News: Stephen Jones: "Goal is to get Dak signed by week 1"

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak lovers once again....................
86u5ym.jpg

Keep dreaming and hoping but in the end, he is going into battle (against real teams this season) on a lame duck last year's contract!!!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
In other words, they’re gonna fold aren’t they? I mean why all this posturing and nonsense knowing what they are doing in the end? Oh yeah, it’s Jerry and his idiot offspring. Guess another 4 years of failure added to this mess….
Could be a 6 year deal. They need to spread it out and kick the can down the road.

GM Jethro style.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In other words, they’re gonna fold aren’t they? I mean why all this posturing and nonsense knowing what they are doing in the end? Oh yeah, it’s Jerry and his idiot offspring. Guess another 4 years of failure added to this mess….
Post of your life, same thing I've been saying all summer long. We know you're going to sign them so why act as if you're not

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Of course they are going to sign him. If he plays out his final year, 0 chance he returns. He would the #1 free agent and some team would pay him $65+ per year
Nope. No team is going to sign him for that. His only options will be a bottom feeder for less than 50 million. Nobody is going to marry themselves to an old, failed QB for all time dollars except maybe the JonesBoys. Nobody smart or sane is going to do that.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Of course they are going to sign him. If he plays out his final year, 0 chance he returns. He would the #1 free agent and some team would pay him $65+ per year
Lol no team is signing Dak Prescott for $65m.

1. He isnt worth it, market be damned

2. The GM/Owner offering him that type of contract would fall out of favor with the other front offices around the league for setting the QB Market that high

Now guaranteed money is a different story

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If he doesn’t come with CeeDee in the package, that $60 million QB may look like a $30 million QB.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey....don't look at us we want Dak here!
Don't pay any attention to the limp! We're not!
After all Romo’s back didn't stop us!
We're football people, right Pa?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think this is the most obvious outcome.

Look, even if you dont think Dak is worth $60 a year (I agree, he is not)................you have to have a legit replacement before you just let Dak walk.

Lance is not ready and Rush is a career backup........they are not viable replacements, in fact there is currently no viable replacement on the roster for Dak.

That is the issue, not that people dont want to move on from Dak, but you have to have a viable replacement before you make a move like that. Drafting a QB or two the past couple of years could have helped, but they didnt do that.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words so will have to see it get done but I never once for one moment thought dak would not be here long term. Hate him, love him or if you’re indifferent about him- Jerry is not gonna let him walk. They won’t do it. Never was even considered imo.

If they truly wanted to move on from him, whether I agree or not I’d at least respect they chose a path. I’d be ok with the decision and I’m someone who overall has supported dak.

am curious to see now all these posters who have flexed for months that dak would be gone - how they handle eating crow. If he is resigned, it’ll be “dak over Dallas” lines when in reality many here would rather the team lose to make their opinions right then lose and be wrong

John813

Reaction score
I'm not upset at potentially re-signing Dak. Moreso at the Front office for dragging their *** again in the offseason and purposely delaying his signing to look cap poor.

All the while hoping and praying that guys like Mazi and Carl Davis are the answer at 1 DT spot, or letting Armstrong/Fowler walk and putting their eggs in the basket of Williams(IR) and a rook

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words so will have to see it get done but I never once for one moment thought dak would not be here long term. Hate him, love him or if you’re indifferent about him- Jerry is not gonna let him walk. They won’t do it. Never was even considered imo.

If they truly wanted to move on from him, whether I agree or not I’d at least respect they chose a path. I’d be ok with the decision and I’m someone who overall has supported dak.

am curious to see now all these posters who have flexed for months that dak would be gone - how they handle eating crow. If he is resigned, it’ll be “dak over Dallas” lines when in reality many here would rather the team lose to make their opinions right then lose and be wrong
We're going to fold with or without Dak so it doesn't really matter if he's here or not. Going to be interesting watching the pressure get to him, If he thought the pressure was bad before wait until now. Especially with a tougher schedule and no running game. I was right about Romo and I'll be right about Dak. In the end though the fake GM is the real problem in Dallas.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Good post bro, I agree...........................what does "Dak over Dallas" even mean, I have seen that several times in threads and its just beyond stupid.

I have seen several of the high-profile Dak haters say they will leave this forum if Dak is resigned, but I doubt it.

Jipper

Reaction score
If Jerry caves and gives him a 60m a year deal at this point he will look more dumb than if he had done it months ago...he has to let dak play it out and stick to the plan...if they are sitting at 10-3 with 4 games to go I see Jerry pulling yhe trigger there thinking he has seen enough...problem is we will all know at that point what is coming

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

2. The GM/Owner offering him that type of contract would fall out of favor with the other front offices around the league for setting the QB Market that high

1) If he waits until after the season he will be worth it in someones eyes whether that's actually true or not.

2) The market is already set around $65M if we go off of the 2025 projected cap, which could be what Dak is going for. Burrow already set the market at that rate getting just a tick under 24.5% of the cap when he signed. He also got 80% of that in guaranteed money. Project those numbers into the 2025 cap and you get somewhere in the $65-68M range with around $53-55M guaranteed each year depending on just how much the cap goes up. I can only guess like everyone else, but I would guess this is where the holdup is along with possibly some issue around the number of years as well. Jerry probably doesnt want to pay tomorrows price today, and Dak is going off future numbers because that is when hes a free agent.

Chasing6

Reaction score

I remember a month ago, no one was signing him for $55M.

What has changed since then?

Trance looked like hot garbage.