Stephen: "Feel great about Jason and his staff"

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
It is required that both have their own shows as part of the flagship deal which is why the station that has it now has no competition for it, the rest have all had their turn in the barrel with those clowns before it became a requirement. The Cowboys have had twice as many flagship stations as other teams in the last 20 years. To carry the Cowboys means you have to carry one old bag and one dumb bag as well.

When The Ticket had it, they were asked to tone down the making fun of Booger and others in the FO and their response was to ratchet it up another level to get rid of it. It is not a money maker for a good station because of the exclusion of ad categories because of the sponsors the team sells. The Fan was a loser in need and all too ready to comply.

There are no other markets like this one. No team really wants their owner or GM on the radio but if they did, they'd lnow the two words "no comment". These two jokes can't keep their mouths shut.

Do you work in radio? You are very knowledgeable regarding it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wade is a great DC but is not Head Coach material. He was just another puppet for Jerry.
Not only did he not want the spotlight, he avoided it. Perfect HC. And Garrett has bored the media with Mr. Football Chiche so they love the Joneses because they're a guarantee to say something stupid if they're asked enough questions. Sometimes, all it takes is one.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
He sings the lyrics Booger hands him.
Yes except it will be much more difficult for Stephen to willing want to make a fool of himself even with that very instruction coming from Daddy. If Stephen was smart and knew Garrett had to go but Daddy wants to keep him around, well then you go get Mommy on your side to try and talk some sense into the old man, you use the tools you have. No one wants to step infront of the podium and tell the World something that everyone is going to laugh at you for, and that's exactly the situation that Stephen will be in next week unless he starts thinking ahead right now.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gawd help us.

What else are they supposed to say??
'Jason has this team in disarray, and we are gonna kick him to the curb if he don't start winning.'
I personally believe it's the kiss of death to confirm that the coach is safe.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you work in radio? You are very knowledgeable regarding it.
Used to, spent 25 years in managing radio stations and another 15 in broadcast services. Didn't manage radio in Dallas but I knew quite a few people in the biz and would talk to them quite a bit.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Maybe if I was a billionaire’s son I’d care less about winning.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I'm really surprised Romo called JG out during the game. They have to move on from him.

The team needs someone with some fire and who can actually game plan. Running the same plays no matter the opponent is HS level. They do a terrible job of attacking team's weaknesses.

Brax

Reaction score
bahahaha we're so screwed.

all of Jerry coaches have great minds because he hand picked them all, HC everyone wants, OC boy genius, 2 of the better DC minds and a GM he would of fired if he wasn't the GM and there are some who say Jerry doesn't have a warped sense of humor....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im not one to support Garrett at this point but there is a big difference between the Wade situation and this one. They had a coach in waiting then.If they fired Garrett before seasons end who takes his place? i dont see not one person on this staff that deserves to be elevated to interim head coach. You gonna pull someone out of retirement?

Im ready for a new HC at this point but if we are going to send someone packing right away please let it be Marinelli
It couldn't be Richard, if it circled the drain, they'd have a hard time making him the guy. They had that turnaround with Garrett when he took over, not to mention the dress code, so he was an easy sale. Marinelli, the Undertaker, has already buried a team so they could use him.

I think they should rehire Barry Switzer and let him HC using Face Time.