Stephen A. Smith: Dak is worth $40 mil/season

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
LOL -- I've can't help but wonder how Stephen feels about SAS's words of a $30 mil/season for Dak. Never mind, I think I know. ;)

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Prove what isn't? He says dak is worth 40 mil a year. Numbers, playoff wins, and cap figures say he's not. He said the buccaneers fired lovie smith because he's black. He was proven wrong there too, as Lovie is just not a good head coach, much like Norv Turner or Wade Phillips. I could go on.
You don't understand what worth is. His worth is what someone is willing to pay him. If no one wants to pay him that, he's not worth that.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
You don't understand what worth is. His worth is what someone is willing to pay him. If no one wants to pay him that, he's not worth that.

I have a complete understanding of worth, as well as the difference between worth and value. Dak is not worth 40 million a year. No player is. No GM in his right mind would cripple his entire ability to build a team to pay one player that much per year and destroy their cap.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I have a complete understanding of worth, as well as the difference between worth and value. Dak is not worth 40 million a year. No player is. No GM in his right mind would cripple his entire ability to build a team to pay one player that much per year and destroy their cap.
If that's your response, then no, you don't know what worth means.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If Dak leads this team to the playoffs this year and improves on his 2017 season performance (very possible), he will likely demand a new salary anywhere in the mid-20s-to-30 million a year contract. Stephen A. Smith is simply being Stephen A. Smith. No bigger Dak fan here than me. Trust me. Ask all of the guys from the old Official Cowboys Fan Forum. They will attest to that. But as much as I love Dak, there is no way in Hades that he should get paid $40 mil/year. That would be so destructive to the team. I believe Dak would agree with that. He did grow up a Cowboys lifelong fan... and even was a fellow poster on the old forums.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
My “life decisions” are perfectly fine, thank you. I’d wager every bit as good as yours. Most of these athletes were simply born with the ability to run faster/harder/longer/whatever. I repeat...most normal, everyday people agree...these athletes are overpaid. Should a teacher making 60k feel inadequate because he makes a fraction of a guy from the urban ghetto that runs a 4.4 forty? Should an Army veteran that clears less than $900 a week have made better life choices? As far as crying, YOU seem rather distressed over my opinion.
If I was you I wouldn't wager too much that your decisions are as good as mine but it doesn't really matter anyway. I repeat most normal everyday people are broke and jealous so of course they'd think athletes and anybody else making money is overpaid. That is a common theme amongst most "everyday" people. Nobody should feel inadequate but if you're constantly worried about people being overpaid no matter what profession you feel inadequate and should do so something about it. What about the suburban guy that doesn't run a 4.4 forty or does every player come from the urban ghetto? Lol never change zone never change.

As far as you're last comment about me being distressed over your opinion that is untrue. We are having a back and forth. I didn't know that meant I was distressed about your opinion. Cheap online disagreement tactics will get you no where. Do better my fellow Boys fan.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Suddenly y'all care about what SAS says......

Because it sheds Dak in a potentially bad light... :rolleyes:

As many times as you've brushed away anything I've posted from SAS?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Its a Dak thing baby....Cowboys really don't matter to the Dak-bots as long as Dak is there all is square baby!!!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he worth 40mil then cut him so he can go cripple another teams cap.

Dak=40 million dang Bus Drivers must be real important people on the planet Earth!!
Where are you Ralph Kramden (Honeymooners) there giving out fortunes baby!!!

s-l300.jpg

ESisback

Reaction score
If I was you I wouldn't wager too much that your decisions are as good as mine but it doesn't really matter anyway. I repeat most normal everyday people are broke and jealous so of course they'd think athletes and anybody else making money is overpaid. That is a common theme amongst most "everyday" people. Nobody should feel inadequate but if you're constantly worried about people being overpaid no matter what profession you feel inadequate and should do so something about it. What about the suburban guy that doesn't run a 4.4 forty or does every player come from the urban ghetto? Lol never change zone never change.

As far as you're last comment about me being distressed over your opinion that is untrue. We are having a back and forth. I didn't know that meant I was distressed about your opinion. Cheap online disagreement tactics will get you no where. Do better my fellow Boys fan.

I applaud your invitation to do better. So true, I MUST do better. We ALL should do better, although I must point out that “jealous” doesn’t quite fit. Resigned displeasure in the current value system that embraces rewarding athletes on a much higher scale than truly more valuable pastimes, MIGHT be more accurate. Also, I reiterate my earlier assertation that most reasonable, “average Joes” STILL roll their eyes at SAS, and believe athletes are grossly overpaid. Peace.✌

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I applaud your invitation to do better. So true, I MUST do better. We ALL should do better, although I must point out that “jealous” doesn’t quite fit. Resigned displeasure in the current value system that embraces rewarding athletes on a much higher scale than truly more valuable pastimes, MIGHT be more accurate. Also, I reiterate my earlier assertation that most reasonable, “average Joes” STILL roll their eyes at SAS, and believe athletes are grossly overpaid. Peace.✌
I'm doing better just got a 74 $ per hour raise :oldcouple:

Hadenough

Reaction score
How many people think that Daks first season was a anomaly. I think it was because we saw last year that when defenses finally had some tape on Dak his QBR went down bigtime. Good teams were able to confuse and pressure him into mistakes. Jerry finally has a roster loaded with talent and will waste it all fooling around with Prescott as his QB.

ESisback

Reaction score
I'm doing better just got a 74 $ per hour raise :oldcouple:

Seriously? Congrats! Score one for the little guys! How do you like them goofballs I’ve been jawing with? Anyone that dares to acknowledge that athletes are grossly overpaid is just a jealous loser making poor life decisions! I never knew! I’m so disappointed with myself!