Stephen Jones: "CeeDee Needs 12-15 Targets Per Game."

Thomas82

Reaction score
In an interview a couple of weeks ago, Stephen Jones said that for what the Cowboys were about to pay CeeDee Lamb, he needs to be targeted 12-15 times per game. Given how the Jones family operates, this is not surprising at all. They want to justify giving CeeDee this new contract. Besides, I already said in a couple of posts that this could happen, and to not be surprised if it does happen and CeeDee has a similar season to last year or better if he can stay healthy. People (on and off this board) got on me last year for making my predictions of him getting 120+ catches, 1,600+ yards, and 15 touchdowns for 2023. Anyway, here are a couple of links to articles with Stephen's quote:

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/cowboy...e-lamb-12-to-15-targets-per-game-pay-contract
https://nodereport.bleacherreport.c...amb-needs-to-be-targeted-12-15-times-per-game

blueblood70

Reaction score
In an interview a couple of weeks ago, Stephen Jones said that for what the Cowboys were about to pay CeeDee Lamb, he needs to be targeted 12-15 times per game. Given how the Jones family operates, this is not surprising at all. They want to justify giving CeeDee this new contract. Besides, I already said in a couple of posts that this could happen, and to not be surprised if it does happen and CeeDee has a similar season to last year or better if he can stay healthy. People (on and off this board) got on me last year for making my predictions of him getting 120+ catches, 1,600+ yards, and 15 touchdowns for 2023. Anyway, here are a couple of links to articles with Stephen's quote:

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/cowboy...e-lamb-12-to-15-targets-per-game-pay-contract
https://nodereport.bleacherreport.c...amb-needs-to-be-targeted-12-15-times-per-game
look man he's generalizing,

he's saying that our best players need to be fed.. go look at all the top WRs they get the same energy. Its par for the course. Hey wont force him the ball but should get it to him as much as possible within the game flow and gameplan. bet MI got targeted a lot even in run heavy league and offense. now add an extra game and in a pass heavy league. its NORMAL.

AJ Brown was upset last year when he wasn't targeted enough.. the best players want the ball and the offense should go through them,. you Remember all that TO, dez and other payers making sideline rants on get me the damn ball, wait a book was written by Keyshawn Johnson on that very thing.

hmm so now its a Jones thing?

BTW Miami , Tua said that the gameplans were being run trying to get Hill the 2k plus record last year, facts ,all teams think like that but sure act like a casual and try and poke at the ownership and FO. Its par for the course.

blueblood70

Reaction score

by the way they don't need justification Cds last year and his overall 4 years production says he should be paid like, that as the top 5 WRs were.. the entire NFL in sports media were saying jerry was stupid not paying this man and paying him 35 wasn't out of the question., but sure here come the casuals.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is totally meaningless because it's what they were doing last year anyway, especially the second half.

But it's stupid to put this out in the public.
see there's a reason to have you on ignore what do you mean stupid? it's clear who the best players are and they will be fed they will be focused on. not a secret lmao... some of y'all are so clueless i don't even know how to respond anymore... the secrets out the minnesota vikings are going to feed justin jefferson..Hill will be fed, . there are no secret game plans.. right if steven doesn't say this they. will forget about Lamb and leave him one on one all day.LMAO!!! . put their worst Corner on him..

so let me get this straight it's stupid to say this , but a casual fan on a forum like you, knew it already but the oppositions coaches and players are clueless on Lamb?..

John813

Reaction score
Stephen Jones and Jason Garrett confused the entire football world on draft weekend, when they continually referred to Austin as a "web back." Jones didn't make things any easier in the same press conference, when he suggested Austin might get the ball "a dozen to 20 times, two dozen times a game" in the Cowboys' offense.

Tavon Austin > CDL

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/...-role-with-the-cowboys-might-look-like-459191

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
see there's a reason to have you on ignore what do you mean stupid? it's clear who the best players are and they will be fed they will be focused on. not a secret lmao... some of y'all are so clueless i don't even know how to respond anymore... the secrets out the minnesota vikings are going to feed justin jefferson..Hill will be fed, . there are no secret game plans.. right if steven doesn't say this they. will forget about Lamb and leave him one on one all day.LMAO!!! . put their worst Corner on him..
It is stupid to say "here's where our money is so we are scheming to that" in public, whether it is true or not.

Adreme

Reaction score
look man he's generalizing,

he's saying that our best players need to be fed.. go look at all the top WRs they get the same energy. Its par for the course. Hey wont force him the ball but should get it to him as much as possible within the game flow and gameplan. bet MI got targeted a lot even in run heavy league and offense. now add an extra game and in a pass heavy league. its NORMAL.

AJ Brown was upset last year when he wasn't targeted enough.. the best players want the ball and the offense should go through them,. you Remember all that TO, dez and other payers making sideline rants on get me the damn ball, wait a book was written by Keyshawn Johnson on that very thing.

hmm so now its a Jones thing?

BTW Miami , Tua said that the gameplans were being run trying to get Hill the 2k plus record last year, facts ,all teams think like that but sure act like a casual and try and poke at the ownership and FO. Its par for the course.
Last year Lamb was the most targeted player in the NFL with 181 targets. They are saying they need an additional 23 minimum over what was again the most targeted player in the league already. It’s kind of a crazy number they are shooting for as an average for his targets.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Timely comments like this are what propelled Stephen to the top of our front office heirarchy. You gotta turn up the pressure on players by putting things out in the media and making your expectations publicly known. Its textbook front office 101, and other teams will sit up and take notice.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
CeeDee needs to rewrite the record books this season and prove he deserves the contract he was just given.

Aven8

Reaction score
As an opposing DC, just double Lamb and cover Ferg and you have this offense shut down. No running backs or anything else on offense to scare anyone…..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Tweedle dee thinks this is Madden so based on Ceedees new deal, hes talkin out his arse about how many targets he needs. DUMB. Thats not how this game works in real life Stevie. He will get plenty targets and a number shouldn't be placed on what that looks like. Its irrelevant to winning. The flow of the game should dictate terms. Whats working or not working.