Twitter: Stephen Jones hinting Gerald McCoy return?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I dont actually see where McCoy fits here. Is he playing 1T?

Looks to me like Gallimore and Hill are the top 3T guys.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Looks like they are foolishly going to pass on drafting a 3-tech :facepalm:
I'd like to say we have no idea what they are doing, but they have a wonderfully insanity-inducing honesty about what they say into the public domain.
And they stick to it.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
No not at all. I listened to this interview on the GBag Nation and he was simply referring to the amount of starters that suffered season ending injuries. On paper, Gerald was your starting 3T.

I think this Tweet is slightly out of context.

Last edited:

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
All is well, Daddy and I assembled all of this great talent on the shelf.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Maybe he’s been getting sauced with the old man and forgot they released him. Not sure how much help they can realistically expect him to be at this point!
To the contrary.
"I know Gerald in just the short time that we got to know him," Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said Tuesday afternoon. "But knowing from our studies, he'll push. He's a warrior. He'll get back. And in my opinion, he'll end up playing for the Dallas Cowboys, albeit not this year. But i see him putting on a (Cowboys) uniform on in the future." https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-release-gerald-mccoy-via-injury-waiver

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm all for it. These are the type of additions you need to work out. We all want a stud in the first round, but you need the vet free agents to be productive. I think McCoy can do that here. His injury was unfortunate. Hopefully he can stay on the field and help this team 2021.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I do enjoy the taste of mummy meat.

I don't like it playing for my team, but it is what it is.
Stevie runs the show.
7e1f9aa9-bb08-4603-99ba-98a95e924138.jpg

Kaiser

Reaction score
I dont actually see where McCoy fits here. Is he playing 1T?

Looks to me like Gallimore and Hill are the top 3T guys.

Hill and Gallimore have played 1T and we do a lot of 3-4 looks where the DT is essentially at DE. I would take anyone and everyone, McCoy made 3.1 Million this year without playing a snap, I would love to see him in camp on a vet minimum deal because he considered this year's money as a signing bonus (which is was). Sort it out in camp and see what McCoy has left.

The real issue is we need a bulldozer NT.

EJK24

Reaction score
Looks like they are foolishly going to pass on drafting a 3-tech :facepalm:

Even if McCoy and Hill are back we still have a huge weakness at DT.

If they don't draft one or spend in free agency we are going to see the same garbage play from that position again next year.

We have a bunch of names and no one that stands out above the rest.

Looks like we will be bargain bin shopping to fix the defense and then we will wonder why our d is trash again next year.

Zman5

Reaction score
Most likely McCoy will take Crawford's spot. We'll also be playing multiple fronts and he'll probably line up as one of the 3-4 DE along with Hill or Gallimore.

conner01

Reaction score
McCoy still lists the Cowboys on his twitter account, so maybe they have a handshake agreement in place? All for it.
If he’s healthy he can play compared to our other options
Unlike Poe he actually played pretty good last year
5 sacks and 13 QB hits