News: Stephen Jones: "Goal is to get Dak signed by week 1"

Flamma

Reaction score
The pressure is different in the regular season than the playoffs. Those deer in the headlight looks aren't leaving. They are panic attacks. I know that look. I've had them.
I know. But there are regular season examples as well. We usually win going away, or hold on to win. We rarely have last minute drives to win or tie the game. We usually fall short.

Proof

Reaction score
its just gut feeling that what they are TRYING to do.. will it unfold that way, meh i don't know. Stay tuned never a dull moment at the star.

No different than Ayuke and Trent brown, yet far less talked about its not DC related =less news converge.
it's different in that it's a marquee qb on the precipice of hitting FA.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Of course they are going to sign him. If he plays out his final year, 0 chance he returns. He would the #1 free agent and some team would pay him $65+ per year
I would be greatful to any team that would do that, outside of the Cowboys.

blueblood70

Reaction score
it's different in that it's a marquee qb on the precipice of hitting FA.
Not really how how do you know that in free agency he comes back to Jerry and shows him the offers and lets him match how do we know he's gone we go so I don't think there's any difference because we have 2024s team ,they're gonna be here they're gonna play and I don't care about 2025 right now.. In time it will all get worked out I'm sure but no the Dallas Cowboys I don't care if they fart sideways or whatever happens they're the lead news stories almost every single day there are far too much cowboy content on Facebook all the stories on Bleacher Report all that it starts with the Cowboys ESPN everything everything the Cowboys do are under a damn microscope... They don't talk about the other teams problems hardly ever it may be in the middle of the day when someone's paying attention they finally get to those stories..

Flamma

Reaction score
Oh I get that it's not how he works...just what I felt would have been the correct course. I think the beginning half of the schedule sets up nicely for them to evaluate whether they want to move on or re-sign him.
Think about it. Lets say we lost a hard fought game something like 35-31 against GB. Would any of this be happening? All of what is happening now is because we looked unprepared and showed a lack of effort. Our defense looked like the 1981 Colts, our QB crapped himself, and our coach did what he normally does in the playoffs, lose. All except for 2010. So yeah, I agree with you. Sign him mid season if need be. No reason what so ever to sign him prior to that.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Classic Cowboys. Or, I should say, classic Jones boys.

CeeDee Lamb is holding out, Dak Prescott is not.

So let's sign the guy already here while having "no sense of urgency" to get a deal done with the team's top offensive weapon. Who's still sitting home in the middle of August.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Classic Cowboys. Or, I should say, classic Jones boys.

CeeDee Lamb is holding out, Dak Prescott is not.

So let's sign the guy already here while having "no sense of urgency" to get a deal done with the team's top offensive weapon. Who's still sitting home in the middle of August.
Patience my friend.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Think about it. Lets say we lost a hard fought game something like 35-31 against GB. Would any of this be happening? All of what is happening now is because we looked unprepared and showed a lack of effort. Our defense looked like the 1981 Colts, our QB crapped himself, and our coach did what he normally does in the playoffs, lose. All except for 2010. So yeah, I agree with you. Sign him mid season if need be. No reason what so ever to sign him prior to that.
Absolutely

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Patience my friend.
Not worried CeeDee won't be ready mentally. But he will need time to ramp back up to football and every day lost now makes it even harder.

What if they don't get Lamb signed until like September 5? Are the Cowboys going to start him against the Browns three days later? Will there be soft tissue injury risks? And so on and so on.

Proof

Reaction score
Not really how how do you know that in free agency he comes back to Jerry and shows him the offers and lets him match how do we know he's gone we go so I don't think there's any difference because we have 2024s team ,they're gonna be here they're gonna play and I don't care about 2025 right now.. In time it will all get worked out I'm sure but no the Dallas Cowboys I don't care if they fart sideways or whatever happens they're the lead news stories almost every single day there are far too much cowboy content on Facebook all the stories on Bleacher Report all that it starts with the Cowboys ESPN everything everything the Cowboys do are under a damn microscope... They don't talk about the other teams problems hardly ever it may be in the middle of the day when someone's paying attention they finally get to those stories..
yeah im not sure what the first part of your reply means, but whether he returns or not, the present reality is that he's a qb on the verge of FA and it's a bigger story than aiyuk for that reason. add in the cowboys media obsession that you've mentioned and it explains it all

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Assuming this deal gets done people are going to freak out over the dollar amounts.

But adjusting for the cap increase, paying Dak around $57 or $58 million per season is actually the same as paying him around $35 million four or five years ago; at least in regards to the percentage of the cap.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Remember Dak fans,

The Joneses tell you their goal every year is winning the Super Bowl even though they do the bare minimum to try and accomplish that goal.

But by all means do not allow reality to stop
you from getting your hopes up.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not worried CeeDee won't be ready mentally. But he will need time to ramp back up to football and every day lost now makes it even harder.

What if they don't get Lamb signed until like September 5? Are the Cowboys going to start him against the Browns three days later? Will there be soft tissue injury risks? And so on and so on.
I guess it depends on how hard he’s been working out. I’m sure he’s doing training to lessen the chance of a soft tissue issue as well. But you’re right, he’ll start off a little rusty. But even a rusty Lamb is better than no Lamb.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
wow how exciting, with this we win the SB, or at least, the team stops being a circus, how good, the best that can happen, more years tied to an inept team that can't even win a playoff game, how excited I am... blah blah blah blah

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I’ve never seen a guy so wanted that they keep repetitively telling us for the past several months that they’ve been working on getting him signed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
yeah im not sure what the first part of your reply means, but whether he returns or not, the present reality is that he's a qb on the verge of FA and it's a bigger story than aiyuk for that reason. add in the cowboys media obsession that you've mentioned and it explains it all
he might really truly wanna be a Dallas cowboy and that even if this goes into March and he becomes a free agent that he comes to Jerry and allows the Dallas Cowboys to match... So until Prescott is not an actual Dallas cowboy I'm not that worried about it and I don't think it is that big a story because this happens all over the NFL this is not this man's second contract they're acting like Jerry's being cheap no Jerry already paid Prescott his second big contract you know the one after his rookie year like he has done with every single superstar on this team since he's owned it that's why I'm not worried about it but they're trying to compare it to all these other guys who ohh look who got signed this offseason and Jerry still hasn't signed his quarterback it's completely different all these other guys who by the way also haven't proven anything in the playoffs and who have also not done anything big in their careers got paid but they're just now got their second deal this is Prescott's third and it's more complicated.. They're trying to make a parallel and I'm saying it's false it's different it's very different Jerry has signed all his superstars to their second deals some didn't even deserve it and they got second deals..

whatever offers he's getting and he stays here maybe he chooses the Cowboys and the Cowboys go ahead and match the offer maybe they have some time to think maybe it gets done in the middle of the season I don't know I'm saying yeah there's possibility he's the only one on the team that you have to worry about though everyone else can get franchise tag they're here they're not going anywhere but the only thing that's important to me is we have a team for 2024 and they will all be on it most of the core team from the last three years are still here... Select enjoy the now not worry about what's gonna happen later and no I think Trent brown one of the best left tackles if not the best left tackles in football is holding out along with their receiver and I don't think there's enough talk about it the fact that jamar chase hasn't been paid they rather talk about Jerry being cheap when this is happening to all teams it's just ours are happening all at once with three big stars and that's why it's complicated especially when we're talking about the quarterback and I get it yes we're talking about the quarterback...

I'm just tired of it it's 24/7 365 about how Jerry's cheap and he should have done this a long time ago when the fact is this is becoming more and more difficult especially when you have this many contracts to do and they all want market money they all wanna set new records... Just like Trayvon diggs his got done easily Jerry wasn't cheap gave him top five money dude sign he was number 4 now he's #5 in money for corners everyone's happy but these other guys are actually partly responsible to blame for the hold up not just Jerry that's my point...

This is only a story because they're making it a story they want to try to spread the narrative that Jerry is cheap is not gonna sign these guys even though they know he will at least I know Parsons and lamb are easily back here but negotiations take time but they're gonna hammer this narrative until it goes away and I don't think they hammer the other stories enough because they're all relative..