Recap: Stephen Jones discusses QB situation

dallasdave

Reaction score
I think so too. I am not thinking super bowl any more but watching Dak in the preseason gives me some hope. He got a little moxie to him. He's confident, he displays confident body language and can make the throws. I know everyone is saying "well it's vanilla defense in preseason" and I agree but I counter that argument when you compare him to the other rookie QB's that played in the preseason with the same vanilla defenses. Bottom line is Dak stood out amongst the rookies and even some veterans.
Here's the pros of Dak:
improved accuracy from college
good pocket awareness
keeps his head high while scrambling looking for plays down the field
Can make plays running
Can throw the deep ball and show some touch on screen passes
Seems like a smart player and puts the ball where only our guy can get it, no stupid turnovers

Here's the Cons for Dak:
Rookie
Rookie
Rookie
Rookie
and lack of regular season experience
Hasn't played against a defense that has game planned against him

There was a lot of people who wanted to cut ties with Romo and start the new era with the fourth pick in the draft and get a QB. Well I look at this as best of both worlds. I think we have the best QB from the draft, at least that what it looks like now, and Romo will be out for a while so we can see if the Kid has what it takes to win games for us. We'll get a taste of the future with the possibility of not losing the entire season.

Let's think positive guys, everything happens for a reason.

I think Dak can win us games and keep us competitive till #9 gets back in 8 weeks. That's my prediction, 8 weeks and we'll be 5-3.
Dak Attack !!! Dak is going to be good !!!

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Couldn't they have replayed the exact same interview from last year?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As a proud vet I care about what people say or portray when representing this great country.

As a fellow vet, we fought for him to have the right to voice his displeasure with the way certain people are treated in this "great country"

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"...we'll get through this quickly?????" That is a very disturbing statement if you ask me.

jnday

Reaction score
Hes an athlete so i couldnt care less what he has to say. He can stay away because hes awful.
I care because he showed a lack of class and I don't want that type of player in the locker room.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Isn't he the son of that guy that said they weren't even going to x-ray Romo's back? Am I the only one that noticed how awkward Romo looked just trying to slide safely. The man cannot adequately protect himself and he needs to sit down with his wife and talk this over. How much punishment can a man's back take before he can't even bend down pick up one of his kids any longer? I admire courage but there is a point when that becomes ridiculous.

They put Romo back there and that's like putting a wounded gazelle in the middle of a pride of lions. Football is survival of the fittest and he is not fit to play the game any longer.

Exactly, Romo needs to just stop and sit down.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Yes. Disgruntled. Angry about such trivial things.
Wasn't talking about his standing or sitting. If you would like to talk about that, I'm game but don't come with conjecture or feelings not based on any facts because you'll be blown away. Meaning don't waste my time.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wasn't talking about his standing or sitting. If you would like to talk about that, I'm game but don't come with conjecture or feelings not based on any facts because you'll be blown away. Meaning don't waste my time.

Write a clear post. You do that and what you mean to say becomes clear. That's just basic written communication kid.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Write a clear post. You do that and what you mean to say becomes clear. That's just basic written communication kid.
It was you that made this muddy by assuming I meant something political in nature. Not a kid and much more educated on this subject than you are obviously.