Twitter: Stephen: "I think the world of Kellen and that's why we want him back"

Jipper

Reaction score
LOL. No. Tony Sparano was the reason that offense looked that way. Garrett isnt special. Never has been.

I never Said he was special, but the question was comparing KM getting to 12 wins as an OC and asking if Garrett had ever done that...

Which he did as a OC and HC...that's all

phildadon86

Reaction score
I never Said he was special, but the question was comparing KM getting to 12 wins as an OC and asking if Garrett had ever done that...

Which he did as a OC and HC...that's all
Why did the offense suck the next year after Sparano left? Just wondering

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The issue is the o-line coach, and meddling from the Jones's trying to change up things that Moore had working.

That, and the insistence from the Jones's to ride with the now-JAG Zeke...

Oh...and Dak not being his better self.

I certainly don't think Moore was the cause of all of our issues. I keep going back to the play early in the game where we passed it over the middle to Wilson and he threw a terrible lateral to Pollard, which was an execution problem. However, when your offense is no longer working, it's your job as coordinator to fix it. Taking into account the O-line problems, the running game problems, Dak not being his better self, it was still Moore's job to make the offense do better than it did, whether that's fair or not.

Clearly from the Denver game on (minus a couple of games against bad defenses), we struggled. Shell coverage played a major role in that. Moore wasn't able to counter that, so that's on him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well.....lol

Poor Kellen getting the Linehan treatment daily here.
Fire him bring in whoever you want as OC and the offense will still be the same.
WHY?
Cause the guy who handles the ball the most has a very limited talent base.
Now that's the reality of the situation, we've seen it for 6 years now and you still continue to blame everything under the sun but Dak.
GL with that!!!!:eek:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Knowing Jerry....he will probably ride out the five years with McCarthy.

Then once he is out of options for hope to sell to the fans he will pull Payton out of the booth for Gruden type money......

But he wants to keep Cooper Rush on staff as OC.

Why do we continue to think this movie is going to end differently?

morasp

Reaction score
I'm not as down on the offense as some, the Rams have a pretty explosive offense and the Niners held them to one touchdown until the fourth quarter.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah. Look how good the giants looked. Why is he not getting calls for ANY COACHING JOB..
I actually thought you were talking about Sparano.

Glad I realized lol.

Careful though. If the 90s return Garrett will be a hot commodity.

GINeric

Reaction score
Well.....lol

Welp!!! Expect our offense to look like garbage without a running game again. If im Dak, I ask for a trade. There's no way Moore going to call better plays to put our offense in better positions to win.

No motion, no movement, weak *** routes.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I really hate the obviously clueless Jones twins ........ They make every business decision based on ego and personal bias. And the cowardly reporters we have here in Texas will continue to ignore all this and only ask softball questions to these two clowns.

Makes me sick.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In both yards and scoring Dallas has had a top offense over the past 3 years. And that's with Dak injured at times and struggling at other times.

It's crazy that many on this forum are down on Kellen.

What is crazy is that people can't see that those yards and points all occur in 4 games against trash opponents and that any time they play a winning squad the offense totally evaporates.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
And this ladies and gentlemen is why we will never win a Super Bowl. Stephen Jones is more clueless than his dad.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I’m pretty down on Kellen. His adjustments to his adjustments made by other teams was bad. We underwhelmed the 2nd half of the year - that said we still had the best offense in the league. He deserves a year to see if he can grow. He was overrated and now it’s just a bash Kellen field day.

I’ll give him another chance to see how he does. If he can get creative in the run game etc.
I don't lay it all at his feet, but that's a story that's been done on here a few times.

And I agree with you. My first choice would be MM calling plays, but it's hard to argue Moore not doing well. Not his biggest fan, but I think his is good. Another year under his belt. If we come out flat, let MM take over.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
It's not up to him. It never was.

Stephen just said he can do it if someone takes Kelln off our hands.

Think about that. The Head Coach, known for being a playcaller, only gets to call plays if the OC he inherited leaves.

Kind of like the previous Head Coach being stripped of playcalling duties. How many times do the Jones' have to show some of you that the Head Coaches here have no authority?
You nailed it.

I understand wanting to be an NFL HC, the money, prestige, chance of making history and having your name remember, etc. The list of good is huge. That said, coming to team where you neutered must do something to the psyche. The money doesn't change and you still have chances at all the others.

But if your a guy with deep integrity (maybe not the best term, mind addled a bit today) it seems being told what to do would keep you awake at night. And would be a huge reason why you don't get the pick of the litter when you need one.

Off note- finally hit 1,000 posts, only took 17 years.