Stephen A Smith is a hypocrite

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen A. Smith is a hypocrite? Really? OMG, who knew?

What next - will someone tell me he is a blowhard, loudmouthed annoying weasel? Then I'll really be shocked!

ESisback

Reaction score
The math is very simple, Cowboy Fans + Cowboys Haters = 90% of the NFL Fan Base.

With the math above, and if you were an ESPN Exec, you would ask your star employee (SAS) to berate the Cowboys as well. The haters will tune in at 7 am to watch SAS laugh at the Cowboys, and angry Cowboy fans will tune in to take in the hate.

Have you noticed that Shannon Sharpe has also joined in on the beratement? Fox Sports did my mathematical equation and came to the same conclusion.

I agree, although I see those numbers gradually changing:
1)Fewer Cowboy fans because of the Super Bowl/Playoff drought, and
2)Fewer Cowboy fans watching because they’re bored/irritated by the nonstop snark.

I would imagine even some of the neutral folks are tired of the manufactured drama.

kskboys

Reaction score
What a miserable low-IQ human being as well as giant hypocrite.
I know he does it for ratings because no one will listen to him unless he talks about the cowboys but anyone else find it ironic and hypocritical that he constantly calls Dallas fans obnoxious but the second the Cowboys lose or something bad happens he posts a video laughing at them and belittling the team? He is to the point that his ONLY schtick it to make fun of Dallas. And in a pc age, why does ESPN continue to allow it?
And his other traits are worse.

ESisback

Reaction score
Seriously. Why do you guys watch him?

Seriously! I don’t watch him anymore either. Don’t watch First Take anymore, and I clicked on ONE online rant of his this year, but clicked off about 17 seconds into it!

kskboys

Reaction score
Seriously! I don’t watch him anymore either. Don’t watch First Take anymore, and I clicked on ONE online rant of his this year, but clicked off about 17 seconds into it!
Dude, that is 100% my story!!!! No kidding!! I clicked onto the show and someone else speaking. Then he started spewing and I couldn't stand it, and changed channels!!!!!

I really don't see how anyone can stand to have him on, even as background.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I know he does it for ratings because no one will listen to him unless he talks about the cowboys but anyone else find it ironic and hypocritical that he constantly calls Dallas fans obnoxious but the second the Cowboys lose or something bad happens he posts a video laughing at them and belittling the team? He is to the point that his ONLY schtick it to make fun of Dallas. And in a pc age, why does ESPN continue to allow it?

He's an entertainer. He brings eyeballs. You're talking about him.

He earns his money. I appreciate the trolling humor.

Redline360

Reaction score
He's the type of person you can have the TV on mute and still hear is annoying voice.

Can't stand that tool. It's pretty scary people actually follow him and still has a job. Those people need to seek help asap

Ozone22

Reaction score
There is this great thing they invented years ago. It is light fits right in the palm of your hand and can change tv channels without even leaving your seat. It's called the remote, an amazing thing. I use my remote to stay far away from SAS and tune in to watch the lovely Kay Adams in the morning. That is how I chose to start my day..

Adreme

Reaction score
Honestly if I worked alongside Skip Bayless, who predicted the Cowboys to go to the Super Bowl every year and who treats every win like it's more than it is, I would probably hate fans of whatever team he loved too and relish the chance to gloat.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I can honestly say that I've only heard Smith talk a few times and it was on this site. If more people would not give him the time of day, no one would have to put up with his schtick.

Feel the same way about the Bayless/Sharpe debacle. I find it hard to believe that these jokes still have a show, but it apparently is what others must want to see/hear.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
ESPN allows it because SAS talking about us whether we winning or losing is a money maker for them. Just like for the NFL, we are still a big draw and we have won nothing. Not another team can say that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
:espn::espn::espn::espn::espn::espn:

ESisback

Reaction score
Dude, that is 100% my story!!!! No kidding!! I clicked onto the show and someone else speaking. Then he started spewing and I couldn't stand it, and changed channels!!!!!

I really don't see how anyone can stand to have him on, even as background.

Doesn’t he look the elf from Bad Santa? Or the limo driver from “Me, Myself and Irene”?

Fastphilly

Reaction score
I listen to SAS strictly for laughs. There are far better talking heads to listen to for game breakdowns and analysis. Namely people that actually played the game or were former coaches in a high capacity.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score

First world problems

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What exactly has this franchise done over the last 20 or so years that’s not laughable? Hate the man all you want, but he’s right about this team a lot more than he’s wrong and it forces us to face the fact that this once historically great franchise, is a nothing more than a mere shell of its former self.

All we do as fans is eat up whatever the Owner/GM tells us in the offseason to build up false hope in the fact that one day somebody, somewhere on this team will be competent enough to get us to the big game.

Agreed, as annoying as SAS can be, we do need outside perspectives to keep us grounded. Let's face it. We suck this year. We haven't won in a very long time.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That's the funny thing about the "haters". They claim to dislike the Cowboys but they're the ones largely responsible for keeping them relevant.

I have a friend that is always throwing shade my way on social media about the Cowboys, especially after they lose. Now, I'm not a gloating or annoying fan. In fact, I've literally said nothing about them this season (and why would I?). So I think it's funny that the Cowboys are that much a part of their life that they feel the need to go out of their way to talk about them. People try to use the excuse that Cowboy fans are "annoying homers", but come on, every single team in the league has those kind of fans. For the most part we are all frustrated with this franchise.