever. I repeat...most normal, everyday people agree...these athletes are overpaid. Should a teacher making 60k feel inadequate because he makes a fraction of a guy from the urban ghetto that runs a 4.4 forty? Should an Army veteran that clears less than $900 a week have made better life choices? As far as crying, YOU seem rather distressed over my opinion.

ESisback

Reaction score

LOL. Responding to your opinions? 9 times out of 10 it's you getting triggered at what I post just like in this thread. On the old DC boards, you'd mention my name in threads I hadn't even posted and wasn't planning on posting in. It's not me who's bothered, trust me.
Then why keep responding to such “drivel”? Triggered is a two way street!

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Its ok to not like him because you think his opinions are wrong or inflammatory. But none of this is true right here.

Prove what isn't? He says dak is worth 40 mil a year. Numbers, playoff wins, and cap figures say he's not. He said the buccaneers fired lovie smith because he's black. He was proven wrong there too, as Lovie is just not a good head coach, much like Norv Turner or Wade Phillips. I could go on.