Twitter: Stephen Jones - Cowboys could draft a couple of receivers

conner01

Reaction score
He hasnt. But I wouldn't cut him before camp. Let's see what type of preseason he has because he may be out best blocking wide receiver.
Agree
If nothing else you need the bodies
But some seem to see something in him I didn’t
And I don’t think he can be out of PS
If we draft one WR it’s not mean a cut since we’ve already added two. Twill won’t be cut and brown is at the bottom of the pecking order
I personally don’t want to draft more than one unless it’s a special case with a guy
I’m hoping we swap around and get an extra pick in top 3 rnds or maybe two
I’m a big quality over quantity guy and 10 picks aren’t making the team
Just get me miller and I’m good at WR

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL at all the guys in the other thread saying "WR is really not a need for this team".

I guess Stephen didn't got the memo, he plans to use 2 or 3 of our 10 picks on WRs.

This board is going to be hilarious when use 30% of our draft picks on WRs:laugh:

He said a couple of receivers, which is 2, not 2-3, and he said “could” not “will”, and didn’t say how high they would be drafted. He may take one high or he may not. It remains to be seen.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree
If nothing else you need the bodies
But some seem to see something in him I didn’t
And I don’t think he can be out of PS
If we draft one WR it’s not mean a cut since we’ve already added two. Twill won’t be cut and brown is at the bottom of the pecking order
I personally don’t want to draft more than one unless it’s a special case with a guy
I’m hoping we swap around and get an extra pick in top 3 rnds or maybe two
I’m a big quality over quantity guy and 10 picks aren’t making the team
Just get me miller and I’m good at WR
I like the idea of drafting two because there are about 4 or 5 guys I think we should look at. But if that 1st pick is a receiver........unless we trade down....I don't know if I can justify taking two. Give me Moore and Miller and I'd be ok.

conner01

Reaction score
I like the idea of drafting two because there are about 4 or 5 guys I think we should look at. But if that 1st pick is a receiver........unless we trade down....I don't know if I can justify taking two. Give me Moore and Miller and I'd be ok.
By far my two favorites
There is some things about millers game I think will mesh well with Dak. Moore to me has the best chance of turning out to be a 1 some day
I’d take either but I just don’t want any WR at 19

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
By far my two favorites
There is some things about millers game I think will mesh well with Dak. Moore to me has the best chance of turning out to be a 1 some day
I’d take either but I just don’t want any WR at 19
Yeah I only want two if we trade down. It's really a mystery where these guys go. I wonder do all these guys slip out of the 2nd.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah I only want two if we trade down. It's really a mystery where these guys go. I wonder do all these guys slip out of the 2nd.
I think most will
With 5 QB going early and a couple LB a RB, DE the DB’ s that are going high, WR could be a position that falls since most seem to see this WR class a lacking elite prospects

Air Force One

Reaction score
Defense defense defense

Our problem isn't scoring it's not be in able to stop anyone when it matters. I'd give anything for a dominant defense.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I expect us getting 2 WR's in this draft, probably one in the 1st and one in the 4th...very much needed btw

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Defense defense defense

Our problem isn't scoring it's not be in able to stop anyone when it matters. I'd give anything for a dominant defense.
It's what I've been saying but the FO continues to make the same mistakes. I expect them to go offense and then we'll start the whole process over again. Never going to win anything without a good defense.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
lol fans are the best...

Dallas doesnt give them news on what theyre doing like FA...UGHHHH!!! why isnt there news!!!!!!!

Dallas gives them some insight on what could happen....Why cant they stay quiet about it.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Well, regardless of whatever else you can say, the Cowboys have done their homework on the 2018 Wide Receiver class. In addition to their interest in free agent veterans like Sammy Watkins, Jeremy Maclin, Deonte Thompson, and Allen Hurns, they have evaluated at least 23 Draft Eligible Wide Receivers that we know about.

Wide Receivers – 23

· Marcell Ateman - Oklahoma State

· Brandon Bean – Grand Valley State

· Antonio Callaway - Florida

· D.J. Chark – Louisiana State

· Malik Earl - Missouri State

· Daurice Fountain – Northern Iowa

· Michael Gallup – Colorado State

· Davon Grayson – East Carolina

· DaeSean Hamilton – Penn State

· Del’Michael High – Tarleton State

· Quan Jones - Baylor