Twitter: Stephen Jones - Cowboys could draft a couple of receivers

CapnB

Reaction score
I'd choose Calvin Ridley. Why? Because he's from South Florida. A few receivers from South FL.. Ty Hilton, Hurns, Antonio Brown, and I'll add Chad Johnson just cause.

Some guy named Michael Irvin .... heard he was an okay WR from South. FLA. Whatever happened to that guy?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Anyone...how about this guy “Anothny Miller”?
The more I’m looking and hearing about him,he’s a very real possibility. He’s not big,but you can plug him right away in the X,and he’s a playmaker. I could see that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone...how about this guy “Anothny Miller”?
The more I’m looking and hearing about him,he’s a very real possibility in the 2nd. He’s not big,but you can plug him right away in the X,and he’s a playmaker. I could see that. Dallas could hit another position they really want at 19,and still grab a quality WR they can line up day one.
What's going on, CP? Hope you are doing well bro.

This is my question: Since Anthony Miller, DJ Moore and Calvin Ridley are short (6' or under), how many more slot receivers do the Cowboys need? Cowboys already have Beasley and Switzer manning the slot. What the Cowboys need is height, speed and quickness at the WR position.

Chrispierce

Reaction score

This is my question: Since Anthony Miller, DJ Moore and Calvin Ridley are short (6' or under), how many more slot receivers do the Cowboys need? Cowboys already have Beasley and Switzer manning the slot. What the Cowboys need is height, speed and quickness at the WR position.
Hey dude,that kind of night! But from what I understand,Miller is really a guy you could plug n play day one at the X,and a playmaker,and there’s only a couple of players to chose from who can do that. So that’s why I mention him,because he’s kinda flying under the radar,but a very plausible option when you look at it. Say Dallas wants Ridley,and he’s gone....but you still want a instant impact guy. He’s your man.

Edit: No wait!!! Holy beans and rice....THIS cat scored 40TDs in 38 games? and his speed was 4.48? Think I’m liking this idea much more now....

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The best WR in the NFL is 5'10".

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is such shortness going to spread out opposing defenses and help Dak?
There have been studies of the data in regards to WRs and measurable(s).

The basic conclusion was that the vast majority of successful NFL WRs were between 5-11 and 6-2. The study that I reviewed said they would not downgrade a WR in the draft as long as the player was 5-11 or taller.

Antonio Brown at 5'10-1/8" is 7/8" under 5'11" which is obviously not far off the mark.

AB gets open by mastering the Art of route running. When a WR is open size is not really an issue.

When a WR is rarely open like Dez, then size is extremely important.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There have been studies of the data in regards to WRs and measurable(s).

The basic conclusion was that the vast majority of successful NFL WRs were between 5-11 and 6-2. The study that I reviewed said they would not downgrade a WR in the draft as long as the player was 5-11 or taller.

Antonio Brown at 5'10-1/8" is 7/8" under 5'11" which is obviously not far off the mark.

AB gets open by mastering the Art of route running. When a WR is open size is not really an issue.

When a WR is rarely open like Dez, then size is extremely important.
Ok, but... How many 6' or under players currently in the NFL are consistently getting open deep and spreading out defenses? How many of them are making catches deep over the top and beyond their coverages?

TheGoat73

Reaction score

Looks like it might get crowded. Bye bye Lance Lenoir

Is it too much to ask for a DT that is big, fast and strong enough that teams have to consider double teaming him?

And let’s not invite disaster by going into the season thin at LB AND starting 2 guys who are injury question marks from jump.

We finally have corners who can play. Let’s stop the run and get some inside pressure and watch the turnovers start to happen.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Ok, but... How many 6' or under players currently in the NFL are consistently getting open deep and spreading out defenses? How many of them are making catches deep over the top and beyond their coverages?

All of Brady's receivers the past few years except Moss. Odell, Brown, the retired Steve Smith. Remember when Santana Moss used to terrorize us? DeSean Jackson, Tyreek Hill. I'm lost? And Jarvis Landry isn't really fast, he's quick and can get open. Which is why I would of loved him here.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Just stop talking.

I wish we head a normal front office.

The Jones family has destroyed my once thought indestructible passion for the Dallas Cowboys. Please just stop and let the scouts and coaches do their job.
Just stop believing everything you read. We’re a week away and everyone is posturing.