Recap: Stephen Jones discusses QB situation

perrykemp

Reaction score
But what's the real timeline for Romo. Broaddas says 4-6, Crapaport says 6-10. Which one is it?

Remember the endless debates last season on whether the optimistic or conservative injury return estimates for Dez and Romo were true?

My recollection is they both came back on the earlier side, neither were fully healed, and both rebroke bones.

Sure you want earlier? Are you confident enough in the training staff?

RS12

Reaction score
Remember the endless debates last season on whether the optimistic or conservative injury return estimates for Dez and Romo were true?

My recollection is they both came back on the earlier side, neither were fully healed, and both rebroke bones.

Sure you want earlier? Are you confident enough in the training staff?

Bingo. Remember last year with thread after thread of "wait til week 11 when Romo get back". How'd that go? By the time he recovers and shakes off the rust it wont matter this year. Lets see what they have in Dak.

jday

Reaction score
A just as good if not better QB will likely be on the streets in a couple of weeks and with the Cowboys waiver position they should be able to snag who they want.

Proximo

Reaction score
I don't think they're considering a veteran QB to start. They need a QB for depth. I don't think they're concerned about DAk, but they're one hit away from starting Showers. So it's more about Showers than Dak, IMO.

Agreed. It's Dak's job to lose. And in limited preseason action he's looked MUCH better than any other backup, rookie, or UDFA QB has in this offense in years.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I don't think they're considering a veteran QB to start. They need a QB for depth. I don't think they're concerned about DAk, but they're one hit away from starting Showers. So it's more about Showers than Dak, IMO.

That's true but my god look at the options.

TJ Yates
Dan Orlovsky
Mike Glennon
Josh McCown

On and on and on...

I think I'd rather go with Jamielle.

SaltyNovice

CowboysRangers
Reaction score
But what's the real timeline for Romo. Broaddas says 4-6, Crapaport says 6-10. Which one is it?

I think you have to look at history. Romo has not done well returning early from injuries. I can't decide whether the man has "brittle bones" or he is just the unluckiest QB ever. I too am a little excited to watch our "rookies" - you never know they may just take off running for the "most" part. I know they will have their growing pains but it may just be time to turn the page on this team....

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I love Dak and am inspired by his play. I think he's our future. But it wouldn't matter if he went 4-0 the first month. It's not Tony's job, it's Tony's team

Craig

Reaction score
I was really counting on taking dak in the last round of my keeper league...the 17th...im about to be up in the 12th and used my 13th for a keeper. I think i need to pull the trigger now. Fffffff

Craig

Reaction score
The recovery timeframe is 6-10. I have to assume 4-6 is an optimistic look at which week he returns...but i havent looked at either of their soecific comments.