Stephen Jones: "CeeDee Needs 12-15 Targets Per Game."

ShortRound

Reaction score
Tweedle dee thinks this is Madden so based on Ceedees new deal, hes talkin out his arse about how many targets he needs. DUMB. Thats not how this game works in real life Stevie. He will get plenty targets and a number shouldn't be placed on what that looks like. Its irrelevant to winning. The flow of the game should dictate terms. Whats working or not working.
Exactly ... They equate # of plays to salary. Not whether the team wins/loses. I get what he's saying but he's looking at the game wrong. It's not a spreadsheet he can run numbers on.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is what you hear when a businessman tries to talk like a football man.

Let's see,

At 34 million year and 12 targets a game that would be 204 targets a season which means each target would average about 167 thousand dollars a target. So, if he drops a pass, he just wasted 167 thousand dollars.

Jerry has the same mindset: A player will perform better if you pay him more.

Sorry guys, it doesn't work that way. Because you paid him what you did, you get to keep him on your team. That's all that happened.

Chasing6

Reaction score
In an interview a couple of weeks ago, Stephen Jones said that for what the Cowboys were about to pay CeeDee Lamb, he needs to be targeted 12-15 times per game. Given how the Jones family operates, this is not surprising at all. They want to justify giving CeeDee this new contract. Besides, I already said in a couple of posts that this could happen, and to not be surprised if it does happen and CeeDee has a similar season to last year or better if he can stay healthy. People (on and off this board) got on me last year for making my predictions of him getting 120+ catches, 1,600+ yards, and 15 touchdowns for 2023. Anyway, here are a couple of links to articles with Stephen's quote:

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/cowboy...e-lamb-12-to-15-targets-per-game-pay-contract
https://nodereport.bleacherreport.c...amb-needs-to-be-targeted-12-15-times-per-game
The most regular season targets as a WR is 205 and jr is requesting up to 255 or a 24% increase.

He is definitely Jerry son. No dna test needed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Exactly ... They equate # of plays to salary. Not whether the team wins/loses. I get what he's saying but he's looking at the game wrong. It's not a spreadsheet he can run numbers on.
bingo. His arrogance and ignorance are showing yet again, without fail.

Cmac

Reaction score
This is totally meaningless because it's what they were doing last year anyway, especially the second half.

But it's stupid to put this out in the public.
.....and it would be foolish that an NFL defense is going to concede that graciously. Somebody else needs to step up for CeeDee & Dak's sake, alone.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is what you hear when a businessman tries to talk like a football man.

Let's see,

At 34 million year and 12 targets a game that would be 204 targets a season which means each target would average about 167 thousand dollars a target. So, if he drops a pass, he just wasted 167 thousand dollars.

Jerry has the same mindset: A player will perform better if you pay him more.

Sorry guys, it doesn't work that way. Because you paid him what you did, you get to keep him on your team. That's all that happened.
the guy thinks he's pulling one over on the fans when he makes idiotic statements like these. In any sport, PLAYERS ARE WHAT THEY ARE, which is creatures of habit. They aint gonna play better or at a higher level because you paid them more. It never has worked this way. Never will. Its a team sport. Team sports is a game-to-game situational deal. Targets are meaningless if we lose OR WIN. CD has averaged tons of targets, so I'm confused by Stevies jargon. Its like he doesn't pay attention or maybe inept....you decide, just listen to him and all doubt is removed.

Thomas82

Reaction score
.....and it would be foolish that an NFL defense is going to concede that graciously. Somebody else needs to step up for CeeDee & Dak's sake, alone.
Bike Mike definitely needs to be creative with scheming CeeDee open.

RonWashington

Reaction score
This is why the top of the ladder won’t be getting any better when Jerry passes the torch . Nonsense like this

Chasing6

Reaction score
In an interview a couple of weeks ago, Stephen Jones said that for what the Cowboys were about to pay CeeDee Lamb, he needs to be targeted 12-15 times per game. Given how the Jones family operates, this is not surprising at all. They want to justify giving CeeDee this new contract. Besides, I already said in a couple of posts that this could happen, and to not be surprised if it does happen and CeeDee has a similar season to last year or better if he can stay healthy. People (on and off this board) got on me last year for making my predictions of him getting 120+ catches, 1,600+ yards, and 15 touchdowns for 2023. Anyway, here are a couple of links to articles with Stephen's quote:

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/cowboy...e-lamb-12-to-15-targets-per-game-pay-contract
https://nodereport.bleacherreport.c...amb-needs-to-be-targeted-12-15-times-per-game
You would also think he needs a QB that can throw him the ball.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

So essentially 1 target per 10 M in contract.

And just force it to him to justify the contra t