Stephen Jones doesn’t know how to manage the CAP

Maxmadden

Reaction score
:lmao2:

You should do stand-up comedy.
I use to think he/she was posting becasue he/she wanted to troll.

But now I realize he/she isn't trying to troll or be comedic. I can only assume he/she wants attention for being stupid. Which is granted.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Wasted 11 million on tagging a bottom top 10 TE and then proceeds not to workout a contract. Why tag him in the 1st first place and let Amari go?

Meanwhile SB champs and 2x SB appearance in the same decade gets to keep their core player while adding depth via FA.

This season failure will be all due to Stephen Jones.

Wrong, cap boy is running circles around the rest of the league look at his track record.

Loso86

Reaction score
Wasted 11 million on tagging a bottom top 10 TE and then proceeds not to workout a contract. Why tag him in the 1st first place and let Amari go?

Meanwhile SB champs and 2x SB appearance in the same decade gets to keep their core player while adding depth via FA.

Um..lol put the drink down brother. He's actually pretty well at the Cap. You can't look at 1 year. You have to look ahead years as well. Seems like they don't want him or either wanted to keep him and see if they could draft his replacement or see how he plays this year....that's wht the Cap is for man....lol

LittleD

Reaction score
How are Rams signing all these players?
What CAP strategy are they using to fit all these contracts?

Who cares...We like our guys and they like their guys. We pay less and they pay way more. We get value for our dollars and they live on their cap credit card.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Am I missing something or are you “ tagged “ with the team and FO belief you show up for work and “ work “ = have a good season to get that next big contract . You look like a one man show not a team player when you pull a stunt like Schultz has done.

Guys like Schultz have a players Union for a reason and franchise tagging a player is in the collective bargaining agreement . If I’m the FO I see how the season unfolds before going to the safe in Jerry’s office and open it up . If you want to play tough guy Schultz then Dallas plug in Ferguson & McKeon .

CWR

Reaction score
Since when is the TE that was 6th in yardage and 4th in TD's a bottom 10 TE?

You don't have to be a fan of Schultz, but you don't have to be ridiculously and irrationally negative about him either.

This board is so foolishly polar it's hilarious. I'm not sold on Schultz, but can acknowledge hes a good player.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
May I add that Stephen Jones doesn't know how to manage the cap or anything else vaguely pertinent to the benefit of the C'boys' organization.

Kindly forgive me for my atrocious ramblings hereabouts -- I'm merely vainly attempting to add something of note to such mischievous madness.

CCBoy

Reaction score
:lmao2:

You should do stand-up comedy.

I was a soldier...but in a season that demands a tight end to produce close to 1000 yards receiving, and he holds out for rock star concert money...sorry, he looses my respect and don't let his door hit his butt leaving town.

Top star moneys - with Ukraine pushing food hunger and gas prices up world wide, because of Russia...

Get real, 'super star' end...

Flamma

Reaction score
How are Rams signing all these players?
What CAP strategy are they using to fit all these contracts?

Who are all of these players? They have a handful of good players they're paying. Kupp, Wagner, these contracts are not outrageous. People are acting like they have half the team making 25M a year. They have a handful of very good players at key positions.

Besides pushing money forward, they're also probably staggering contracts so that all of the big cap hits don't happen soon, or at the same time. Then when they do in years to come, the cap is higher and maybe a player or two retire.

Flamma

Reaction score
Am I missing something or are you “ tagged “ with the team and FO belief you show up for work and “ work “ = have a good season to get that next big contract . You look like a one man show not a team player when you pull a stunt like Schultz has done.

Guys like Schultz have a players Union for a reason and franchise tagging a player is in the collective bargaining agreement . If I’m the FO I see how the season unfolds before going to the safe in Jerry’s office and open it up . If you want to play tough guy Schultz then Dallas plug in Ferguson & McKeon .

Remember, he's missing voluntary stuff.

I don't know if people do this anymore, but years ago people would forego a vacation or two at the company they worked for because they thought that was what was expected of them. That would never be me. Which is why I worked for unions all of my life. So I can't blame him for doing the same.

Acceptablename

Reaction score

Maybe they only want him one year. Or maybe their history is to wait till right before signing deadline.
Your conclusion is odd:rolleyes:

kskboys

Reaction score
Who are all of these players? They have a handful of good players they're paying. Kupp, Wagner, these contracts are not outrageous. People are acting like they have half the team making 25M a year. They have a handful of very good players at key positions.

Besides pushing money forward, they're also probably staggering contracts so that all of the big cap hits don't happen soon, or at the same time. Then when they do in years to come, the cap is higher and maybe a player or two retire.
Stafford did not insist on a maxed out deal.

Flamma

Reaction score
Stafford did not insist on a maxed out deal.

Right. And his big cap hit don't come until 2024. Even then they could restructure him. Their top 4 cap hits...

24M
23M
!8M
13M

Everyone else is under 10 million. Wagner is a 2.5M cap hit. Really it's only Donald that's getting crazy money. But he's a freak.

I also think the production you get from your top paid players means a ton. The less dead weight the better.

kskboys

Reaction score
Right. And his big cap hit don't come until 2024. Even then they could restructure him. Their top 4 cap hits...

24M
23M
!8M
13M

Everyone else is under 10 million. Wagner is a 2.5M cap hit. Really it's only Donald that's getting crazy money. But he's a freak.

I also think the production you get from your top paid players means a ton. The less dead weight the better.

Cooper Kupp quote: "I want a contract that makes sense for everyone." Team player, and a real man.