Recap: Stephen Jones discusses QB situation

KB1122

Reaction score
It's OK that Stephen doesn't come out publicly and say, "Yeah, I think he's done." But as a friend, he should be telling him to retire behind the scenes.

RS12

Reaction score
Stephen sounds a little more realistic but the veteran at this point will be somebody like Geno Smith. In which case go with Dak.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
We'll be okay with Dak. Like Stephen said, the team really responds to him and he (along with Elliott) can do a lot of damage on the ground. That is going to open things up in the passing game way more than it is for most rookies.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the future.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't he the son of that guy that said they weren't even going to x-ray Romo's back? Am I the only one that noticed how awkward Romo looked just trying to slide safely. The man cannot adequately protect himself and he needs to sit down with his wife and talk this over. How much punishment can a man's back take before he can't even bend down pick up one of his kids any longer? I admire courage but there is a point when that becomes ridiculous.

They put Romo back there and that's like putting a wounded gazelle in the middle of a pride of lions. Football is survival of the fittest and he is not fit to play the game any longer.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
It's OK that Stephen doesn't come out publicly and say, "Yeah, I think he's done." But as a friend, he should be telling him to retire behind the scenes.
Stephen Jones: "I want to thank you all for being here. Let's not beat around the bush. Man, we are screwed. Screewwwwed! I want to apologize in advance to all of our season ticket holders and sponsors, but pack it in, folks. We had a legitimate shot but Romo's back let us down. We're already taking resumes for the HC position in 2017 because Garrett is poised to give us another top-5 pick in the 2017 draft. I hate you all as I hate my own life. Daddy, let's blow this popsicle stand and gets some more of that blue koolaid."

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll be okay with Dak. Like Stephen said, the team really responds to him and he (along with Elliott) can do a lot of damage on the ground. That is going to open things up in the passing game way more than it is for most rookies.

You know there's a part of me that shares that excitement.

dstew60105

Reaction score

But what's the real timeline for Romo. Broaddas says 4-6, Crapaport says 6-10. Which one is it?