Twitter: Stephen Jones: Expect three or four roster moves this week

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Don't get too excited. I expect two of these are practice squad additions. Another is Dunbar to IR. Then addition of a player to fill his spot.

No ones getting excited over any players picked up off the street during the first week of Dec. Sorry to burst your bubble.

khiladi

Reaction score
why hasent any other team picked up seymour

Too expensive and he only wants to play for a contender. There was an article, and if I remember correctly, his wife may be a factor in specific teams, based on location.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Well they need to add a RB with Dunbar out (IR), and the PS needs a QB for scout teams. That's three right there.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Which RB though? Anyone want to take a crack at it?

Tashard Choice. Since Vick is no longer playing, Jerry thinks he will not ask for an autograph in week 17. Dallas will trade next years 3rd pick for him and some cash :oops:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Someone had a decent list of free-agent RB's on here.

There was one or two that were intriguing.

funkytown

Reaction score
There are former big names like Michael Turner, Cedric Benson, and Beanie Wells out there. Javon Ringer is a good name too.

The guy i'd look at is Joe McKnight. Has legal problems due to some traffic violations but he he is super quick. Would fit the Dunbar change of pace spot.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Wanted Seymour but his demands are insane.

Why not bring in Jerrell Powe, Trevor Scott, Lawrence Jackson, S or Ronnell Lewis. All recently played for 4-3 teams (TB, Detroit) in 2012. Lawrence and Scott at least have had decent production thru career. At the very least Lewis would be an upgrade at ST over guys like Edgar Jones, Kyle Bosworth, Orie Lemon or Cameron Lawrence.

As for change of pace backs, Joe McKnight, Miguel Masonet and even Kendial Lawrence are still out there. McKnight is the best fit and most likely to provide immediate impact on offense & ST because has played for Callahan.

And LB depth is thin, Cowboys need to be as aggressive as they are with DL, I would bring in guys every week, work out nasty run & chase butathletes like Keith Pough, Quan Sturdivant, TaylorReed, Sean Loiseau and even young "busts" like Aaron Curry, Aaron Maybin and Sam Mountgomery. Could unearth another Selvie type. Immediate impact 4-3 vets like Brian Rolle, Tim Shaw and Gary Guyton are plug and play guys who can run, cover and hit with 4.5 or better speed.

XxTDxX

Reaction score
There are former big names like Michael Turner, Cedric Benson, and Beanie Wells out there. Javon Ringer is a good name too.

The guy i'd look at is Joe McKnight. Has legal problems due to some traffic violations but he he is super quick. Would fit the Dunbar change of pace spot.

McKnight has a lot of talent but is the opposite of RKG.. not only because of the off the field issues but based on the fact that he doesn't seem to care about football.. He failed his conditioning test with the Jets this year and had no muscle tone in preseason which tells me he spent 0 time this offseason working out.

I don't think we bring in a guy who doesn't seem to have any passion.. Football isn't "Important" to him