News: Stephen Jones: "Goal is to get Dak signed by week 1"

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones says the team is aiming to finalize an extension for quarterback Dak Prescott before the start of the 2024 regular season.
marcus-mumford-driving.gif

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry didn't inform his son of the plan to let Dak play out his final year without an extension. Masterclass ambiguity, Jerry. :thumbup::thumbup:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sounds like they are going to get it done. Trust me, Stephen Jones knows exactly what it will take to get Dak to sign. I doubt he would make such a statement w/o intent on getting it done. My guess.......Dak signs a 4 year extension $57-58M.

This also tells me they were never going to use extra cap space from Dak's extension to sign any quality free agents. Instead, the savings would be in signing CeeDee and Parsons.

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Sounds like they are going to get it done. Trust me, Stephen Jones knows exactly what it will take to get Dak to sign. I doubt he would make such a statement w/o intent on getting it done. My guess.......Dak signs a 4 year extension $57-58M.

This also tells me they were never going to use extra cap space from Dak's extension to sign any quality free agents. Instead, the savings would be in signing CeeDee and Parsons.
Or the Cowboys are trying to sell fans they’re trying to sign Dak and if it doesn’t happen it’s because Dak does not want to sign with them.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
In other words, they’re gonna fold aren’t they? I mean why all this posturing and nonsense knowing what they are doing in the end? Oh yeah, it’s Jerry and his idiot offspring. Guess another 4 years of failure added to this mess….

Carson

Reaction score
In other words, they’re gonna fold aren’t they? I mean why all this posturing and nonsense knowing what they are doing in the end? Oh yeah, it’s Jerry and his idiot offspring. Guess another 4 years of failure added to this mess….
Of course they are going to sign him. If he plays out his final year, 0 chance he returns. He would the #1 free agent and some team would pay him $65+ per year

plymkr

Reaction score
Of course they’re going to fold. My prediction is he signs for 3 years 61 million APY with NTC and NFT.