Twitter: Stephen Jones hinting Gerald McCoy return?

exciter

Reaction score
To the contrary.
"I know Gerald in just the short time that we got to know him," Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said Tuesday afternoon. "But knowing from our studies, he'll push. He's a warrior. He'll get back. And in my opinion, he'll end up playing for the Dallas Cowboys, albeit not this year. But i see him putting on a (Cowboys) uniform on in the future." https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-release-gerald-mccoy-via-injury-waiver
Another year Older and coming off a season ending injury. Call me skeptical. He’s the epitome of why they should stick to their long held belief of not signing FA over 30. But hey, think of all that production he’ll provide on IR!

exciter

Reaction score
In 2019 he had 5 sacks and 13 QB hits
Better than all our DT’s combined
Sure worth looking at him in camp
Problem with looking at him in camp is he would have required a 2nd signing bonus. When it comes out he’s done we’ll be taking a 2nd dead money hit without a snap.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
No. Not really.
Any real MSTie knows though and we be all meeting Jan 12th for The Mads next live show!
Be there, or be... whatever stupid you can think of.

OK I'll ask what's mummy meat and what the heck is MSTie?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan

That show that lasts 1 sometimes 2 years on a channel before they drop them and that lame program has to search for another channel to be on. It was on one of those digital stations local channels have in our area, METV, and they dropped them and a friend that works at the local channel said there are various ways that ad time gets sold, specific programs, only during daytime, only in prime time, late night and not during specific programs. This friend said that more and more companies buying ad time used not during specific programs and they specified Mystery Science Theater. Sandra said things like that they pass on the the METV network and METV would reply saying they to were having problems getting advertisers for during that program because it has such low ratings and a very small number of viewers. They they dropped it

This has been a different week. First I found a Cowboys fan that is also a huge fake wrestling fan and now another fan who is into watching a show that is a show that is like being in a theater and cartoon figures or puppets are sitting in the first row hold conversations during the class C or D movie that is playing.

I guess it takes all kinds..

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That show that lasts 1 sometimes 2 years on a channel before they drop them and that lame program has to search for another channel to be on. It was on one of those digital stations local channels have in our area, METV, and they dropped them and a friend that works at the local channel said there are various ways that ad time gets sold, specific programs, only during daytime, only in prime time, late night and not during specific programs. This friend said that more and more companies buying ad time used not during specific programs and they specified Mystery Science Theater. Sandra said things like that they pass on the the METV network and METV would reply saying they to were having problems getting advertisers for during that program because it has such low ratings and a very small number of viewers. They they dropped it

This has been a different week. First I found a Cowboys fan that is also a huge fake wrestling fan and now another fan who is into watching a show that is a show that is like being in a theater and cartoon figures or puppets are sitting in the first row hold conversations during the class C or D movie that is playing.

I guess it takes all kinds..

Your discussing remakes of the show that was on Comedy Central from 89-96.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'll call BS on that explanation.
:rolleyes:
You seem intent on winning a small point.
Rise from your pettiness,
Rise from your negativity.
Your mom, too, was thinking that McCoy belonged to some other team the way me heart belongs to her.
So, calm down Avoid the swamps, big flying insects and the aggressive seniors from New York. and be glad the Sooners did not embarrass the Gators further.:oops:
I call BS on your judgemental snark. No wonder your mom wants you to move out.
Group homes might be an option for you. That is, if you are not roughed up by the hard-core residents. :muttley:
Hollah!

cern

Reaction score
I do enjoy the taste of mummy meat.

I don't like it playing for my team, but it is what it is.
Stevie runs the show.
Odd that no one has ever mentioned mummy meat on @ranchings game day menu thread. Gives me sass n idea for sunday..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Looks like they are foolishly going to pass on drafting a 3-tech :facepalm:

I actually have no problem re-signing McCoy as long as they do not let it affect the draft. We need better depth as well as better starters. Plus, we can't count on the draft falling in such a way that a DT is the best player we could draft in the first couple of rounds. Of course, I'd rather see us go strong after a younger, quality DT, but I'm not sure who will be available while I'm pretty sure the Joneses won't pay the cost to do that.