News: Stephen Jones: "Goal is to get Dak signed by week 1"

blueblood70

Reaction score
I guess it depends on how hard he’s been working out. I’m sure he’s doing training to lessen the chance of a soft tissue issue as well. But you’re right, he’ll start off a little rusty. But even a rusty Lamb is better than no Lamb.
They all start off rusty none of them get enough true work over the preseason games.. I mean right now look at around the league how many guys are now out for the season or have injuries that might take them into the regular season like Edoga on our team I mean you could have it that way you have guys like Brandon cooks going out practice now he's limping he's sword I mean what's which is better I don't think there is a better... Although I hope the coaches start lessening practice for the veterans and start putting them in bubble wrap because I don't care if they seem rusty I'd rather have them a little rusty then banged up already..

Go look at the major injuries around the league some of them are just practiced we've seen it with Sean Lee going out in practice completely tearing his ACL basically just moving half speed I mean you have to find a fine line with this but I don't think city lamb's gonna be out of shape he's actually been working extra hard this last season because he's put on weight and whatnot so I'm not that worried the man had how many targets and snaps last year worked all season I think it's a little bit of a false narrative that these guys won't play well the whole entire league has not been playing the game speed and usually takes the first game before they even get all the soreness take them into the third game of the season before they're in full game shape and ready to go....

Flamma

Reaction score
I guess it depends on how hard he’s been working out. I’m sure he’s doing training to lessen the chance of a soft tissue issue as well. But you’re right, he’ll start off a little rusty. But even a rusty Lamb is better than no Lamb.
This is exactly right. This is on Lamb. If he's in top physical condition, it won't matter. If you remember many years ago, top players used to miss camp because they hated it. They still played well come game time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is exactly right. This is on Lamb. If he's in top physical condition, it won't matter. If you remember many years ago, top players used to miss camp because they hated it. They still played well come game time.
Exactly but you do realize it takes probably at least the third game of the season before all the starters are actually in real game shape like truly ready to play maximum numbers of snaps without needing a blow or a breather you can't simulate that in practice where is where your three quarter speed you're not tackling you're not having to get up off the ground over and over so it doesn't matter if the guys laid off like all these guys that were hurt like Overshown they're using them back in these guys are not ready for football until after they play a full game of football.. Like I said what I've seen is it's game three before these guys are already for full go and have all their stamina back...

Flamma

Reaction score
Exactly but you do realize it takes probably at least the third game of the season before all the starters are actually in real game shape like truly ready to play maximum numbers of snaps without needing a blow or a breather you can't simulate that in practice where is where your three quarter speed you're not tackling you're not having to get up off the ground over and over so it doesn't matter if the guys laid off like all these guys that were hurt like Overshown they're using them back in these guys are not ready for football until after they play a full game of football.. Like I said what I've seen is it's game three before these guys are already for full go and have all their stamina back...
I've played sports 24/7 from the age of 8-25. I played sports, ran, and was in top physical condition at all times. I didn't need camp. CD will be just fine.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've played sports 24/7 from the age of 8-25. I played sports, ran, and was in top physical condition at all times. I didn't need camp. CD will be just fine.
I agree with that that's one thing we're not arguing about LOL

but all NFL players need the first couple of games to get into really full game shape you know building up the full stamina of the full speed 60 minute game that's the entire NFL...

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
The Jones boys don't believe its wasted, another 4 years of 12-5 mediocrity would make them jubilant.
I don’t disagree to a point except I wouldn’t call 12-5 “mediocrity”
The teams playoff failures suck and what most fans want to see improved now. Hardly mediocrity for a team to go 12-5 and make playoffs (again not the goal just making it ).
There are many fanbases that would accept that sort of “mediocrity”
We as Cowboy fans and other top team fanbases expect the goal as to win in the playoffs
Maybe sniff a championship game at least once in 3 decades - I’m just glad I’m old enough to recall and have enjoyed 5 Super Bowl wins
Just want to see it again before I die

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak signs before Week 1 just to get dog walked and embarrassed by a good Browns defense in Week 1.

Dak being Dak against a good defense immediately after signing his deal.

It would be poetic.

Flamma

Reaction score
I agree with that that's one thing we're not arguing about LOL

but all NFL players need the first couple of games to get into really full game shape you know building up the full stamina of the full speed 60 minute game that's the entire NFL...
I think a lot of these injuries happen because players are all maxed out physically. CD's body type looks otherwise. He's lean and ready to go.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I understand you feeling that way. You consistently say stupid stuff and I hold you accountable on the dumb stuff you say and now I’m the bad guy. Stop saying dumb stuff then. You’re the one who sits here afraid of mods that’s a you problem not me.
Dumb things like you can get some good players for 5ish MM per. What a clown you are. Picking fights with people all the time. I am just going to block you now because this will just devolve and you will go running to the mods.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dumb things like you can get some good players for 5ish MM per. What a clown you are. Picking fights with people all the time. I am just going to block you now because this will just devolve and you will go running to the mods.
Please do. Just block me. That way you can go back to no one even noticing you even exist. Bye.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak signs before Week 1 just to get dog walked and embarrassed by a good Browns defense in Week 1.

It would be poetic.
Damn. You are changing your tune. Go back to Dak is gone and Lance is gonna replace him.

fivetwos

Reaction score

It would be poetic.
Poetic? I dunno. That’s more your thing lol.

If they can remain relatively healthy, they will be at least in the playoff discussion all season, but I think they are going to get absolutely smoked in Cleveland’s home opener.

That defense is real, and they will gash us on both lines all day. There’s money to be made but I’m not so sure I can do that.

With six of the final nine at home, among other situations that may take time to develop, this is shaping up to be a rare Dallas team that finishes better than it starts.

Maybe it’s a 9-8 team that squeaks in but finally wins more than one playoff game in a season. The bar has been lowered considerably to accommodate Jerry’s ego.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So Jerry is going to cave before week 1.
Jerry is an easy mark, after Zeke literally pants Jerry right infront of the team its hard for anybody to have any respect for you after that.

Lamb is going to get paid, Dak is going to get paid, and Parsons is going to get paid..............did anybody really think this dog and pony show to keep Dallas in the headlines was actually real?

This was orchestrated to have Dallas as the lead off discussion on every sports show and radio talk show all off-season.

Did you guys actually think Jerry was going to let Mr. Sleep Comfort and media darling QB who sells jerseys like hot cakes walk out the door and replace him with some 49er castoff?

Did you guys seriously think this was actually going to happen................please tell Beast nobody fell for it, even if its a lie, Beast will believe you:flagwave: