Stephen Jones doesn’t know how to manage the CAP

CCBoy

Reaction score
If talk is about Stephen and contract effectiveness...

Not only did the Cowboys get a gift in CeeDee Lamb in round one of 2020, but they scored again by landing Trevon Diggs with the 51st overall pick. Add in Parsons this past season, and Stephen and the Scouts have immediate direction re-established, here and now. Add in this year's Smith and Williams, and change and talent has flipped around, if they are solid as well. I don't doubt they shall.

The offense needs stabillity for two seasons, now...

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
If talk is about Stephen and contract effectiveness...

Not only did the Cowboys get a gift in CeeDee Lamb in round one of 2020, but they scored again by landing Trevon Diggs with the 51st overall pick. Add in Parsons this past season, and Stephen and the Scouts have immediate direction re-established, here and now. Add in this year's Smith and Williams, and change and talent has flipped around, if they are solid as well. I don't doubt they shall.

The offense needs stabillity for two seasons, now...

Stephen didn’t scout any of those player and he is the one who picked Taco over Watts.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Stephen didn’t scout any of those player and he is the one who picked Taco over Watts.
(coughing loudly....)

Myth of myth's...coaches have no say on discussions of draft rankings, not Jerry, unless there's a real question mark.

:facepalm:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
(coughing loudly....)

Myth of myth's...coaches have no say on discussions of draft rankings, not Jerry, unless there's a real question mark.

:facepalm:

I think it's also already common knowledge that it was Rod who was adamant that Watt "didn't fit his scheme" and advocated Taco over him. As a very wise man once said.. "If a great player doesn't fit your scheme, then change your scheme."

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That tag was among the cheapest but I think they underestimated what he would want in a long term deal.

He thinks his rankings and stats for 2021 are worth a lot more than they do.

Players that perform in their contract year want to get paid and why should he be any different?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think it's also already common knowledge that it was Rod who was adamant that Watt "didn't fit his scheme" and advocated Taco over him. As a very wise man once said.. "If a great player doesn't fit your scheme, then change your scheme."
On all sports teams, one man won't change how it works...not even if it is the Wizard of Oz.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I imagine dak wanted to keep shultz for this year as he was the go to guy for dak so often.
with that in mind he is worth the tag price.
but I guess he is not happy about no contract, from what I read.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Remember, he's missing voluntary stuff.

I don't know if people do this anymore, but years ago people would forego a vacation or two at the company they worked for because they thought that was what was expected of them. That would never be me. Which is why I worked for unions all of my life. So I can't blame him for doing the same.

Let’s see when “ voluntary “ becomes “ mandatory “ if Schultz is still sulking . From everything said and clips in college of Ferguson if I’m Jones not in a big hurry to go big on Schultz. See how the season unfolds.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

Jerry said it in public it was Stephen who forced the Taco pick. It was Jerry pushing to get Micah.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry said it in public it was Stephen who forced the Taco pick. It was Jerry pushing to get Micah.
Did he really? Land sakes alive, what a moron.

That sort of stuff needs to be kept in house. Unless you suck really bad at GM and need a scapegoat!!!!!

Batman1980

Reaction score
Did he really? Land sakes alive, what a moron.

That sort of stuff needs to be kept in house. Unless you suck really bad at GM and need a scapegoat!!!!!

EarlyOffbeatGosling-size_restricted.gif

visionary

Reaction score
Wasted 11 million on tagging a bottom top 10 TE and then proceeds not to workout a contract. Why tag him in the 1st first place and let Amari go?

Meanwhile SB champs and 2x SB appearance in the same decade gets to keep their core player while adding depth via FA.

This season failure will be all due to Stephen Jones.

Yeah, the idiot gave 42 million to an average QB
:muttley:

conner01

Reaction score
Wasted 11 million on tagging a bottom top 10 TE and then proceeds not to workout a contract. Why tag him in the 1st first place and let Amari go?

Meanwhile SB champs and 2x SB appearance in the same decade gets to keep their core player while adding depth via FA.

This season failure will be all due to Stephen Jones.
What is a bottom top?
Is that the top of your bottom or the bottom of your top

conner01

Reaction score
Philly did it for a few years but it caught up with them.

Pay your credit card with another credit card.

It's worth it if it results in Super Bowl wins.

Most teams that tried it failed (Washington, etc..).

Cowboys tried it in the Romo era but it failed.
For the 2024 season the rams are 41 million over the projected cap. Now cap may go up higher than projected but generally these projections are pretty accurate
You can do lots of things for a period of time but it eventually catches up to you and it’s rarely worked
It worked for the rams but it’s failed more than it’s worked

Bates

Reaction score
I imagine dak wanted to keep shultz for this year as he was the go to guy for dak so often.
with that in mind he is worth the tag price.
but I guess he is not happy about no contract, from what I read.

yes, most players don’t want to have just a year remaining on their contract because injury could end their career. Just looking out for what’s best for him and his family. It’s a short term job with tons of pay while you got it. I’ll have a problem with him not practicing once it’s required.