News: Stephen Jones: "Goal is to get Dak signed by week 1"

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Trey bombed so hard we have no choice now. Cowboys put themselves in a bad position betting on that bust.
I find it very fascinating that people actually think the 49ers would trade us a potential franchise QB.

If Lance had any juice at all, you can dam well better believe that the 49ers would have never traded him to a team they have played in the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. They would have shipped him off to some AFC wasteland to never be heard of again, its the same reason you almost never trade stud players within the division.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Horrible take.

Lance has nothing to do with Dak chasing money in free agency.
If Lance would have dropped 300 yds, 4 TDs, and put a 40 burger on those sorry arse Rams, the pressure to sign Dak before week 1 would be significantly less.

Like, do you think it is just a big coincidence that our WR core looked like trash against the Rams and all of a sudden Lamb is getting a contract offer for $33 mill a season?

They could have signed Lamb 6 months ago with that offer, but maybe they wanted to see what life without CD looked like and it was bad, real bad. They now have verification that Lamb is not easily replaceable by some USFL castoff and a 3rd round underachiever.

There is a reason certain players can demand "top of the market contracts" and others cant...................Lamb is one who can and I suspect Dak will be one as well very soon.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If Lance would have dropped 300 yds, 4 TDs, and put a 40 burger on those sorry arse Rams, the pressure to sign Dak before week 1 would be significantly less.

Like, do you think it is just a big coincidence that our WR core looked like trash against the Rams and all of a sudden Lamb is getting a contract offer for $33 mill a season?

They could have signed Lamb 6 months ago with that offer, but maybe they wanted to see what life without CD looked like and it was bad, real bad. They now have verification that Lamb is not easily replaceable by some USFL castoff and a 3rd round underachiever.

There is a reason certain players can demand "top of the market contracts" and others cant...................Lamb is one who can and I suspect Dak will be one as well very soon.
I believe Jerry Jones has accepted he may not be able to sign Dak. Lance’s performance in preseason, good or not, won’t make a difference. If he can’t get Lamb satisfied the next Cowboys quarterback will be that much more challenged.