Twitter: Stephen Jones: No new defensive backs this week

Jfconrow

Reaction score
They’re staying pat, haven’t even paid Dak why would they bring in other players unless there’s an injury. This is what we have until the draft. I’m ok with it would rather not go for it this year.

strongarmqb

Reaction score
All this from the same guy that told the press for a year that they LOVE Dak Prescott and that he is the future- gonna get him signed- then tripped over pennies and hurt feelings and didn’t get a deal done. Now desperately clearing cap space because- OOPS! Dak wasn’t kidding- now we gotta pay more!!!
But hey- we like our guys..... the same guys letting WRs run free and uncontested through the end zone.

Should have just kept Garrett... wash rinse repeat

Sydla

Reaction score
This is WR circa 2018 all over again. Their stubbornness and stupidity in trusting "their guys" almost cost them and mid-season they had to scramble and give up a #1 pick for a WR. They are doing it all over again with S this year.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Well, if Dak and this Loaded offense can't average 55 points a game so we can win by a field goal, I am so done with this team. (Tee)

Verdict

Reaction score
we have Carr and robinson etc and of the coaches like the ones that Kept Knight and Shultz and didnt give up on HIll etc etc if they think they can get the DBs situated in house let them try..the coaches get the benefit of the doubt,

They may or may not get it done, but it IS early, and they still might right the ship.

Blue64

Reaction score
Awsome. Well you dug your own grave so now sleep in it. Unfortunately hes dragging all of us down with him.
Agreed, unfortunately some fans on this site find the games “entertaining” so we should all sit back and enjoy.

plymkr

Reaction score
So more deep plays this week. Lol
If I was the Browns' coach I would throw it long to OBJ on every play. If we can't stop the Seahawks receivers then how are we going to stop OBJ. The Seahawks receivers made our secondary look like fools.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which further proves they're not trying to win they are perfectly content with close losses. I am not sure how you look at that game yesterday and come to the conclusion you don't need defensive back help on this team.
1-800-ALL PRO Players for reasonable prices...

Beaker42

Reaction score
Which further proves they're not trying to win they are perfectly content with close losses. I am not sure how you look at that game yesterday and come to the conclusion you don't need defensive back help on this team.
We’re T’ing for T

cristglo

Reaction score
who the ef is available thats better? like 100% no doubt better..you look around the league many teams have injuries meaning even whats left is worse then usual..hope they shuffle the lineup try othe
r combos ie the did the OL/DL..
You may be right but I would be brining some guys in to just see what they have.
ET rumored to be heading to the Texans. You got Eric Reid Heck I would even call Eric Berry, Prince cb Snacks?? Clay Matthews Kendricks
Maybe None of these guys are better but you dont know less you bring them in and see dont mean we have to sign them but dang kick the tires at least.
We might be stuck with what we have I would not give up any draft picks unless he is young and a starter 2021 Draft is loaded with CB this next year

cristglo

Reaction score
The Jones' are not on the field making stupid decisions on KO returns, making stupid penalties on both sides of the ball. Making dumb play calls trying to be cute in critical situations.
He is not throwing ill advised passes for INT's at the end of the half in a critical drive.

So what DB do you have in mind as a couch GM? And do not say ET. As it is not happening.

I hear what you are saying and I cannot speak for others on here but my problem is that fact that we keep ignoring positions of need when its the off season or during the draft. Been needing a safety for years now and a DT.
We drafted Hill instead of a safety but Hill may be catching on.
This is a really screwed up year and I keep having hope that this defense will right the ship lol

cristglo

Reaction score
The Jones' are not on the field making stupid decisions on KO returns, making stupid penalties on both sides of the ball. Making dumb play calls trying to be cute in critical situations.
He is not throwing ill advised passes for INT's at the end of the half in a critical drive.

So what DB do you have in mind as a couch GM? And do not say ET. As it is not happening.

I hear what you are saying and I cannot speak for others on here but my problem is that fact that we keep ignoring positions of need when its the off season or during the draft. Been needing a safety for years now and a DT.
We drafted Hill instead of a safety but Hill may be catching on.
This is a really screwed up year and I keep having hope that this defense will right the ship lol